Attachments

• Screenshot_20221208_010411_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221208_010411_Settings.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: dh321

shockaholic

Mar 8, 2010
Unlocked on t-mobile and I have the latest update, still on Android 12
Yeah, same here (but using Verizon service). I think there's some confusion with some of the discussion where the Android 13 update is only out for the "U" model (carrier branded) versus it still not out for the "U1" (unlocked) model. You're probably like me where you'd prefer to stay on the "U1" unlocked firmware track versus flashing the "U" firmware.

I've been checking sammobile daily for Android 13 firmware for U1 model but nothing yet.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 003111.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-08 003050.jpg

brosenz

May 5, 2010
US
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Not for unlocked version purchased from Samsung website.
Same here, I have unlocked (SM-F936U1) and as of today no update, any idea why is the delay with unlocked devices?

I am currently using a Mint Mobile sim with the Fold 4, I have another T-Mobile sim on a different device, If I install the T-Mobile sim on the Fold 4, will that trigger the update to Android 13?

Last edited:

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, same here (but using Verizon service). I think there's some confusion with some of the discussion where the Android 13 update is only out for the "U" model (carrier branded) versus it still not out for the "U1" (unlocked) model. You're probably like me where you'd prefer to stay on the "U1" unlocked firmware track versus flashing the "U" firmware.

Yep unlocked U1 and wouldn't change honestly, I guess we keep waiting. But hit I quoted said his unlocked on T-Mobile had the damn Ota update. I haven't had an update since the beginning of Nov
If I install the T-Mobile sim on the Fold 4, will that trigger the update to Android 13?
Your phone is still a U1 firmwarewhich means it's unlocked and still wouldn't get the update even swapping sims. You could get the carrier version and load it up but then I don't think your phone would be unlocked

Sam9938

Apr 6, 2011
I run a lot of legacy android apps and have been content with 12. I'd like to experence 13 in action but my understanding is that this updates the bootloader to the point where a return to 12 would not be possible. Can anyone confirm this for me? If I can roll back than that would be great but I'm just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I run a lot of legacy android apps and have been content with 12. I'd like to experence 13 in action but my understanding is that this updates the bootloader to the point where a return to 12 would not be possible. Can anyone confirm this for me? If I can roll back than that would be great but I'm just looking for some clarification. Thanks.
That was true on my Pixel6Pro, this was posted on the thread about updating to 13 from 12. Not sure on Samsung but I believe it would be for the ZF4 too.

Reactions: Sam9938

harhumph

Mar 28, 2016
Should I be worried, it's Dec. 15th and still no software update to 13 here on my Verizon 1 tb Fold 4... I check daily for updates and my phone still says none! Getting irritated over here.

Top Liked Posts