USB Mount via. Clockworkmod

Search This thread

gokuman56

Mar 19, 2010
N/A
Hello,
I managed to soft-brick my nexus 4 and want to reinstall a ROM, but I wiped the internal memory and there are no files on the Nexus 4. I cannot go anywhere but recovery and I have clockworkmod installed. Where do I go so I can copy and paste the ROM file on my Nexus 4?

Thanks

starscream92

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
Hello,
I managed to soft-brick my nexus 4 and want to reinstall a ROM, but I wiped the internal memory and there are no files on the Nexus 4. I cannot go anywhere but recovery and I have clockworkmod installed. Where do I go so I can copy and paste the ROM file on my Nexus 4?

Thanks
Try using TWRP, and use ADB to push your flashable ROM zip into your /sdcard directory. You can then use the recovery to flash it onto your phone.

The command to push files from your local desktop to your Nexus 4's internal memory is:
Code:
$ adb push flashable-rom-zip.zip /sdcard

You can try doing the same thing with CWM, but in my experience it doesn't work that well. With TWRP, on the other hand, ADB push commands work flawlessly.

Last edited:

JDDurrant

Jul 4, 2012
jackdurrant.com
Hello,

Thanks

If I had that problem, I would probably flash back to stock Android. Google (finally) put the Nexus 4 factory images back online. I can't post links here just yet, but a quick Google search for "nexus factory images" should get you there.

Just run:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
And then run flash-all for your OS.

It's easier if all those files are in the folder with fastboot and adb from the Android SDK. I'm trying to clear up confusion between the codenamed "mako" and "occam", both linked with the Nexus 4. I think "mako" is the hardware and "occam" is the software, but if they are actually two slightly different phones, and you make your problem worse, I can't take responsibility.