USB OTG in Place?

Search This thread

Aaaron16

Mar 12, 2009
Does anyone know if it's possible to access the PX5's OTG USB using one of the existing external USB connections (without having to pull the head unit apart)? I'm trying to get a USB connection for ADB and came across this on the wiki:

Bootloader mode

Holding the power button while turning on the unit will get you into bootloader mode. **This is battery power not acc power** The screen will be black but plugging in a usb to the front usb will prompt the PC to install the RockChip bootloader drivers - this might help http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/11...install-rockchip-usb-drivers-in-windows-xp78/

I noticed on the MTCD schematic that the MCU has pins for CTL_RECOVERY and CTL_WAKEUP, which leads me to believe it might be possible to program the PX5 in place using some sort key combination. I tried the wiki instructions, but can't get the PX5 get picked up at all on the USB connection.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
It depends on the hardware - Some GS might as the original GS has the hardware configuration and switch correctly implemented, which some GS users have reported. Others manufacturer units might not, ostensibly because they messed up the implementation (e.g. my JY or Joying).

Give it try, put device into recovery mode and connect usb port to PC.

Aaaron16

Mar 12, 2009
Oops, pardon the late response. I've given it a try and the manufacturer even sent a special cable (purple connector instead of the white), but I'm unable to get the PC to detect anything on the USB port. Doesn't even try to enumerate a device on Windows.