• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

USB host mode for GT3 7.0 sm t210

Search This thread

gagan313

Jan 24, 2012
Birmingham
I dont think so.
Extract the zip in the system/etc/permissions and install usb host check app, after opening that app click on fix and reboot.now try attaching usb device.
Link-db.tt/KKtBaLyN

Sent from my SM-T211 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

we can get help here -
link-draisberghof.de/usb_modeswitch

Hey, so does this actually work..what you said if I extract and open app and fix and reboot? can you tell me the app exactly?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I dont think so.
Extract the zip in the system/etc/permissions and install usb host check app, after opening that app click on fix and reboot.now try attaching usb device.
Link-db.tt/KKtBaLyN

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

we can get help here -

iM GETTIng two erros and i cant fix it.....handeled_core_hardware.xml parse error ans same with tablet_core_hardware.xml

gagan313

Jan 24, 2012
Birmingham
I dont think so.
Link-db.tt/KKtBaLyN

we can get help here -

Can you confirm it working for you?:crying:

Last edited:

gagan313

Jan 24, 2012
Birmingham
Can anyone confirm this is working for them? Rajkiran? Can you tell me what rom you were using when you got this working for you? were you on stock rom....I was using rockettab's rom with blackhawk kernal.......I get 2 errorson that app and one tick for the first one

tuncell

Aug 20, 2013
Hi dears
I have rooted my T210 a few months ago with dreaming otg ability. I tried lots of apps on my tab. i also solved otg problem of my s3 mini while working with tab 3. but t210 didnt succeed.Now when i plug in usb cable from pc, it says connected as installer as you can see in the image. but it doesnt work when i connect any flash, mouse or keyboard. The most important thing: when i choose connect as media device(MTP) or camera(PTP), my tablet restarts. also when i try uncheck developer options -> usb debugging, it restarts. LAstly i couldnt get the update, it downloaded the files, but when i try to install, it fails after restart. it says "couldnt install, try again"

Please help me..
i want to connect my tab to my pc, so i need to solve usb mode problem.

tuncell

Aug 20, 2013
I must add that, i cant connect my tab to pc, but i installed a file its name must be sth like kernel with odin. Odin is still working without any problem i think. Thanks in advance

Skupidon

Mar 20, 2012
Hi everybody,

I've asked to Samsung and apparently, it's impossible to plug USB key to the Galaxy Tab 3 - 7" because of hardware limitation.

Bye

emilkawa

Aug 24, 2010
Hi all, what can you tell me about this:

Code:
Changelog 1.6 (12/9/2013):

Cleancache disabled
    Kernel with USB host support in separated package
    Kernel compiled using Linaro gcc in separated package
    Untested!

Changelog 1.5 (11/9/2013):

Revert Samsung OSRC SM-T210L kernel update
    Remove PN547 NFC support, android_vibrator and timed_gpio
    Enable USB host and mass storage support, a lot of USB HID drivers (keyboard, mouse, etc), PS3 and Xbox controller, and USB GSM dongle
this is from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2439564
I writed into my tab 3 t211 blackhawk-kernel-1.8.1-t211.zip but still my tablet doesn't see any usb device.
Maybe the author of kernel can write how to run usb hosting.
Emilkawa

Bob of QF

Nov 15, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Hi dears
I have rooted my T210 a few months ago with dreaming otg ability. I tried lots of apps on my tab. i also solved otg problem of my s3 mini while working with tab 3. but t210 didnt succeed.Now when i plug in usb cable from pc, it says connected as installer as you can see in the image. but it doesnt work when i connect any flash, mouse or keyboard. The most important thing: when i choose connect as media device(MTP) or camera(PTP), my tablet restarts. also when i try uncheck developer options -> usb debugging, it restarts. LAstly i couldnt get the update, it downloaded the files, but when i try to install, it fails after restart. it says "couldnt install, try again"

Please help me..
i want to connect my tab to my pc, so i need to solve usb mode problem.

I have this same problem-- I tried one of those Google Play apps that supposedly enabled mass storage mode. Alas, it did nothing of the sort-- whenever I connect USB to my PC, the tab says "USB installer mode" but won't communicate to the PC at all.

And like you, whenever I try to check MTP or PTP, the tab locks up, then reboots. Same for trying to un-check debugging mode-- brief lockup (stuttering sound) then auto-reboot.

I tried using the flawed app to undo what it did-- but it locks up even worse, requiring a manual reboot (long hold on power key).

My next step is to backup all my installed apps (mainly for reference) and do a wipe.... meh.

I did try using the XDA member app, "SG USB Mass Storage Enabler" but it informs me my device lacks some sort of file, and won't work-- the app is too nice, and won't let me try anyway. So I uninstalled it as useless for my device.

I'm now looking for a fix, while Titanium backs up everything....

tuncell

Aug 20, 2013
Dears i have still the same problem, and i must solve in a few days, does anyone have any idea about this problem? Can you please help me?

Top Liked Posts