• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

US Unlocked LG V40 (V405QA) to Sprint Firmware?

Search This thread

DiZzyBonne

Jun 3, 2012
I used to own the Sprint variant of this phone, V405UA. I just bought the unlocked version because it was on sale through Best Buy. I can no longer use Calling PLUS, meaning I can't talk and surf the web at the same time, and I don't have access to WiFi calling anymore. I'm also guessing I don't have HD Voice, but I haven't had a chance to test it out.

When I dial *#*#4636#*#*, the options to provision VoLTE and WiFi calling are both greyed out and disabled.

Im currently on software version V405QA11b, which is the November 2018 security patch. That's what my phone came with out of the box. I find it a little strange, I thought the factory software patch should have been V405QA10d, the September or October security patch. Little side question, is it normal for phones purchased later to come with newer software than phones purchased during release?

Anyway, is there any way to force enable VoLTE, or WiFi calling? If not, what if I flash my phone to the Sprint firmware? Can anybody post a guide?

Thanks!