USB-OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.

Search This thread

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Hi all! I would like to buy a USB OTG(on the go) cable for my mobile. I tried with the OTG Cables available in stores. But they ain't working. I found out that our mobile do not support OTG. The male part of cable has one pin extra compared to the original USB cable. So I just wanted to know if we could but it online or from the store. And yes, I live in India ; Mumbai. I had an idea of buying a female to female cable and connecting one side to USB and other with USB cable to phone. Thanks in advance. :thumbup::thumbup:

<<<[email protected]! [email protected]>>> - Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with CyanogenMod 10.1 and CWM Recovery. Posted by - Tapatalk 4 from my mobile.

Reactions: seagate_aw

cardozclive

Nov 30, 2010
Mumbai
Hi all! I would like to buy a USB OTG(on the go) cable for my mobile. I tried with the OTG Cables available in stores. But they ain't working. I found out that our mobile do not support OTG. The male part of cable has one pin extra compared to the original USB cable. So I just wanted to know if we could but it online or from the store. And yes, I live in India ; Mumbai. I had an idea of buying a female to female cable and connecting one side to USB and other with USB cable to phone. Thanks in advance. :thumbup::thumbup:

- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with CyanogenMod 10.1 and CWM Recovery. Posted by - Tapatalk 4 from my mobile.

Galaxy grand's kernel doesnt supports OTG host coz of which we wont we able to use the OTG cable with our phone.

Hit thanks if you think I helped you.
Sent from LG Nexus 4

cardozclive

Nov 30, 2010
Mumbai
Thanks but I'm using a custom kernel! Should I buy a USB HUB and connect it?

<<<[email protected]! [email protected]>>> - Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with CyanogenMod 10.1 and CWM Recovery. Posted by - Tapatalk 4 from my mobile.

Dont waste ur money. Wait till some dev implements OTG HOST support. Till IMO buying a usb otg is waste. I own one and I use it on my galaxy nexus but it doesnt works on our grand

Sent from LG Nexus 4

Reactions: DayWalker

rahulsheoran007

May 8, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
hardware info

YA TRUE THAT!!! I checked my friends S2 and my grands usb port. theres an extra pin in the usb port of our grand which is not doing good with OTG! I think Grand wont support OTG. If some hardwate dev come up with a way to removin that f***in pin, we will be sorted out!! :( :(

hi there if u are asking about hardware then thing is i found a link How to: Make your own USB OTG cable for an Android smartphone
so its not much different pin diagram is there.grand may be able to support OTG if dev try then it will help everyone

Attachments

• difference_circuit_271738111300_640x360.jpg
    difference_circuit_271738111300_640x360.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,563

deepak.arora

Nov 1, 2014
hi there if u are asking about hardware then thing is i found a link How to: Make your own USB OTG cable for an Android smartphone
so its not much different pin diagram is there.grand may be able to support OTG if dev try then it will help everyone

i read the same article, the article explained how to use your old charger cable as otg cable or manually creating an otg cable at home.

i checked and verified by opening my own otg cable and found the same circuit as the circuit shown in that image.

i was wondering if the phone is not sending any power to the cable/pen drive.

deepak.arora

Nov 1, 2014

Hi,

have you tried such kind of cable connecting your charger with it ?

if yes, Please let us know which kernel/rom are you using. :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 561

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Hi,

have you tried such kind of cable connecting your charger with it ?

if yes, Please let us know which kernel/rom are you using. :)

Bro it's been a year to this post... I don't have my grand now.. It fell in the washing machine :p its funny... But sad :( this happened somewhat in May... I have a Samsung Galaxy star pro now and have started development for that phone.. As for otg...it won't work... See my second or third post in this thread about the pins.. :p

deepak.arora

Nov 1, 2014
Bro it's been a year to this post... I don't have my grand now.. It fell in the washing machine :p its funny... But sad :( this happened somewhat in May... I have a Samsung Galaxy star pro now and have started development for that phone.. As for otg...it won't work... See my second or third post in this thread about the pins.. :p

dude, i guess you are taking about this article tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/how-to-make-your-own-usb-otg-cable-for-an-android-smartphone-29503.html

i read this complete article and checked my own otg, i found it as shown in the image/article mentioned by you.

i believe if one want to short the pins, it can be done at phone's external plug end.

Please help me to start with the otg development.

i will be thankful to you :)

as it is a kernel's thing as per my research till now.
and i am sorry about your grand may its soul rest in peace.:crying:

Attachments

• 20141115_002329.jpg
    20141115_002329.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 20141115_002749.jpg
    20141115_002749.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 1,229

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos with CyanogenMod 10.1 and CWM Recovery. Posted by - Tapatalk 4 from my mobile.

Galaxy grand's kernel doesnt supports OTG host coz of which we wont we able to use the OTG cable with our phone.

Sent from LG Nexus 4

Thanks but I'm using a custom kernel! Should I buy a USB HUB and connect it?

Dont waste ur money. Wait till some dev implements OTG HOST support. Till IMO buying a usb otg is waste. I own one and I use it on my galaxy nexus but it doesnt works on our grand

Sent from LG Nexus 4
    Maybe the hardware itself not supporting USB host....
    Maybe the hardware itself not supporting USB host....

YA TRUE THAT!!! I checked my friends S2 and my grands usb port. theres an extra pin in the usb port of our grand which is not doing good with OTG! I think Grand wont support OTG. If some hardwate dev come up with a way to removin that f***in pin, we will be sorted out!! :( :(