USA Metro PCS LG L70

Search This thread

FluffyFox20

Mar 17, 2014
First you need to backup your app and data to your computer just in case. Place the data in the android/data/obb folder or whatever folder it goes into in your EXTERNAL SD and then you make a folder with the exact same name in the exact same location in your INTERNAL. Then you install the apk and go to folder mount and select the app analyzer and you should see your game or app in the list. If it doesn't show a usable data or obb folder, then you must have put it in the wrong place or you need to put something (.nomedia file maybe) in the folder so the app doesn't think it is empty. Select the empty folder in the internal as the source and the real folder containing the data in the external as the destination, and then you click the checkmark at the top. Finally you go to the apps list and make sure you click on the icon beside the app so that it turns green which means that the folder is mounted. You should also make it automount folders on boot in the settings.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk
That is ****ing genius O3O *tackle hugs*

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
If you mean the games I have installed, I have Asphalt 8, Real Boxing, Anomaly, Gangstar Rio, Worms 3, Wild Blood and I can't remember the rest. And if u mean the app that I use, it's only Folder Mount, that's all you need and nothing else:)

So with folder mount, i can download apps from the play store that are larger than my free internal storage space? Yes or no?

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
Lolz. That is true. Once you understand the basics, you can do anything....... Except bootloader unlock.

Why not look into the Motion 4G? They have a locked boot loader yet have a recovery. Then again, it wasn't locked down as bad.

Lol let me put it this way: "Ewww!"
I actually have that one in pieces somewhere. It fell a low fall on a rug and guess what? The entire digitizer shattered.
The screen still worked and it came in handy when my LS970's screen stopped working, then suddenly one day I
go to boot it up and it would bootloop, which is impossible if it wasnt modded. The only OTHER way certain phones
bootloop is if some sort of hardware damaged...anyways I took it apart to give the speaker to a friend for his. That device
wasn't useful at all on stock. It couldnt play simple 3D games, the screen was microscopic, and pixel density was beyond
horrible although I have to say cam quality I think was actually better than this phone. I'm just hoping to see our MS323
make it further.

FluffyFox20

Mar 17, 2014
Lol let me put it this way: "Ewww!"
I actually have that one in pieces somewhere. It fell a low fall on a rug and guess what? The entire digitizer shattered.
The screen still worked and it came in handy when my LS970's screen stopped working, then suddenly one day I
go to boot it up and it would bootloop, which is impossible if it wasnt modded. The only OTHER way certain phones
bootloop is if some sort of hardware damaged...anyways I took it apart to give the speaker to a friend for his. That device
wasn't useful at all on stock. It couldnt play simple 3D games, the screen was microscopic, and pixel density was beyond
horrible although I have to say cam quality I think was actually better than this phone. I'm just hoping to see our MS323
make it further.
I am just hoping that when we get the Bootloader Unlocked, we can make a Cm11 ROM owo *shaking in seat*

brattydroid35

Apr 27, 2014
First you need to backup your app and data to your computer just in case. Place the data in the android/data/obb folder or whatever folder it goes into in your EXTERNAL SD and then you make a folder with the exact same name in the exact same location in your INTERNAL. Then you install the apk and go to folder mount and select the app analyzer and you should see your game or app in the list. If it doesn't show a usable data or obb folder, then you must have put it in the wrong place or you need to put something (.nomedia file maybe) in the folder so the app doesn't think it is empty. Select the empty folder in the internal as the source and the real folder containing the data in the external as the destination, and then you click the checkmark at the top. Finally you go to the apps list and make sure you click on the icon beside the app so that it turns green which means that the folder is mounted. You should also make it automount folders on boot in the settings.

U r an android god!!! It worked!!! Thank you soooo much!!! And thanx to everyone else with the root and development yet to come! Finally GTA San Andreas on my lg ms323!!! :laugh:

Reactions: bear27

brattydroid35

Apr 27, 2014
I used the script to remove bloatware and it worked fine, Thanx! Except... I want the LGbrowser (metro browser) back on my lg MS323. Can somebody post a link for the apk and odex for our phone? Also instructions would help as well. Thank you all!!!

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
But it already has heating issues

Sent from my Metro-PCS LG Optimus L70

Wuuuuuut? Mine heats up but barely. If yours is producing too much heat then perhaps the battery is beginning to die?
Or do you take it with you to the bathroom when showering with hot water? (Humidity causes certain internal issues...)
Besides i doubt OCing will damage anything. Ive owned several dual core 1.2GHz devices and overclocking will not heat
them up too much. And LG phones are pretty strong. The Galaxy S4 heats up horribly hot (1.9GHz), while the G2 with its
2.26GHz doesn't produce enough heat to scare you. The Galaxy Nexus produces some good heat overclocked at 1.5GHz
but its not hot to where you'll worry. I did however experience one nasty heating issue on it with one rom using a kernel
clocked at stock 1.2GHz, but even then it was still alive. That is the one phone I feared with OCing GPU as you would have
instant graphical glitches for about 10 seconds as soon as you kick it up.

ANYWAYS, concept is, this device can handle it and if we ever reach the day where OC is possible, I'll be the first to push it
to the limit! ;)

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I am just hoping that when we get the Bootloader Unlocked, we can make a Cm11 ROM owo *shaking in seat*

Exactly. Optimus UI doesn't look good on low pixel density screens, CM however looks good even on a 3.5inch screen!
Not to mention the features we can get. I'm dying for AOKP to be seen on mine, or maybe even an unofficial Dirty Unicorn build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p
    [UNLOCK][MS323] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code:
    laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop
    Mirror link: HERE

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code:
    ./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

Push the img to your sdcard
    Code:
    adb push laf.img /sdcard/

Use adb shell & su
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Overwrite the zeroed out partition
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
    Please support for a new device forum request

Hi all,
    Please hit thanks to below post, so that I can build a strong case to get us a forum: we have so much redundant information here, so its a high time we should have our own forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54680727&postcount=15119
    Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
    This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
    Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...
    CWM being released soon ;) Testing everything before releasing
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone