• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

USB Problem connecting Drone RC Controllers... (Mavic, Anafi)

Search This thread

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Hi !
The last days i have been trying to get DJI GO (and Freeflight 6 for Parrot) to run on the Oculus Go. (DJI Mavic & Parrot Anafi Control Apps)

As you all know there is a way to let Android apps run in a kind of “cinematic mode” so it will be visible as a 3D Window and controllable by Oculus Go Virtual Controller.
(That is via Oculus TV sideloading)
So that worked at some point. (i can detail that later if things are working)

But now as i have an older DJI GO 4 running and the latest Freeflight 6 running there is a USB Problem of generic nature as it happens on DJI GO 4, Cuva, Freeflight 6, AR.Pro, … --> All apps that should interface to drone remote Controller via USB. (edited)

So its not an App-Level Problem but a general Oculus GO USB thing i fear.

(I have been using all kinds of OTG devices just fine until now, but the Drone Controllers should work as host devices like a PC or Mac)

If i have ADB enabled the connection of Mavic RC or Anafi RC is simply ignored (well its charging but thats all).

If i disable ADB there is a message that the “connected USB device wants ro access folders and files”. I can press “accept/allow” and the Dialog goes away. BUT that Dialog comes again after some seconds.

Drone App will never “see” the RC.

I guess when i plug in the RC, the Oculus GO wants to present itself as MTP device.
But thats sure not what the RC wants.

Do you have any info on how a “normal” SMARTphone operates with the RC ? USB mode or whatever ? If i would learn that i may learn how the Oculus Go can be convinced to work in the same way…

Greetings,

Ender

Jackel0228

Aug 8, 2011
Also thought this

Hi !
The last days i have been trying to get DJI GO (and Freeflight 6 for Parrot) to run on the Oculus Go. (DJI Mavic & Parrot Anafi Control Apps)

As you all know there is a way to let Android apps run in a kind of “cinematic mode” so it will be visible as a 3D Window and controllable by Oculus Go Virtual Controller.
(That is via Oculus TV sideloading)
So that worked at some point. (i can detail that later if things are working)

But now as i have an older DJI GO 4 running and the latest Freeflight 6 running there is a USB Problem of generic nature as it happens on DJI GO 4, Cuva, Freeflight 6, AR.Pro, … --> All apps that should interface to drone remote Controller via USB. (edited)

So its not an App-Level Problem but a general Oculus GO USB thing i fear.

(I have been using all kinds of OTG devices just fine until now, but the Drone Controllers should work as host devices like a PC or Mac)

If i have ADB enabled the connection of Mavic RC or Anafi RC is simply ignored (well its charging but thats all).

If i disable ADB there is a message that the “connected USB device wants ro access folders and files”. I can press “accept/allow” and the Dialog goes away. BUT that Dialog comes again after some seconds.

Drone App will never “see” the RC.

I guess when i plug in the RC, the Oculus GO wants to present itself as MTP device.
But thats sure not what the RC wants.

Do you have any info on how a “normal” SMARTphone operates with the RC ? USB mode or whatever ? If i would learn that i may learn how the Oculus Go can be convinced to work in the same way…

Greetings,

Ender

I have had the same thoughts about running freeflight on the go.... I don't exactly know how the app interfaces with the host device, so not much help there, but if you get it going, or I can help you out in some way, let me know! That would be awesome if you could get it going.

enderffx

Sep 16, 2011
Hi,
i have not yet got it working, actually i did nothing more except waiting for the major FW update of the GO that should include UTB OTG Storage support.
I hope that will open up FF6 as well.
On another note FF6 works *perfectly* on a Mirage Solo Daydream Standalone Headset.
They really cared for a goos 2D to 3D Legacy App conversion !

Greetings,

Ender

Reactions: Jackel0228

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    i have not yet got it working, actually i did nothing more except waiting for the major FW update of the GO that should include UTB OTG Storage support.
    I hope that will open up FF6 as well.
    On another note FF6 works *perfectly* on a Mirage Solo Daydream Standalone Headset.
    They really cared for a goos 2D to 3D Legacy App conversion !

Greetings,

Ender