USA... Where to buy?

Search This thread

tyrich30

Dec 10, 2009
VA
Did anyone else notice that the only global model released does not support all the bands like the 8gb/256gb model?
Do you guys think they will release that model with a global version or just wait for the 5G version?
Not sure if I should just buy the Chinese 8GB/256GB and hope I can flash the global rom when it is released.
I need the one with all of the bands, since I am in the US and on VZW.

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
Did anyone else notice that the only global model released does not support all the bands like the 8gb/256gb model?
Do you guys think they will release that model with a global version or just wait for the 5G version?
Not sure if I should just buy the Chinese 8GB/256GB and hope I can flash the global rom when it is released.

Where are you getting information on the bands for the global release?
The 5G phone will have a modem chip separate from the 855 SOC, a brand new modem chip. It'll also be loaded down with 5G antennas. If I had to guess, I would think the band coverage would be more limited if anything. Assuming there is a 4G global release, and therefore a global rom for it, and now TWRP and the EU rom are available, I can't see any advantage in waiting. My other concern was that Xiaomi might eventually be forced into the same situation as Huawei and stop providing unlocked bootloaders in order to get traction in the US market.

tyrich30

Dec 10, 2009
VA

Never mind, i notice that the sites with the global version have updated their info. They show all of the bands like the 8gb/256gb version.
But, I still have not seen a 8gb/256gb global version on a site yet.

sensei22

May 2, 2011
I have never shipped to US buying from Aliexpress, so can somebody help me with a few questions?

How long does shipping usually take for those who have bought this phone?
Have you had to pay import taxes?

Thanks in advance

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
I have never shipped to US buying from Aliexpress, so can somebody help me with a few questions?

How long does shipping usually take for those who have bought this phone?
Have you had to pay import taxes?

Thanks in advance

No import duty on items < $800 I believe. Mine took about 2 weeks from Gearbest, and I was able to track it all the way.

Reactions: sensei22

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
Thank you so much for your response :)

I signed up for the shipping insurance, it was about $20 I think. There was a period of about a week where nothing appeared to happen, the order shows as reaching customs in China, then it disappears into a black hole until it shows up at a port in California. That was less painful than the 72 hour unlock wait though.....

Shklif

Mar 11, 2016
Portland, TX, USA
I have 8/256 black for sale, tempered glass and case from day one. Extra - 2 cases+2 tempered glasses.
Bootloader unlocked. Latest beta weekly miui.eu ROM installed.
I can flash the Chinese stable back and lock bootloader if required. Only US buyers. Please text in private.

Reactions: pbangelly

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
I have 8/256 black for sale, tempered glass and case from day one. Extra - 2 cases+2 tempered glasses.
Bootloader unlocked. Latest beta weekly miui.eu ROM installed.
I can flash the Chinese stable back and lock bootloader if required. Only US buyers. Please text in private.
This is definitely the wrong place BUT how much did you pay and how much do you want? Please don't private message me I already have an 8/256 I got for $500 last month.

jtotti80

Dec 18, 2016
You guys think it would be better to wait for the 5g version of the mi mix 3 ? I am not interested at all at the 5g connectivity myself, 4g is enough for me. But they are saying that the new Snapdragon 855 will be 40% more efficient than 845 and Adreno 640 about 20% more efficient than 630. If I do decide to wait for it you think it will be much more expensive compared to the current one? and when does Xiaomi release the new versions of its phones? Is there an ETA for the 5g mi mix 3 ??

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
You guys think it would be better to wait for the 5g version of the mi mix 3 ? I am not interested at all at the 5g connectivity myself, 4g is enough for me. But they are saying that the new Snapdragon 855 will be 40% more efficient than 845 and Adreno 640 about 20% more efficient than 630. If I do decide to wait for it you think it will be much more expensive compared to the current one? and when does Xiaomi release the new versions of its phones? Is there an ETA for the 5g mi mix 3 ??

If you don't care for 5g then 4g one will be fine. It's most likely going to be more expensive.

You won't notice much difference with the 855 over the 845 in day to day use.

You'll probably only see a difference in those pointless antutu, geek bench scores etc.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

jtotti80

Dec 18, 2016
That's what I'm thinking to do. I think the 845 will be better in battery life also. The 855 will be better in performance but it will be merged with a 5g modem, and I'm not sure how that will affect the overall battery life, since it's new tech. Maybe I'll switch to 5g when that network will be more stable and widespread.

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
5G will also be largely a waste of time for the foreseeable future, particularly for phones. The advantages of 5G will be in the dramatic reduction in latency, allowing cars to talk to each other on the road for example. Might also be nice to finally kick the cable provider completely to the kerb, I suppose.

And yes, I'd be shocked if the 5G variant wasn't significantly more expensive!

Top Liked Posts