Question USB cable fast charge

Search This thread

SloPoke23

Jan 13, 2019
Does this Baseus GaN2 Pro support SUPERfast charging? Because I heard that superfast charging is different from fast charging.
PPS is specifically mentioned in the specs, so I would say yes. It's on par with the 100W BASEUS charger, and my S22U shows "Super Fast Charging 2.0" when plugged in to it.

jasin91

Apr 12, 2013
The reality is a 100% fully supported charging brick and cable will only get you a < 10 min decrease in charging from 0 - 100%. With most of the speed gains in the 0 - 50% time being reduce by like 6 minutes and then being pretty much negligible after, as the phone throttles to protect the battery from overheating.

To get everything you probably would need to go with the Baseus.

and

or get the most purchesd (implying some reliability) 100w PD 3.0 charger and use the cables you have and get 90% the same results with Superfast Charge vs Superfast Charge 2.0
The first link does not work. So I should buy a Baseus 100W charger? And not from other brands?

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
Maybe it's a local server or something but the link works for me. Baseus seems to be one that makes all the claims of PD, PPS, QC 4.0, 5A / 20V, etc. with a lot of confirmed purchases.

But like I said don't expect it to charge in half the time the $15 25w superfast charger with the included cable does.

Last edited:

jasin91

Apr 12, 2013
I finally bought a Baseus GaN3 Superfast charger. But the problem is that when I connect it to my Samsung S22 Ultra, sometimes it says "charging" , sometimes "Superfast charging" and sometimes "Superfast charging 2.0" !!! So I wonder if that's a problem and should I get it replaced?

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
I finally bought a Baseus GaN3 Superfast charger. But the problem is that when I connect it to my Samsung S22 Ultra, sometimes it says "charging" , sometimes "Superfast charging" and sometimes "Superfast charging 2.0" !!! So I wonder if that's a problem and should I get it replaced?

Been in this situation with no less than 5 different chargers. I've found that exchanging them for another one always got the same result.

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
I don't mean change it with another brand or model, I mean replacing it with a new one. Is it a faulty device or its normal?
That's what I meant to say. I've found that if they are flaky on establishing a standard to charge with the initial handshake, it will be consistent across that same make/model no matter how many you try. Sure, you will get the odd one that's defective but not across the ones I've purchased.

You can always contact the manufacturers support team and ask specifically if their charger supports PD 3.0 with PPS for the Samsung s22 ultra which allows Super Fast charging 2.0 (45 watt charging).

Hurricane Andrew

May 25, 2009
Magnolia, DE

bat0nas

Feb 23, 2009
Vilnius
Those two items I bought from Ali a while ago supercharges my s22u.
Don't have a brick yet. No need. I slow charge it overnight.

Screenshot 2022-06-25 083721.png