usb type-c connection not recognized

Search This thread

dbizzy

Oct 7, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hi. I just received the March 1st update. Since updating I have the problem where I connect phone to pc via usb type-c cable and it doesn't recognize my phone. I can't transfer files from my phone. Anybody else having this problem? I don't know if it's software or hardware related. I tried wiping cache, factory reset, using different cables.. Fast charging still works on the Samsung 45W charging brick.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Hi. I just received the March 1st update. Since updating I have the problem where I connect phone to pc via usb type-c cable and it doesn't recognize my phone. I can't transfer files from my phone. Anybody else having this problem? I don't know if it's software or hardware related. I tried wiping cache, factory reset, using different cables.. Fast charging still works on the Samsung 45W charging brick.
    Rule #1 if you have a fast, stable OS that is fulfilling its mission... let it be🤣

You have a SD card slot, use it!
    Use the SD card (Lexar v30 .5tb $75 works well) as a data drive. The OS and programs on the internal memory and all user data goes on the data drive. Everything you need to do a full restore should be on your data drive!
    Fully backup the data drive at least 2 times on physically/electronically isolated hdds.
    I also use a Sandisk.5tb flashstick that plugs into the C port for backup. Maybe your 10+ would connect like this.

Make sure notifications are enabled; you need to grant permission on the 10+ before it will fully connect. Check USB settings in Developer options as well. By default it should connect though...
    Make sure no 3rd party antivirus apps are "protecting" you.
    Check Windows Event Viewer for error messages. Use Disk Management to directly access the 10+'s drives. Check Hardware Management to work with the drivers.
    Try another cable and/or port.
    Reboot and try again.

Last edited:
    Reactions: winoles

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Rule #1 if you have a fast, stable OS that is fulfilling its mission... let it be🤣

You have a SD card slot, use it!
      Use the SD card (Lexar v30 .5tb $75 works well) as a data drive. The OS and programs on the internal memory and all user data goes on the data drive. Everything you need to do a full restore should be on your data drive!
      Fully backup the data drive at least 2 times on physically/electronically isolated hdds.
      I also use a Sandisk.5tb flashstick that plugs into the C port for backup. Maybe your 10+ would connect like this.

Make sure notifications are enabled; you need to grant permission on the 10+ before it will fully connect. Check USB settings in Developer options as well. By default it should connect though...
      Make sure no 3rd party antivirus apps are "protecting" you.
      Check Windows Event Viewer for error messages. Use Disk Management to directly access the 10+'s drives. Check Hardware Management to work with the drivers.
      Try another cable and/or port.
      Reboot and try again.