[US998][STOCK][PIE]LG V30 US998 US99830b_00_0902.KDZ

phuocloc

Sep 19, 2019
You are probably thinking of Master Reset, to stop the bootlooping. But if you are downgrading from Pie US998 to Oreo US998, there shouldn't be any bootlooping. HOWEVER, if you are crossflashing from another firmware like AT&T H931, Canada H933, Sprint LS998 to US998 Oreo KDA -- yes there will be bootlooping. For those you will need to follow the Frankenstein directions, where you downgrade to US998 Nougat. Run Master Reset to stop the bootlooping. THEN, you can update to early Oreo US999 for bootloader unlock.
everything worked. thank you very much. May I ask for your help once more, how can I get the modem.img from another lgv30 phone to my phone? I am using lgv30 docomo up via rom lgmv300k in Korea now my phone is receiving the sim but no signal is on. Currently there is lg v30 docomo in operation normally.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
everything worked. thank you very much. May I ask for your help once more, how can I get the modem.img from another lgv30 phone to my phone? I am using lgv30 docomo up via rom lgmv300k in Korea now my phone is receiving the sim but no signal is on. Currently there is lg v30 docomo in operation normally.
There's a thread for Korean models and they discuss how to get the Korean modem back after bootloader unlock and root.

Hope that helps. I don't have time right now to go through the thread to see the exact post. I know some of the links in that thread post #1 appear dead -- but most of them were just mirrors to MY posts, in my ChazzMatt Android File Host account. You can find most of them there if you look.

This guy has Docomo I believe and restored his modem from a backup:

At the end of everything I restored the modem partition from a backup image I had.
E.g.:
Code:
dd if=/external_sd/backup/modem.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem
And that did the trick.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDannemand

Osprey00

Jul 21, 2009
From Telegram:

Stock US99830b twrp flashable zip
This stock pie twrp zip should be able to be flashed after using aosp 10/11 without issues and might fix problems in aosp 10/11 which needs nougat to fix

Everything is already patched so no need to flash any other zips
(Base zip made by JohnFawkes I replaced some files to fix some stuff)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone