USA Metro PCS LG L70

Search This thread

nintendo1889

Apr 21, 2013
No. Its almost an act of god for a higher end phone to get lollipop!

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mkhtfld76

Mar 1, 2012
I tried the same, but somewhere in the mix the "settings" app cannot delete data, and i cannot open it all the way.
1st pic shows as far as i can get. I need to know how i can fix this because i cannot dowlnoad due to not being able to click on the security tab to allow downloads from unknown sources. Also superSU did not update binary after many tries and it deleted kinguser and now i dont have the app but i have binary and a no superuser permissions but some root checker apps say i do? Hard reset did nothing. If i check in a terminal emulator it says timer expred? (Pic 2) i need to know how to fix this. Any suggestions?
Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

Did you find a fix for this?

Chibiwolfe

Nov 2, 2014
What's the issue?

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Possibly in Q2 of this year. But we have a no bugs version of Lollipop on AndroidForums. :D
This is Q2 and while that is true, I dont want to root. I cant due to version c and even if I ever unrooted it would still always be remembered by the security of lg. Plus, I'd like the official update for the lg g3 theme and all the features updates that I already have.

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
This is Q2 and while that is true, I dont want to root. I cant due to version c and even if I ever unrooted it would still always be remembered by the security of lg. Plus, I'd like the official update for the lg g3 theme and all the features updates that I already have.

You can root version C actually, even without downgrading now! Q2 is still in progress though, give it time. ;) You can unroot it fully actually. If you use the KDZ to flash back to stock it's as if it never happened

Jaron219

May 13, 2015
Is there a way to disquise download location as if a non market app was from the play store? That would allow me to install 3rd party apps.

mkhtfld76

Mar 1, 2012
My settings app doesn't open

Hmmmm...If I can think of anything Ill let you know. This phone has been somewhat of a pain. I've rooted,unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery and kernel. The only real problrem im having is when my phone boots it takes a LONG time. Like over an hour at times. So im avoiding reboots and powering down the phone.

Reactions: Jaron219

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Hmmmm...If I can think of anything Ill let you know. This phone has been somewhat of a pain. I've rooted,unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery and kernel. The only real problrem im having is when my phone boots it takes a LONG time. Like over an hour at times. So im avoiding reboots and powering down the phone.
Have you tried a Lollipop based rom? Those things boot in SECONDS.
My settings app doesn't open

Are you on stock or..?

Jaron219

May 13, 2015
Yep totally stock

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I think i have a solution. If someone used lg backup to backup settings with non market enabled, I might be able to use the file to change my setting

bear27

Jun 20, 2015
U r an android god!!! It worked!!! Thank you soooo much!!! And thanx to everyone else with the root and development yet to come! Finally GTA San Andreas on my lg ms323!!! :laugh:
Hi if one of you could please please show me how i can download san andreas to my lgms323 it would be much appreciated.i understand you have how to eo it clearly above but if you clould please break it down to me.im new to having a rooted device and im not quite sure on how to do what you said to do.so if you could please help me i would really appreciate it I've bin trying to get this game in my phone for weeks

Reactions: tpx00

tpx00

Aug 23, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Lg l70 now rooted.

Here you go guys I figured there to much clutter on the other thread so maybe this will help us root THIS phone and not have other phone's in there. So please don't post comments or questions about any phone other then the USA MetroPCS LG L70.

LG L70 still NOT rooted
MK902 ROOTED with 4.4 custom rom

Use kingroot. Worked on mine finally.

bnoot

Aug 10, 2010
Confirmed, Kingroot worked perfectly on my l70 as well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p
    [UNLOCK][MS323] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code:
    laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code:
    ./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

Push the img to your sdcard
    Code:
    adb push laf.img /sdcard/

Use adb shell & su
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Overwrite the zeroed out partition
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
    Please support for a new device forum request

Hi all,
    Please hit thanks to below post, so that I can build a strong case to get us a forum: we have so much redundant information here, so its a high time we should have our own forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54680727&postcount=15119
    Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
    This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
    Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...
    CWM being released soon ;) Testing everything before releasing