Question USB-C to HDMI not working

Search This thread

Raz808

Jul 19, 2021
Anyone having issues with the video output from the Asus Rog phone 5 via USB-C cable? It was working fine when I first got the phone. I've been using it to stream on my youtube channel. A few weeks ago it stopped working. I'm not sure if it got updated but I was previously on the WW18.0830.211.75 Firmware and I just updated it to the WW18.0840.2106.86. It still doesn't work. I know it's not a cable issue as it was working before and if I use a different Android phone it works fine. I did a full reset and my USB-C cable to HDMI was connected to the TV and I did see the ROG Logo appear for a few seconds on the TV display and after that nothing again. Any help would be appreciated. Also if anyone has the original 18.0810 firmware I would like to try that. The links on this site are dead. Thanks in Advance!

You can find your firmware there. The raw firmware is a base firmware. The updated versions to it are still base firmware. Getting the oldest one typically isn't a good idea unless you have tried a newer one and had an issue you are sure was the raw firmware.

You may want to check what settings are enabled in developer options. I believe they have changed in the last few updates, but there is a section related to freeform windows and mirroring that may help with HDMI output.

Last edited:

Raz808

Jul 19, 2021
I was able to reload the original firmware WW_ZS673KS_18.0810.2101.95 and still no USB-C to HDMI output. Not sure if anything could be wrong with the USB-C port for the video but I am able to do a data connection to my computer. I may just claim for a warranty exchange.

Raz808

Jul 19, 2021
mind linking a picture of the adapter in question?

And I did try 2nd one

amoralvz_

May 13, 2022

And I did try 2nd one
Hi!
Same issue :(.
Did you find any solution? :(