USA... Where to buy?

Search This thread

cobben

Nov 13, 2016
The Mix series is their prestige product, they won't just abandon it in China even if it doesn't sell a lot.

Last year (not "many years ago", just 1) I think they didn't really know how to handle the Mix1 outside of China.

This first version of the Mix 3 will certainly get some sort of Global stable at the least, but it might not be quite what you would like.
Better to count on Xiaomi.eu I think.

If the 5G EU version comes out next year as the Mix 3s, the original Mix 3 will probably end up like the Mix 2 after the Mix 2s was released - a few months later and with a different chip set.

Still supported, but no-one really wants it, now do they.

Last edited:

random_crit

Jan 4, 2011
Stuttgart
well, if your description will really be true with mix 3s instead of the 5g version of the mix 3,
and if this is the same as what was with mix 2 and 2s,

then i would say Xiaomi is even more not the “person“ to blame but the buyers who cant wait for a global release and import some not-for-global device ;)

The Mix 2s gets nice support and if this also holds for the global version of the Mix 3(s), i will be a happy owner

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
I bought mine from AliExpress and the seller was extremely responsive , made sure that if I wanted to wait for the global rom or if they should send with the cn one, it was shipped dhl in 3 days!

And on at&t the signal strength in St Louis is outstanding. The best part (I upgraded from the og mimix) is that it switches back and forth from lte and 4g with no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: 954wrecker

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I bought mine from AliExpress and the seller was extremely responsive , made sure that if I wanted to wait for the global rom or if they should send with the cn one, it was shipped dhl in 3 days!

And on at&t the signal strength in St Louis is outstanding. The best part (I upgraded from the og mimix) is that it switches back and forth from lte and 4g with no issues whatsoever.
What version and what price?

Hermio6599

Dec 12, 2018
If you read Chinese, the best way to buy is through jd.com directly. They ship globally with ~$15 shipping fee. The UPS package came 9 days after I ordered from them (I live in California). The prices are Chinese retail price which is much cheaper than other third-party resellers. If you don't have a UnionPay card, use Jd.com inside Wechat app which support visa and mastercard.
京东可以直邮美国,微信支付可以加visa卡。邮费99人民币,最便宜的买法,没有之一

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
I bought on on GearBest. It arrived today (shipped last Thursday, so 6 days with expedited HK DHL shipping). GearBest was showing no difference on band support between 6GB/128GB and the higher storage versions. I will be installing the Xioami EU build when I can unlock the bootloader. Does anyone know if you can fastboot oem unlock before the 72 hour lockout? I didn't try it as I don't want to brick my phone. I am on Verizon (LTE/CDMA) so I'm on a limb hoping this works well. I LOVE the design of this and the other Mix devices. I will probably be trying to install the Play Store tonight on my device.

Edit: I don't know how to get this thing into the debug mode where you can connect to QXDM with QPST to look at what bands are enabled. I am really hoping that the GearBest information was correct on band support, or if not, that the radio firmware in the Xiaomi.EU builds enables the other bands.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I bought on on GearBest. It arrived today (shipped last Thursday, so 6 days with expedited HK DHL shipping). GearBest was showing no difference on band support between 6GB/128GB and the higher storage versions. I will be installing the Xioami EU build when I can unlock the bootloader. Does anyone know if you can fastboot oem unlock before the 72 hour lockout? I didn't try it as I don't want to brick my phone. I am on Verizon (LTE/CDMA) so I'm on a limb hoping this works well. I LOVE the design of this and the other Mix devices. I will probably be trying to install the Play Store tonight on my device.

Edit: I don't know how to get this thing into the debug mode where you can connect to QXDM with QPST to look at what bands are enabled. I am really hoping that the GearBest information was correct on band support, or if not, that the radio firmware in the Xiaomi.EU builds enables the other bands.
I don't know if its true but the 256gb version seems to have more LTE support than what is listed for the 128gb versions.
https://www.frequencycheck.com/mode...l-sim-td-lte-256gb-xiaomi-perseus?c_id=883190
Try the playstore app LTE discovery and see what bands each sim card picks up. I use it on all my phones for years and it works great. I just purchased a 256gb for $550 off eBay a few minutes ago. I hope Verizon works but im fine with ATT and T-Mobile, I see no reason verizon wont work as my original mi mix gets verizon service even though it supports only a few of the lte bands.

Last edited:

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
Try the playstore app LTE discovery and see what bands each sim card picks up. I use it on all my phones for years and it works great. I just purchased a 256gb for $550 off eBay a few minutes ago. I hope Verizon works but im fine with ATT and T-Mobile, I see no reason verizon wont work as my original mi mix gets verizon service even though it supports only a few of the lte bands.

As soon as I got out of the office ****hole (it's 1/4 mile from a cell tower that is on top of the hospital I work at, but there's a hill in the way, and my office is down in the hill built into the side) the phone connected and had flawless connection. I was able to make calls all night while taking care of errands and had basically max bars LTE the entire time. There is an in-building repeater for Verizon at the office, but I couldn't get the phone to connect, so it must be on a band the phone doesn't support. I contacted GearBest and they are going to let me return this one for the 8/256 that has all the bands. They said their own testing shows that the 6/128 does NOT have 3 of the 4 CDMA bands for VZW and it's missing a couple LTE bands as well. I'm going to ship this back tomorrow (if they approve the RMA) and buy the 8/256 and have it shipped out.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
As soon as I got out of the office ****hole (it's 1/4 mile from a cell tower that is on top of the hospital I work at, but there's a hill in the way, and my office is down in the hill built into the side) the phone connected and had flawless connection. I was able to make calls all night while taking care of errands and had basically max bars LTE the entire time. There is an in-building repeater for Verizon, but I couldn't get the phone to connect. I contacted GearBest and they are going to let me return this one for the 8/256 that has all the bands. They said their own testing shows that the 6/128 does NOT have 3 of the 4 CDMA bands for VZW and it's missing a couple LTE bands as well. I'm going to ship this back tomorrow (if they approve the RMA) and buy the 8/256 and have it shipped out.
Good idea, I went with the 256 just for the added LTE bands more than the extra storage

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
I don't know if its true but the 256gb version seems to have more LTE support than what is listed for the 128gb versions.
https://www.frequencycheck.com/mode...l-sim-td-lte-256gb-xiaomi-perseus?c_id=883190

Would you mind sharing which seller you purchased it from? Can't seem to find it that cheap anywhere..

Cheers!

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Nexus 7
Motorola Droid X
128 gb 8gb ram black for 609 USD . I bought it before they strated dropping the price

Based on the Mi.com information, the only version with all the band support is the 8/256. I don't know if the EU rom has a new radio that fixes that, but I went ahead and just got the 8/256. My 6/128 was FLAWLESS outside the office. However, at the office it couldn't talk to the repeater, which was using one of the unsupported bands.

Last edited:

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Based on the Mi.com information, the only version with all the band support is the 8/256. I don't know if the EU rom has a new radio that fixes that, but I went ahead and just got the 8/256. Mine was FLAWLESS outside the office. However, at the office it couldn't talk to the repeater, which was using one of the unsupported bands.
I think you are right. This is the info off the official site.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1544826371280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1544826371280.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 322

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I get all the LTE bands Verizon offers in my area on my 8/256 version.
VoLTE works after entering *#*#86583#*#*

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-17-17-24-13-509_net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-17-17-24-13-509_net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Reactions: idkwhothatis123

Top Liked Posts