USB-C to 3.5mm Audio?

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
Has anyone used some type of USB-C->3.5mm adapter to route audio out with any luck? I'm looking to use my current my wired headphones and my car stereo aux port. I know old lol. My wireless BeatsX suck, they dont get loud at all. The wired Beats I got 6 years ago blows these POS of earbuds out of the water. Looking for any suggestions on an adapter and any special config required in android. Currently running rooted stock. Thanks.

UPDATE - I found a great adapter that works with my car aux port with no problems. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BTVQ8YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Great quality, good price... $9.99

Last edited:

Mr.Nice.ba

Jul 5, 2010
Sarajevo
Currently I am using adapter from Xiaomi MiA2, works perfectly with aux in my car and wired JBL headphones. This adapter looks and feels cheap but works really well. I think every adapter should work, just buy generic one :)

Sent from my OnePlus 7T using Tapatalk

Reactions: bynarie

Spoonoid

Oct 13, 2014
Just so you know more: every adapter should work indeed.
But these adapters contain DAC (digital to analogic converter), in order to receive sound through USB and sending it through good old analogic 3.5mm. The quality of these DAC can really have a difference in sound quality. Not on standard car environment, sure, but for someone with good earphones it is worthwhile to search for a little quality for these adapters.

improvius

Nov 21, 2013
Just so you know more: every adapter should work indeed.
But these adapters contain DAC (digital to analogic converter), in order to receive sound through USB and sending it through good old analogic 3.5mm. The quality of these DAC can really have a difference in sound quality. Not on standard car environment, sure, but for someone with good earphones it is worthwhile to search for a little quality for these adapters.
The OEM adapter does not have a DAC. It doesn't need one because it's correctly wired to work with the USB audio out on the OnePlus devices. So if you use this one, you're actually using the DAC in the phone itself.

PriPhaze

Oct 3, 2014
I've got the Apple one (the only apple product own!)

According to head-fi (an audiphoile forum) it's one of the best that doesn;t cost a fortune.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb-c-to-3-5mm-adapters-dac-lets-find-the-best.908839/
Actually it sucks (at least for the OnePlus 7T), I got one too and I regret, the sound volume is really bad with the apple adapter because it wasn't made for Android phones at all of course.

I went to a miniso store and got one adapter there and is 5x times better than the Apple one, and cost 3x less. xd

andre.vmatos

Feb 11, 2017
Any splitter for simultaneous 3.5mm & charging which supports fast charging?
I've seen some videos on YouTube, but doesn't seem like supporting fast charging. We've real USB3.1, there should be something out there.

niyonsv

Apr 17, 2013
I'll receive an Audio Technica headphone this week. Could someone please tell which adapter will work best for our 7t?

zerozero700

Nov 3, 2010
Any splitter for simultaneous 3.5mm & charging which supports fast charging?
I've seen some videos on YouTube, but doesn't seem like supporting fast charging. We've real USB3.1, there should be something out there.
I tried one (from Ali Express). It is unusable while charging as I started hearing motor sound after one minute of usage. Unplug and plug that back in, again same issue in a minute. None of such adapters support fast charging as far as I know.

niyonsv

Apr 17, 2013
Will it make any difference if I go for Samsung's adapter instead of OnePlus's? (other than price

Last edited: