• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

USB Accelerometer on Joying radio

Search This thread

flash_xx

Jan 25, 2008
Santo Domingo
Hi,

Sorry, I had already posted this on another section but I think this one is more appropriate and can't delete other post.

I have a Joying JY-NL124 android car radio, which does not have an accelerometer. I bought the Yocto 3d V2 http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-position-sensors/yocto-3d-v2 to see if I could get it to work with torque and other android apps for the track but although android sees the device the apps do not. I am not a programmer, but is there a way to get the apps to recognize an external accelerometer like some do for an external GPS?

Reactions: sonof40

sinnedone

Apr 13, 2010
I was reading up on this again and this bit means someone with the know how would probably need to code something

The main advantage of this solution is that you don't need to install a driver to communicate with a Yoctopuce module, as the HID layer is always present. You only need to add our library, that we provide in source form, to your driving software for it to be able to directly talk to Yoctopuce modules.

Have you tried contacting them directly and asking if they can do this for you?

flash_xx

Jan 25, 2008
Santo Domingo
I was reading up on this again and this bit means someone with the know how would probably need to code something

Uff, sorry for the late reply. Life has a way of getting in the way of interesting projects. I'm about to restart this project since I'm using the car a lot on the track. It's weird that the units don't come witha compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, etc, considering they are meant to be used in moving vehicles.

Reactions: Redbullssg

sinnedone

Apr 13, 2010
Definitely post up if you figure it out.

It would be nice to get it to work with Android as a whole. If that's the case you might need to talk to one of the ROM developers to see if it's something they can do ROM wise or even a custom kernel.(the kernel bit might be a little harder)

MX5DrIver

May 27, 2017
Hi,

Sorry, I had already posted this on another section but I think this one is more appropriate and can't delete other post.

I have a Joying JY-NL124 android car radio, which does not have an accelerometer. I bought the Yocto 3d V2 http://www.yoctopuce.com/EN/products/usb-position-sensors/yocto-3d-v2 to see if I could get it to work with torque and other android apps for the track but although android sees the device the apps do not. I am not a programmer, but is there a way to get the apps to recognize an external accelerometer like some do for an external GPS?

I'm very interested to understand whether this is possible as I am thinking about a similar setup. You tried the three Bluetooth tips in the roll up thread?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...roll-joying-2gb-sofia-mtcb-mtcd-tips-t3555249

"Bluetooth Tethering & BT Settings", "Difficult to pair BT devices" and "Modified stock bluetooth app to allow connection to all devices"

Have you tried external GPS for higher refresh rates or is the Head Unit gps refresh good enough for the track?

Bob

MX5DrIver

May 27, 2017
I'm very interested to understand whether this is possible as I am thinking about a similar setup. You tried the three Bluetooth tips in the roll up thread?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...roll-joying-2gb-sofia-mtcb-mtcd-tips-t3555249

"Bluetooth Tethering & BT Settings", "Difficult to pair BT devices" and "Modified stock bluetooth app to allow connection to all devices"

Have you tried external GPS for higher refresh rates or is the Head Unit gps refresh good enough for the track?

Bob

Sorry....USB not Bluetooth... Also discouraging. I was hoping USB would be an alternative to BT for track add-ons...

roalja

Apr 2, 2016
I too have an Android head unit and do track days, and have the exact same interest as you. I use Harry's Lap Timer. I have the Pumpkin AE0273B head unit. It too lacks the compass and accelerometer. I too found this to be a very unfortunate omission.

I have developed apps actually so I do know Android program to some degree (although I am sortof a hack, not a pro). I have apps on the Play Store (since I can't post links just search Play Store for developer JimRoal). I saw the Yocto stuff. When I get some time I will look into this some more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Uff, sorry for the late reply. Life has a way of getting in the way of interesting projects. I'm about to restart this project since I'm using the car a lot on the track. It's weird that the units don't come witha compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, etc, considering they are meant to be used in moving vehicles.
    Also interested. But on a newer 10.0 unit. Something I am going to look into.
    Also interested. But on a newer 10.0 unit. Something I am going to look into.

Sad that over 4 years after I first posted this we still don't have a unit with these features. I finally gave up and bought an AIM Solo 2 DL.

I'm looking for a newer radio though, since mine is older than this thread :p
    Looking forward for solution, we have also WIMOTION sensors in the market with sample android apk but I'm not a developser so, put things together is hard for me !