Usb Brick Fix For Stock Rom User

Search This thread

Exiled_SouL

Apr 3, 2011
As My desire is amoled and unbranded i don't know for sure if this tut gonna help Slcd/Branded desire user if some one with slcd or branded desire fix there brick by follow this tut please leave a comment Here.

*To work this Hole Thing Out You need to setup Adb and fastboot in your pc,if you don't know how to do it follow this nice Guide.
http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/337356-faq-adb-fastboot-windows-updated-1st-june-2011-a.html

Last few days i saw lots of people having usb brick problem even after they flashed the Ruu.exe or PB99IMG.zip update via hboot that because misc.img is corrupted and they stuck on stock rom without any usb function.Few Days ago i was in the same situation and solved my problem thought i should share this Information with people who need help.

Note-If you usb bricked on s-off device then try this fastboot command to solve this

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0(unblock your sd-card)
fastboot oem eraseconfig(fix misc partition)

if above command don't work then you have to flash a ruu.exe or PB99IMG.zip file via hboot to return to stock
rom usally that fix the usb brick but some time that trick also fails,if that happen then you have to go through the process below.

If your device is branded then create a goldcard and flash a unbranded PB99IMG.ZIP cause maybe this not gonna work on branded device.

I solve my usb brick this way

after return to stock rom via PB99IMG.zip file flash via hboot(didn't fix my usb brick so i had to do the steps below)

1.i unlocked my sd card via fastboot command"fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" sd card recognized by phone and i can browse it via file explorer.
note-you can access your sdcard only via file explorer nothing else so after execute the command download a file explorer from android market.

2.then i copied the visionary+(it gave me temporary root access which is needed to work this whole thing out).
root explorer,terminal emulator apk and those usb bricked update file(image_flash,mtd0.img) to sdcard from pc via card reader and installed them.

before copy those update file on sd card i edited the mtd0.img to put correct cid n rom info via hex editor.

To find cid info
If you don't know your Cid then type this command in fastboot-fastboot oem boot this will show you info about your phone cid.when the info shows up look for‘INFOCID HTC___xxx'

To find The Rom version-Go to Settings>About phone>Software Information and note your Software Number.

3.after that i copied those update file in phone memory to copy file in phone memory you have to set permission for r/w.When open root explorer look at the top left corner you will see mount as r/o mount r/w tap on mount r/w that's it you set permission to read/write on your phone memory and copy the file in
/data/data/ folder and set permission for r/w and execute for those file via root explorer.

4.after that i simply typed this command in terminal emulator
"su
/data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img"

Rebooted my phone and voila usb brick is gone htc sync,usb tethering,sd card mount,charge everything is working and now i am rooted and s-off again :)

Note-you don't need the rageagainstthecage file which only need if you try to get root access via terminal emulator which is lengthy n complicated but with visionary+ you can get root access with 1 click and it's much easier than typing command in T.E.

If above information helps you to fix Your usb brick Please Leave a comment Here and you can also hit the Thanks button ;)

Last edited:

Exiled_SouL

Apr 3, 2011
I know. but how exactly?

when you open the mtd0 file with hex editor look for

"HTC_1xx"-your cid

"ClearAutoImage .x.xx.405.x"-your rom value

and edit those according to your cid and rom value information.

i updated the thread with some more useful info so recheck the 1st post.

Last edited:

kebhoganteng

Jun 11, 2010
Hi, thank you very much for responding my thread, and thank's to you my desire is back to normal..., I have one question, Is it safe to use permanent root using Visionary+ ?

thank's :)

Marc.

Dec 10, 2010
I read it, but a few questions...
( My phone is S-ON )
1. I'm not on a stock rom, but on Insertcoin
2. I can already acces my SD card, so can I skip the first step? Done that yesterday already.
3. Can I use the mtd0.img generator? If yes I have already the file.
4. With step 3, which files must be in /data/data?
5. With step 2, I have super user, so can I use that instead of the root acces thing?

Quote from the other topic, maybe you read it here faster.

Edit, just tried it. I generated my mtd0.img out of another topic. Read a lot, and it works perfect again!! Thanks!! You saved my phone!

Last edited:

kebhoganteng

Jun 11, 2010
Glad that it worked out for you :) about V+ root,TBH i don't know but my opinion is it's safer to use unrevocked for root. :)

Hi, again

I have a new problem after fixing the USB Brick. I can't root my desire using Unrevoked 3, it was always failed on process uninstalling unrevoked3 system and showed :

Validation error : Backup CID is Missing

do you have any idea for this problem?

thx for your respond

Exiled_SouL

Apr 3, 2011
That same error showed up when i tried to root after usb brick but in my app drawer the super user icon showed that means it worked somehow even after the error,so check your app drawer and recovery if you see the su icon and cwm recovery then it worked don't worry about the error :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As My desire is amoled and unbranded i don't know for sure if this tut gonna help Slcd/Branded desire user if some one with slcd or branded desire fix there brick by follow this tut please leave a comment Here.

*To work this Hole Thing Out You need to setup Adb and fastboot in your pc,if you don't know how to do it follow this nice Guide.
    http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/337356-faq-adb-fastboot-windows-updated-1st-june-2011-a.html

Last few days i saw lots of people having usb brick problem even after they flashed the Ruu.exe or PB99IMG.zip update via hboot that because misc.img is corrupted and they stuck on stock rom without any usb function.Few Days ago i was in the same situation and solved my problem thought i should share this Information with people who need help.

Note-If you usb bricked on s-off device then try this fastboot command to solve this

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0(unblock your sd-card)
    fastboot oem eraseconfig(fix misc partition)

if above command don't work then you have to flash a ruu.exe or PB99IMG.zip file via hboot to return to stock
    rom usally that fix the usb brick but some time that trick also fails,if that happen then you have to go through the process below.

If your device is branded then create a goldcard and flash a unbranded PB99IMG.ZIP cause maybe this not gonna work on branded device.

I solve my usb brick this way

after return to stock rom via PB99IMG.zip file flash via hboot(didn't fix my usb brick so i had to do the steps below)

1.i unlocked my sd card via fastboot command"fastboot oem enableqxdm 0" sd card recognized by phone and i can browse it via file explorer.
    note-you can access your sdcard only via file explorer nothing else so after execute the command download a file explorer from android market.

2.then i copied the visionary+(it gave me temporary root access which is needed to work this whole thing out).
    root explorer,terminal emulator apk and those usb bricked update file(image_flash,mtd0.img) to sdcard from pc via card reader and installed them.

before copy those update file on sd card i edited the mtd0.img to put correct cid n rom info via hex editor.

To find cid info
    If you don't know your Cid then type this command in fastboot-fastboot oem boot this will show you info about your phone cid.when the info shows up look for‘INFOCID HTC___xxx'

To find The Rom version-Go to Settings>About phone>Software Information and note your Software Number.

3.after that i copied those update file in phone memory to copy file in phone memory you have to set permission for r/w.When open root explorer look at the top left corner you will see mount as r/o mount r/w tap on mount r/w that's it you set permission to read/write on your phone memory and copy the file in
    /data/data/ folder and set permission for r/w and execute for those file via root explorer.

4.after that i simply typed this command in terminal emulator
    "su
    /data/data/flash_image misc /data/data/mtd0.img"

Rebooted my phone and voila usb brick is gone htc sync,usb tethering,sd card mount,charge everything is working and now i am rooted and s-off again :)

Note-you don't need the rageagainstthecage file which only need if you try to get root access via terminal emulator which is lengthy n complicated but with visionary+ you can get root access with 1 click and it's much easier than typing command in T.E.

If above information helps you to fix Your usb brick Please Leave a comment Here and you can also hit the Thanks button ;)
    you welcome,if it work out please leave a reply here :)

Yes, I fixed it!!! Thx man.
    Hi, thank you very much for responding my thread, and thank's to you my desire is back to normal..., I have one question, Is it safe to use permanent root using Visionary+ ?

thank's :)

Glad that it worked out for you :) about V+ root,TBH i don't know but my opinion is it's safer to use unrevocked for root. :)