USB Hub with Power Delivery

Search This thread
Jul 1, 2012
This works great:
http://www.amazon.de/Anker-SuperSpe...pezifikation-Aluminiumlegierung/dp/B018XF4KRC

I attached a USB->Ethernet Adapter to the Hub. The Pixel is charging with ~10W through the HUB. When connected direct to the power supply, it charges with ~16W.

DSC_1101.JPG

DSC_1102.JPG

I plan to build a wall mount docking station with these components, so the pixel gets charged, while it is connected to the wired network.

DSC_1104.JPG

DSC_1110.JPG

Last edited:

scoobydu

May 16, 2005
Thanks for the info.

I have purchsed the version from the UK Amazon store and it is being delivered today.

Its not cheap at £40 but Anker are usually decent quality, so am hoping it is worth it.

Edit: Decided to send it back as it charged but hdmi doesn't work, nor audio out via hdmi, so likely paying over the odds for that, when I can't use it.

Last edited:

rmagruder

Aug 5, 2009
I am trying to find a powered hub which will a) charge the Pixel C, b) supply enough power to work with a standard USB Mouse/Keyboard c) supply power to a Lexicon Alpha recording Mixer (which expects to be powered externally via USB). The one above looks promising, but only indicates it's charging the Pixel C. What happens if you plug in legacy devices into USB? Do they get any power? Do they even work?
Do you have to reboot the Pixel C for it to recognize them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Master Mace

Sep 17, 2007
@hagbardceline23: What kind of a USB->Ethernet device are you using? I've got one from my old Transformer, but it doesn't seem to work. With my Transformer I'd get an extra menu option in the ' Connections' section, don't see this with the Pixel

DT39

Nov 8, 2005
East Midlands
I've just got the Anker usb c hub as well in the UK seems to work fine. Pass though charge and tried a few USB sticks and worked in es explorer can't find my USB net adapter so haven't tried that yet but it's a plugables on I think and it work on Nexus 9 all stock on both, just shame can't get exfat without routing.

51BpBZ5b7VL.jpg

rmagruder

Aug 5, 2009
Can you test a USB keyboard and mouse and see if it works? I also keep hoping someone will have a USB device that needs a little bit of USB power to run (such as the Lexicon Alpha mixer), to see if it will get power.

Jul 1, 2012
I am trying to find a powered hub which will a) charge the Pixel C, b) supply enough power to work with a standard USB Mouse/Keyboard c) supply power to a Lexicon Alpha recording Mixer (which expects to be powered externally via USB). The one above looks promising, but only indicates it's charging the Pixel C. What happens if you plug in legacy devices into USB? Do they get any power? Do they even work?
Do you have to reboot the Pixel C for it to recognize them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Charging and supplying a Mouse/Keyboard or Ethernetadapter works great.

Jul 1, 2012
@hagbardceline23: What kind of a USB->Ethernet device are you using? I've got one from my old Transformer, but it doesn't seem to work. With my Transformer I'd get an extra menu option in the ' Connections' section, don't see this with the Pixel

I use a Lenovo USB->Ethernet Adapter.
DSC_1153.JPG
[QRCODE][/QRCODE]If you use a DHCP on your network it should work. You wont get a menu for the adapter on the pixel.

Master Mace

Sep 17, 2007
Got it working now. Also bought the Anker USB C hub. The ethernet adapter I've had works perfectly, but for looks-sake, I've bought the Anker USB-c => Ethernet adapter. This one works too, but unfortunately, after the screen goes to sleep, it won't connect again when screen is awaken again.... I'll give Anker a nudge....

Boal

Apr 22, 2010
Munich
Just checking: are you guys all happy with the hub? I'm asking because I'm looking for one myself, and my first purchase (the HooToo HT-UC001) doesn't deliver power to the Pixel C (or not enough to actually charge it, can't really tell), If this one does charge the Pixel C and allow connecting devices, then I might just get one myself.

PS: Anyone tried using an SD card adapter with it?

edit: So, I bought the Anker as well and as it turns out, both do charge the Pixel, it just takes some time to kick in. The HooToo is much faster, though, so I kept it and returned the Anker.

Last edited:

farsiray

Feb 18, 2017
Just checking: are you guys all happy with the hub? I'm asking because I'm looking for one myself, and my first purchase (the HooToo HT-UC001) doesn't deliver power to the Pixel C (or not enough to actually charge it, can't really tell), If this one does charge the Pixel C and allow connecting devices, then I might just get one myself.

PS: Anyone tried using an SD card adapter with it?

edit: So, I bought the Anker as well and as it turns out, both do charge the Pixel, it just takes some time to kick in. The HooToo is much faster, though, so I kept it and returned the Anker.

Can you please confirm the HooToo HT-UC001 does charger your Pixel C?
(because in your post you mention it doesn't, but in your 'edit' mentioned it's faster... i got a little confused here)

Boal

Apr 22, 2010
Munich
Can you please confirm the HooToo HT-UC001 does charger your Pixel C?
(because in your post you mention it doesn't, but in your 'edit' mentioned it's faster... i got a little confused here)

The HooToo charges the Pixel C a bit slower than its charger does directly. The Anker is much slower, but it can also charge it.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone