General USA version XQ-CT62 received today!!

Search This thread

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
I just received my Xperia 1 IV USA version today from FocusCamera.com today, I was a little skeptical if it was even the USA version, since it wasn`t shipping from Sony until next week, I originally had pre-ordered on Sony website, then with a little looking around I had found the USA version on ebay in-stock, then I saw the seller name and went to there website yesterday and verified with there live chat that in fact it was in stock and would ship, so I ordered and use next day air shipping, everything works flawless and actually has the 5G bands like my Pixel 6 Pro, so I can get proper 5g speeds, on Band N71, That was missing from the Global version I was using 2 weeks ago, now I need the Firmware from Sony so I can root. I`m a happy camper

Last edited:

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
What carrier are you using it on?
yeah I had t-mobile then I switched to GoogleFi last month, and wifi calling works perfect, inside my work place service from all carriers suck, since it big steel building, but my Xperia 1 IV will say emergency calls only, but I can receive calls and make calls and receive text, ad everything just like had full bars of carrier service.

Reactions: guhvanoh

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
I guess you were not able to root it?
To know exactly how capable the device is then its necessary take modem logs and let smart people parse it.
https://cacombos.com/contribute "Qualcomm" section for Sonys.
Unfortunately not, so this will be going back for refund, I can`t justify spending 1600.00 on phone and not able to root and do with it what I want with it, but there`s always the global version I could go back too, I`m going return it and wait and see if Sony does eventually allow it to unlock the bootloader, until then I`ll just use my Pixel 6 pro for now.

arun_suresh

Nov 27, 2010
Can you please let me know if :
a. the NA model has Dual SIM support ?
b. Face unlock works (was told the fingerprint scanner is a bit finicky)

DeXel55

Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Would also like to know if they finally enabled 5G SA on T-Mobile with this year models.

Last edited:

VeixES

Mar 5, 2012
Tallinn
Would also like to know if they finally enabled 5G SA on T-Mobile with this year models.
You can know that without buying phone. Download the firmware with xperifirm, extract modem.img and use ELFextract to extract your hw variants .mbn file. This will reveal the carrier/band policy files (in policyman folder) which live in the modem. There you can see which bands are enabled for specific operators and if they are enabled for SA and NSA.

DeXel55

Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
You can know that without buying phone. Download the firmware with xperifirm, extract modem.img and use ELFextract to extract your hw variants .mbn file. This will reveal the carrier/band policy files (in policyman folder) which live in the modem. There you can see which bands are enabled for specific operators and if they are enabled for SA and NSA.
Thanks for the tip. I got as far as extracting mbn files. I can't seem to find ELFextract tool you've mentioned. I'm assuming this is different than readelf utility.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received my Xperia 1 IV USA version today from FocusCamera.com today, I was a little skeptical if it was even the USA version, since it wasn`t shipping from Sony until next week, I originally had pre-ordered on Sony website, then with a little looking around I had found the USA version on ebay in-stock, then I saw the seller name and went to there website yesterday and verified with there live chat that in fact it was in stock and would ship, so I ordered and use next day air shipping, everything works flawless and actually has the 5G bands like my Pixel 6 Pro, so I can get proper 5g speeds, on Band N71, That was missing from the Global version I was using 2 weeks ago, now I need the Firmware from Sony so I can root. I`m a happy camper
    Congratulations
    What carrier are you using it on?
    yeah I had t-mobile then I switched to GoogleFi last month, and wifi calling works perfect, inside my work place service from all carriers suck, since it big steel building, but my Xperia 1 IV will say emergency calls only, but I can receive calls and make calls and receive text, ad everything just like had full bars of carrier service.
    I guess you were not able to root it?
    To know exactly how capable the device is then its necessary take modem logs and let smart people parse it.
    https://cacombos.com/contribute "Qualcomm" section for Sonys.
    Is the 5G SA standalone or NSA only?