USA Metro PCS LG L70

Search This thread

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Thanks for your hardwork and doing this

Everyone has been watiting for a while .. i was looking at the script file and all it did was zero out your laf parition

laf = download mode

then we did fastboot oem unlocked witch mean whatever was on the download mode parition we made it 0 and fastboot oem unlocked it

its the same thing with all poaritions if you zero it out like the recovery parition fota parition any of the paritions you can zero them out and nothing will be there it .. ? why did it take a very long time writing a simple script ?

Not saying i don't like it trust me thank you im just wondering why it took so long .. many testers where waiting to help out

Anyways Thanks again

CWM or TWRP is going to be awesome

Some times the simplest things slip by. ;)

AA did a good job in finding/trying it being new to all this crap and all.

This has been tried other other devices before and although the oem unlock might have worked, other things at play still made it not possible to flash anything. ;)

Good job AA!! ;)

Junkie2100

Mar 10, 2010
Thanks for your hardwork and doing this

Everyone has been watiting for a while .. i was looking at the script file and all it did was zero out your laf parition

laf = download mode

then we did fastboot oem unlocked witch mean whatever was on the download mode parition we made it 0 and fastboot oem unlocked it

its the same thing with all poaritions if you zero it out like the recovery parition fota parition any of the paritions you can zero them out and nothing will be there it .. ? why did it take a very long time writing a simple script ?

Not saying i don't like it trust me thank you im just wondering why it took so long .. many testers where waiting to help out

Anyways Thanks again

CWM or TWRP is going to be awesome

we were unaware of the fact that it had bootloader/fastboot access, because you have to break lg download mode to get it hence the zeroing out. i mean i guess we could have gone through just destroying partitions on the phone randomly, youre free to volunteer to test that if you want but you will likely need a new phone afterwards

jcbjoe

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 7
THANKS

To All

dev="Android Addict and junkie2100"
cred="Android Addict, junkie2100, Cheetopocalypse, biggiephil, bobdamnit, LoneStar, and PlayfulGod"

Thank you for you hard work on this

My impatience got the best of me and i made a n00b comment

Please forgive ..

Thanks again for everything you guys have done to get this to work and eventuallly a custom recovery w00t

Thanks

Reactions: crutchcorn

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)
What you need:
NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.
Push the img to your sdcard
Code:
adb push laf.img /sdcard/

Use adb shell & su
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su

Overwrite the zeroed out partition
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
Why do we need BusyBox installed? Are there some sort of special elevated privileges that are granted through su/superuser?
Just tossing it out there cause I was curious. Not a big deal since I think most of us have it anyway.
[emoji4]

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
Why do we need BusyBox installed? Are there some sort of special elevated privileges that are granted through su/superuser?
Just tossing it out there cause I was curious. Not a big deal since I think most of us have it anyway.
[emoji4]

Busybox allows us to let the device run specific commands like moving partitions from one directory to another and a lot more. You can search "busybox wiki" in google and get a full detailed explanation about it if you want. Basically it had to be installed for it to run certain commands in the batch or shell script in the bootloader method.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

And for those blokes without access to either desktop or laptop? How are we to unlock our bootloaders? ROM Toolbox's terminal emulator, perhaps? It worked flawlessly to flash CWM on my Alcatel Venture. Granted, the Venture is running GB 2.3.5. Comparatively a less complex OS than our L70. But...Would it be possible?

Anyone have a clue for a n00b?
It should work with terminal emulater, I will edit the shell script tomorrow for people who are running it from the phone ;) It would be easier to get a forum so I would have a specific section to post in and update the thread in but I cant complain, we have an unlocked bootloader now :p I will post tomorrow when this has been done for mobile users

bobdamnit

Jan 8, 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
To All

dev="Android Addict and junkie2100"
cred="Android Addict, junkie2100, Cheetopocalypse, biggiephil, bobdamnit, LoneStar, and PlayfulGod"

Thank you for you hard work on this

My impatience got the best of me and i made a n00b comment

Please forgive ..

Thanks again for everything you guys have done to get this to work and eventuallly a custom recovery w00t

Thanks
I had absolutely nothing to do with the boot loader unlock, other than cheering AA on.

AndroidAddict deserves the credit, not me.

Also, AA, that phone will be shipped out tonight. Expect it sometime late this week, bro.

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Hey guys, I can send and recieve MMS on stock messaging and Hangouts, but not EvolveSMS. Already reached out to dev (kinda mean), and he basically said not his problem and I need to figure out apns. I've tried so many.... Any help here?

Sent from my MetroPCS LG L70

neomar1993

May 27, 2014
unfortunately has stopped messages

any of these ROMs are in this topic, which are different from the factory brings MS323 Metro pcs Lg L70?

it does not bring the good metro pcs applications be the original ROM metro is what I want.

HELP ME

excuse my English use google translator.

LILJAMER

Mar 19, 2014
This is the method I used to unlock the bootloader of the LG L70 on MetroPCS. This has worked for me and will work for you if you follow the instructions and read this guide :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

NOTE: Must have busybox installed on your device, have USB debugging enabled, and the phone plugged in and set as charge only.

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.
Mirror link: HERE

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
Code:
laf_script.bat
(Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
Code:
cd ~/Desktop/bootloader_unlock_part1

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
Code:
./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
Code:
fastboot devices
(Hit enter)
Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
Code:
fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
Code:

Code:

Use adb shell & su
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su

Code:

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
Hello sir! :D glad to see the bootloader had been unlocked. But I tried it a second ago and i couldn't do it because my computer which is running Windows 8 told me that it was unrecognized as an executable program. It was already set as executable in my properties I even tried to set it as an exe. How am I supposed to make it executable?? :(??

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
I had absolutely nothing to do with the boot loader unlock, other than cheering AA on.

AndroidAddict deserves the credit, not me.

Also, AA, that phone will be shipped out tonight. Expect it sometime late this week, bro.
Thanks bobdamnit, you're going to be in the credits on anything I put out for this device by the way ;)

Hello sir! :D glad to see the bootloader had been unlocked. But I tried it a second ago and i couldn't do it because my computer which is running Windows 8 told me that it was unrecognized as an executable program. It was already set as executable in my properties I even tried to set it as an exe. How am I supposed to make it executable?? :(??

Try double clicking the batch script and see if it runs then, the only reason I didn't add that to the original post is because it will throw your backup of the laf partition in whatever directory you have adb installed and it is different on other peoples setup so some people wouldn't know where to look for it.

Edit: and be sure you rename the script to have the bat extension

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA

Thanks bobdamnit, you're going to be in the credits on anything I put out for this device by the way ;)

Try double clicking the batch script and see if it runs then, the only reason I didn't add that to the original post is because it will throw your backup of the laf partition in whatever directory you have adb installed and it is different on other peoples setup so some people wouldn't know where to look for it.

Edit: and be sure you rename the script to have the bat extension

Have you tried Unblocking the script. Right click, hit properties, then click unblock. It's the laf_script.bat

Reactions: AndroidAddict||AA

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Thanks Addict and CrunchCorn I did unblock it, after unblocking I tried to put the command in cmd it still gave me the "." unrecognized error

All lowercase for me. ;)

Is busybox installed? Did you run the script as admin? Is the phone in developer adb mode? Is the phone in charge only mode? Is the cable proper? Is ADB installed on computer? Is fastboot? (to test these click win+R and type CMD. Then type adb and a list of things should show up.) all these things are less known but needed

EDIT: Not trying to be rude. :) Just naming things that can be overlooked by even the most advanced sometimes. :) The fine print

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Thanks for helping him, i'm a linux user so when it comes to windows questions, I cant give a great answer :p

No worries. :) I got it from here. If something really big comes up or anything outta the norm, I'll let you know.

xxdevxx

Mar 5, 2014
Im still having problems unlocking my boot loader please help. I can boot into fastboot mode but when I type in the "fastboot oem unlock" it says <waiting for device> any help will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my LGMS323 using XDA Free mobile app

LILJAMER

Mar 19, 2014
All lowercase for me. ;)

Is busybox installed? Did you run the script as admin? Is the phone in developer adb mode? Is the phone in charge only mode? Is the cable proper? Is ADB installed on computer? Is fastboot? (to test these click win+R and type CMD. Then type adb and a list of things should show up.) all these things are less known but needed

EDIT: Not trying to be rude. :) Just naming things that can be overlooked by even the most advanced sometimes. :) The fine print

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

No worries. :) I got it from here. If something really big comes up or anything outta the norm, I'll let you know.

I think I see the problem I will try again when I have a chance

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Im still having problems unlocking my boot loader please help. I can boot into fastboot mode but when I type in the "fastboot oem unlock" it says <waiting for device> any help will be greatly appreciated

Sounds like fastboot might not be properly set up? Not sure how to fix this one. Has your phone's fastboot drivers installed yet? And do you have fastboot set up properly?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I think I see the problem I will try again when I have a chance

Cool stuff. Lemme know

xxdevxx

Mar 5, 2014
I downloaded the minimal fastboot and adb drivers I don't know if that was enough. How do I set it up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
    PlayfulGod
    BlastGT1
    bobdamnit
    Cheetopocalypse
    LoneStar
    biggiephil
    crutchcorn
    and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
    Windows
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Linux
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Reboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p
    [UNLOCK][MS323] LG L70 Bootloader Unlock

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that may happen when unlocking your bootloader. Your device = Your responsibility.

Credits: junkie2100, PlayfulGod, LoneStar, Cheetopocalypse, bobdamnit, BlastGT1, jonhaney, daddyof3_101, biggiephil and lady vengeance (sorry if I forgot someone).

What you need:

Windows users, you need fastboot and adb installed. All of which is included in the zip for part 1. Linux users, same for you, I have included the adb and fastboot binary but I had a problem with the adb not working in the package, might be something I edited in the shell script so install adb in your bin directory (I can help if needed).

Part 1:

Windows Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop.

2. Open the bootloader folder and press shift + right click, select "Open Command Window here".

3. In command prompt, type:
    Code:
    laf_script.bat
    (Hit enter and the first step will start)

Be sure to pay attention to the command window to make sure you are not having any problems. That is it for part 1, go to part 2 :)[/align]

Linux Users

1. Download the bootloader.zip and extract it to your Desktop

2. Open terminal with ctrl + alt + t and cd to the folders directory.
    Code:

3. In the folder, right click the laf_script_linux.sh file, go to properties, and allow the file to execute as program.

4. Now in terminal, type:
    Code:
    ./laf_script_linux.sh

Done with part 1, pay attention to the terminal and be sure everything is working correctly.[/align]

Windows and Linux users, if you had everything setup correctly before running this, you should have a backup of the laf.img in the directory you ran the script from. If you have checked your script directory and your adb directory located on the C drive for windows (If you didn't use the ones I included) and you still don't have a backup of the laf partition, hastebin the output of terminal or command prompt and link me to it.

Part 2:

Windows and Linux Users

1. Power off your device

2. With the device powered off, plug in your usb to your computer, power on and hold volume up until in fastboot mode. If your phone boots to download mode then something didn't work right, be sure you followed every instruction in part 1.

3. Open Command prompt or terminal and cd to the same directory as your scripts, once there, type:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    (Hit enter)
    Be sure that your device is listed, it should be random numbers.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

4. Verify that your bootloader is indeed unlocked:
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info

That is it, you are now unlocked ;) Keep in mind that download mode is now gone, so if your brick then fastboot is your only option. If you would like to restore download mode as soon as you unlock your device, you can do this:

cd to the directory where your backup of the laf partition is
    Code:

Code:

Use adb shell & su
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su

Code:

Done, hope y'all enjoy this. If you would like to show me some support, you can do so by clicking the donate link in my signature, all donations will be appreciated :) Be sure to keep your username in the correct field so I can personally thank you.
    Please support for a new device forum request

Hi all,
    Please hit thanks to below post, so that I can build a strong case to get us a forum: we have so much redundant information here, so its a high time we should have our own forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54680727&postcount=15119
    Hello everyone,

Thread cleaned to get it back on track.
    This is just a general reminder to all. No one is to ask for ETAs here or anywhere else on this site. No one is entitled to anything. These roms and/or mods take time to do and at times it's a struggle to find enough time to do them for everyone. Please keep in mind, that people have personal lives that come first before anything else that is going on on this website.
    Please respect that and respect each other.

Regards...
    CWM being released soon ;) Testing everything before releasing