US version: One 5G Ace

Search This thread

Pixel-bit

Jan 11, 2021
Nice. Hopefully this device picks up in popularity now that it's being launched elsewhere. It's woefully ignored considering what it offers.

Reactions: nv270

swes013

Account currently disabled
Mar 4, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
i have the Moto one ace 5g US unlocked version straight off the shelf from Best Buy and the bootloader unlock is not supported by the moto portal so i guess we are SOL for root or any other development yeah?

mingkee

i have the Moto one ace 5g US unlocked version straight off the shelf from Best Buy and the bootloader unlock is not supported by the moto portal so i guess we are SOL for root or any other development yeah?
Mine is also bought from Best Buy
Bootloader unlock request is same as other models.
Make sure those 5 lines from fastboot oem get_unlock_code is a complete one line (no missed character)

finnd1

Giving myself buyers remorse and it hasn't even arrived yet! I currently have a Samsung Note8 (not rooted) and I'm comparing specs . . . no QC(QuickCharge) on the Motorola, lower dpi resolution, usb 2.0 vs 3.1 on the note? no mention of gorilla glass?

Those of you with the 5g ACE, what did you come from, and how is it comparing?

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
Giving myself buyers remorse and it hasn't even arrived yet! I currently have a Samsung Note8 (not rooted) and I'm comparing specs . . . no QC(QuickCharge) on the Motorola, lower dpi resolution, usb 2.0 vs 3.1 on the note? no mention of gorilla glass?

Coming from a Xiaomi mi mix 2s. Phone has great specs in comparison to this one. I strictly also knew this is a budget device, and for the price I can't complain. With a smooth ui and root, it's a simple phone that does what I personally need it for. The camera in this phone blows away the mix.

The wireless charge was also a feature I thought I'd miss but I just don't, and the battery lasts forever in comparison. I used to fall for the pretty colors the displays on the big brands show off. Yes, they are nice, but after a year they look like any other screen out there anyways. This display is perfectly fine, does well in all lights and is quite large.

Also the feature sets the big name brands threw out there of course are cool, but when it comes down to it the less BS that is on the phone the better it works. Plus when I bought those devices I would be unlocking and flashing ROMs anyways to remove all that bloat.

This phone is not a gaming rig, it is a basic smartphone that has decent specs. Overall I cannot complain, my old phone has much, much better hardware and a newer OS, but this phone is perfect. Only root needed with the Android One ui experience. Don't get me wrong, if developers pick this thing up I'm game to ROM it, but it just doesn't need it. 5/10 if you're looking for a flagship, but 10/10 if you're looking for a budget device.

davidbtc2009

Sep 19, 2017
mastodon.radio
Its mid march and not a single AOSP ROM. I am so tempted seeing this phone going for a steal on swappa in great condition, but i need AOSP. i add F-Droid and use mostly FOSS Apps. Aurora store covers the play store apps i must absolutely have. But i need AOSP because i want no play services, no google nothing.

the.real.p3y0t3

Jul 15, 2020
I know thjis is a old post, but did you try using their format tool on the motodev portal for formatting the unlock_data string? I jumped to the same conclusion with my moto one action, however in the end it was user error on my part.

Ive had my Ace for about 12 hours, and have:

Unlocked the bootloader
Flashed HavokOS
Flashed Lineage 18.1
Flashed Android 11
Rooted\Magisked\Riru'ed\EdXsposed\GravityBox'ed

..and the phone has cooperated like a champ. I'm intentionally hard on phones, for hey thats how you learn! That and heh the wonderful folks of XDA ;-)

Reactions: eurovive

eurovive

Nov 22, 2021
Somewhere
Moto G 5G
I know thjis is a old post, but did you try using their format tool on the motodev portal for formatting the unlock_data string? I jumped to the same conclusion with my moto one action, however in the end it was user error on my part.

Unlocked the bootloader
Flashed HavokOS
Flashed Lineage 18.1
Flashed Android 11

..and the phone has cooperated like a champ. I'm intentionally hard on phones, for hey thats how you learn! That and heh the wonderful folks of XDA ;-)
Hi.How did you do that for One Ace?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Coming from a Xiaomi mi mix 2s. Phone has great specs in comparison to this one. I strictly also knew this is a budget device, and for the price I can't complain. With a smooth ui and root, it's a simple phone that does what I personally need it for. The camera in this phone blows away the mix.

The wireless charge was also a feature I thought I'd miss but I just don't, and the battery lasts forever in comparison. I used to fall for the pretty colors the displays on the big brands show off. Yes, they are nice, but after a year they look like any other screen out there anyways. This display is perfectly fine, does well in all lights and is quite large.

Also the feature sets the big name brands threw out there of course are cool, but when it comes down to it the less BS that is on the phone the better it works. Plus when I bought those devices I would be unlocking and flashing ROMs anyways to remove all that bloat.

This phone is not a gaming rig, it is a basic smartphone that has decent specs. Overall I cannot complain, my old phone has much, much better hardware and a newer OS, but this phone is perfect. Only root needed with the Android One ui experience. Don't get me wrong, if developers pick this thing up I'm game to ROM it, but it just doesn't need it. 5/10 if you're looking for a flagship, but 10/10 if you're looking for a budget device.
    Nice. Hopefully this device picks up in popularity now that it's being launched elsewhere. It's woefully ignored considering what it offers.

Unlocked the bootloader
    Flashed HavokOS
    Flashed Lineage 18.1
    Flashed Android 11