• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

USB-c to HDMI Out

Search This thread

TeamRainless

Jun 19, 2011
I was under the impression that any phone using Snapdragon that has a USB 3.1 port should be able to support HDMI/DisplayPort. That's why I bought the 4a. Imagine my chagrin when I found out it doesn't work. After doing some digging around... it seems that this might be disabled at the Kernel level. Seeing as writing new kernels is kind of what people do here... I'm wondering if anyone here has sorted this out and enable the functionality? Or... failing that... if anyone is up to the challenge?

Reactions: Stylinstud42

TeamRainless

Jun 19, 2011
It's been attempted (not for the Pixel 4a, but for the 4) but nobody has been successful.

I see (I think you were also in the thread that I looked up on reddit...)

Did the 4 have USB 3.1? Also... Can you point me towards some of the attempts? I'm a problem-specific programmer and I may be able to figure something out...

MultiKoopa

Feb 22, 2011
Would love to be able to do this on my Pixel 4a 5G

really ****ty of Google to disable this feature just to try to sell Chromecasts.

Reactions: dyray

JohnC

May 5, 2007
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 4a
I wonder why this vendor states this HDMI output product specifically works with the Pixel 4a?

MultiKoopa

Feb 22, 2011
I wonder why this vendor states this HDMI output product specifically works with the Pixel 4a?

cause they're lying lol

Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts