• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

USA Metro PCS LG L70

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Had that happen as well. I waited until after the third time the LG logo showed, and then released the power button, while keeping the vol+ depressed, and the fastboot screen showed up.

It seemed a little hit or miss though as a couple of attempts just went to normal boot.

My sincere thanks to all developers.

Installed adb and fastboot, have a root, installed busybox, enabled developer mode, installed drivers.
Then ran script, it looks like it ran.
Now, I am at the beginning of part 2,
I cannot get into fastboot mode. Power off, connected to usb, power on and press vol. up, I see LG logo, then vibrate, then blank screen, and it repeats. After few times, sometime it shows boot animation, then goes back to LG logo and vibrate with computer ding-dong noise.

what would you suggest I should do? do I repeat Part 1?
thank you very much for your help.
And if there's any more problems still I might be able to help. This is most definetly the most tricky part

Sent from my MetroPCS LG L70

smithrock

Jul 25, 2012
caseyjp11 said:
Had that happen as well. I waited until after the third time the LG logo showed, and then released the power button, while keeping the vol+ depressed, and the fastboot screen showed up.

It seemed a little hit or miss though as a couple of attempts just went to normal boot.

And if there's any more problems still I might be able to help. This is most definetly the most tricky part
Thank you. I need some help. I still cannot see fastboot screen. After several tries, I repeated step 1 again. Now, when I press power and Vol+, I see "DOWNLOAD" screen but not the fastboot.

any suggestions? thank you,

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Thank you. I need some help. I still cannot see fastboot screen. After several tries, I repeated step 1 again. Now, when I press power and Vol+, I see "DOWNLOAD" screen but not the fastboot.

any suggestions? thank you,
Is the screen black? All black with like 5 lines of white text? Cause that said download when it's not.

Reactions: caseyjp11

smithrock

Jul 25, 2012
yes, black screen, heading says DOWNLOAD MODE,
press the vol. up key......
then about 7-8 lines of white text, the last line says something fastboot processing command,

I went ahead and per original instructions, typed in fastboot devices. It gave some result (numbers fastboot).
then, I typed in fastboot oem unlock. The result was OKAY, finished, total time...

am I done at this point?

thanks for your time.

Reactions: caseyjp11

Filedriver

Nov 16, 2011
Delray Beach, Fla.
I had some trouble at first as well, I ran the exploit and it ran fine...unplugged my device from my laptop, powered off. I just held the volume up and plugged usb back into my laptop and it went right to fastboot but I couldn't run part_2 my PC couldn't pick up my device in fastboot mode: Stuck on "waiting for device".
So I opened device manager with my phone still in fastboot mode....scrolled down the list and saw "Android"... I right clicked on it and updated driver to Android sooner single ADB interface. went back to the script folder and opened the promt, ran part_2...done! Not sure why my Comp didnt pick up fastboot mode...I have the right drivers installed..Its a piece of crap anyway but it works most of the time! Thanx a Mill to the devs on this device...I can't afford a fancy S5 at the moment;) I'll do my best to donate.:D

Last edited:

crutchcorn

Dec 26, 2013
Sacramento, CA
yes, black screen, heading says DOWNLOAD MODE,
press the vol. up key......
then about 7-8 lines of white text, the last line says something fastboot processing command,

I went ahead and per original instructions, typed in fastboot devices. It gave some result (numbers fastboot).
then, I typed in fastboot oem unlock. The result was OKAY, finished, total time...

am I done at this point?

thanks for your time.
Yeah. You're done. Unlocked and ready to roll

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
[CWMR][MS323] CWM 6.0.5.0 For LG L70

This recovery is for the LG L70 (MS323). It has been tested and works 100%.

This wouldn't be possible without junkie2100 and PlayfulGod, be sure to thank them also ;)

Credits:

junkie2100
PlayfulGod
BlastGT1
bobdamnit
Cheetopocalypse
LoneStar
biggiephil
crutchcorn
and last but not least, koush.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything that can happen to your device when using this. Your phone = Your responsibility. Your booloader MUST be unlocked to use this.

NOTE: I am still waiting on a firmware B tester to test the key combo to boot to recovery. For all you firmware B users, be careful not to brick your device because the key combo has not been confirmed working for y'all yet :)

The Goods

Instructions:

Fastboot users

Download the recovery.img to your computer and open up terminal or command prompt and cd to the directory where the recovery.img is.

Example:
Windows
Code:
cd Downloads
Linux
Code:
cd ~/Downloads
Now that you are in the recovery.img's directory, boot into fastboot mode by powering off the device, from power off, plug in your usb, power on the device, as soon as it starts to boot, release the power button and hold volume up until in fastboot mode.

Now in terminal or command prompt, type:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot
Code:
fastboot reboot
Once booted, go download this awesome app to make rebooting to recovery easy, HERE

People who restored the laf partition, follow these steps:

Place the recovery.img in the root of your internal sd card.

Open up command prompt or terminal and type:
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Now it is time to overwrite your stock recovery with cwm, type:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
That's it, download this awesome app to reboot to recovery HERE

Keep in mind, when rebooting from recovery, it will ask you to do 2 things, select no for the first option and select yes for fix root or you will lose your root. To boot to recovery you would use the same key that is used to factory reset, from power off, you boot and press volume down

That's it for the recovery, hope everyone enjoys it :) If you would like to donate, you can click the little donate picture in my signature and send me some money for an energy drink :p

Last edited:

ricki13th

Jun 4, 2014
Miami
Much thanks and respect to you and other devs who work tirelessly, I will try to link this thread on YouTube videos who showed off this phone on their videos to get more lg l70 users who are looking to mod their phones and also donate to show some love. Bty How do you know if its firmware B or not so I don't accident my brick it. Thank you guys again!

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
Nice work, AA! Kudos bro!
Thank you Bob :)
Much thanks and respect to you and other devs who work tirelessly, I will try to link this thread on YouTube videos who showed off this phone on their videos to get more lg l70 users who are looking to mod their phones and also donate to show some love. Bty How do you know if its firmware B or not so I don't accident my brick it. Thank you guys again!
All donations are appreciated :) Glad you enjoy the recovery, you can check firmware in system settings > about phone > software version, then look at the very bottom, it will say either ms32310a or ms32310b

ricki13th

Jun 4, 2014
Miami
Thank you Bob :)

All donations are appreciated :) Glad you enjoy the recovery, you can check firmware in system settings > about phone > software version, then look at the very bottom, it will say either ms32310a or ms32310b
Ok cool, I'm running on firmware B if it bricks can it be factory reset? Also, what is the button combo for resetting I remembered seeing it in the thread and forgot which page lol.

Edit: I figured out how to get it to factory reset > hold the vol down button and power button until the LG logo come up then as soon as it does release the power button only for a second and quickly press the power button again and you will enter the reset screen. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJEHEErUPQ

I will try it now that I'm home and let you now how it goes.

Last edited:

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
What, if you don't mind answering, is the difference between a and b?

Edit: And by the way thanks for all the hard work on this! You're awesome.
Not sure since I am still on firmware A
Ok cool, I'm running on firmware B if it bricks can it be factory reset? Also, what is the button combo for resetting I remembered seeing it in the thread and forgot which page lol.
On boot hold volume down and it will send your phone into a second boot, once that boot starts press volume down repeatedly and you should boot to recovery (that's how I do it). Let me know if that works on firmware B

ricki13th

Jun 4, 2014
Miami
Not sure since I am still on firmware A

On boot hold volume down and it will send your phone into a second boot, once that boot starts press volume down repeatedly and you should boot to recovery (that's how I do it). Let me know if that works on firmware B
For some reason the adb I install won't cd my downloads folder where the recovery.IMG is on my computer. Is there a manually way of getting the recovery on my phone and just replace stock with CWM after booting into fast boot?

jma9454

Apr 11, 2012
Seattle
For some reason the adb I install won't cd my downloads folder where the recovery.IMG is on my computer. Is there a manually way of getting the recovery on my phone and just replace stock with CWM after booting into fast boot?
Put the recovery.IMG into the folder where adb is setup. That should work.

*Edit* and it's fastboot you should be using, not adb.

AndroidAddict||AA

Jan 2, 2014
Midlothian, Texas
If you still have fastboot then you do the fastboot part of the guide ;)
Put the recovery.IMG into the folder where adb is setup. That should work.

*Edit* and it's fastboot you should be using, not adb.
Yep :)

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone