USB OTG/ Host Cable problems

Search This thread

b_ongzhenyu

Jul 29, 2011
Singapore
Hello, I have a Galaxy S2, I just bought my USB OTG/Host cable. The funny thing is I can only connect mouse and I can use it. But when I use other USB devices like flash drives, I only get the light signal. I am unable to read or write to the flash drive. Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9100

G

GuestK0075

I have the same problem. I'm currently on Ressurection Remix v2.5.2.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

athulp

May 26, 2010
I cannot use my mouse its showing hi power usb device connected..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

KubaCZ912

Jul 10, 2012
Maybe it needs external power supply? SGS2 is not really designed to power all devices from it's usb port.. but:

I've got working flash drives with fat32, keyboards and mice with Omega ICS + Syiah kernel.

Also, if you want to get NTFS flash drives working, download NTFS mounter from market.

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
My USB drives work well. I believe you need an app to mount the drives. Just search"otg mount" in GPlay. I'm using Chainfire's mounter personally.
I'm using the latest Siyah kernel with CM9(worked on Slim, Paranoid and Root Box too).

For some reason I just can't connect my mouse(wired) to my phone.

Sent from my Volvo

G

GuestK0075

My USB drives work well. I believe you need an app to mount the drives. Just search"otg mount" in GPlay. I'm using Chainfire's mounter personally.
I'm using the latest Siyah kernel with CM9(worked on Slim, Paranoid and Root Box too).

For some reason I just can't connect my mouse(wired) to my phone.

Sent from my Volvo

I downloaded app called ntfs mounter and the flash drives work pefectly now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

jaydvn

Jul 4, 2011
I'm using stock 4.0.4 LPM ROM, bought an USB OTG and every thing work perfectly, USB masstorange, mouse, keyboard, wireless mouse and keyboard... I think U should try another ROM, I recommend stock.

b_ongzhenyu

Jul 29, 2011
Singapore
I bought another USB OTG/Host hub. Picture:

uploadfromtaptalk1347031554389.jpg

Now it works for flash drives, pen drives. Things like webcam, mouse, keyboard doesn't work any more. I am able to connect 4 flash drives at once as it has 4 ports. How? I heard from people that the 4.0.3 kernel doesn't support it. I doesn't want to root my device yet.
My Galaxy S2 info:
Baseband version: I9100DXLPA
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100DXLPB-CL709089
dpi@DELL 151 #3

Much help is appreciated. :)

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Things like webcam, mouse, keyboard doesn't work any more. I am able to connect 4 flash drives at once as it has 4 ports. How? I heard from people that the 4.0.3 kernel doesn't support it.

I had the same problem with my Galaxy SII (stock ROM & kernel).
However, after the recent update from version 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 everything is working fine!

The only thing I have problems with now is my USB hub.

Interestingly enough, the keys of the USB keyboard I tried were correctly mapped to the german layout (QWERTZ). This was not the case in Android 2.3.

Even USB MIDI interfaces work now!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts