• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

USB-C headphone issues

Search This thread

mikevipe

Nov 26, 2011
Hello,

I am using the unlocked SM-N975U1 from Samsung. I have applied the latest patch and have also applied the three USB-C headphone firmware upgrades I have been prompted with.

I am having a problem where if I am in a call in the Phone app, Google voice, Viber, Whatsapp and Skype I can not just plug in the headphones and switch to them. The sound continues to go through the speakerphone. The only way to get it to switch to the headphones is to end the call, force close the app and reopen it. It seems like if the app is not started after the headphones are plugged in it does not recognize them being hot swapped in.

Has anyone else having this issue been able to resolve it? It is happening on both my Black 512GB and my Black 256GB Unlocked models.

Foxhunter123

Jan 21, 2008
Not quite the same problem I have, but still I also have issues with my USB-C headphones on my 512 GB Note 10+...

My problem is - and I'm quite sure it came after an update... - that when connected the sound goes up and down and up and down - without I'm touching anything....?

I only have that one set of USB-C headphone so I cannot test with another. And my phone charges very well so nothing wrong with the USB-C on my phone.... (is the a way to test either phone or headphones?)

rmaldonado77

May 1, 2008
San Juan
It happened to me as well. After the update, it paused playback on MX Player Pro by itself a couple of times while trying to watch a movie. Never happened before the firmware update.

Model Number: SM-N975U
Build Number: N975USQU1ASHB
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Headphones: OEM Type-C