Use a smartphone near a border / Smartphone for borderer

Search This thread
Jul 13, 2008
Hello,

I hope my title will help to find this topic.

In fact, I'm looking from year a solution to force or help my phone to choose the operator / Carrier I want.

Before, I had a phone plan without roaming and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) alway search to connect to my home operator and drain the battery !

Now I have an internationnal phone plan and even when I am in the other country my phone continu to connect to my home opertor even if the roaming opertaor is better.

The automatic search take time and finish with the same operator that before most of the time. And the manuel search take to much time (during that I can't use my phone) and when I came back at home, my phone loose the connection of course.

So is there a way to use easely a phone near a border ??
I think that Xposed could help me but I read the description of the module (https://repo.xposed.info/module/net.caze.roamingcontrol) and it doesn't change the way that the automatic search works or create a list of prefered operator ordered.

15 year ago I had a phone from Philips witch offer this functionnality, I'm quite optimist that a solution is possible.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards
James

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Hello,

I hope my title will help to find this topic.

In fact, I'm looking from year a solution to force or help my phone to choose the operator / Carrier I want.

Before, I had a phone plan without roaming and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) alway search to connect to my home operator and drain the battery !

Now I have an internationnal phone plan and even when I am in the other country my phone continu to connect to my home opertor even if the roaming opertaor is better.

The automatic search take time and finish with the same operator that before most of the time. And the manuel search take to much time (during that I can't use my phone) and when I came back at home, my phone loose the connection of course.

So is there a way to use easely a phone near a border ??
    I think that Xposed could help me but I read the description of the module (https://repo.xposed.info/module/net.caze.roamingcontrol) and it doesn't change the way that the automatic search works or create a list of prefered operator ordered.

15 year ago I had a phone from Philips witch offer this functionnality, I'm quite optimist that a solution is possible.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards
    James
    Samsung Galaxy S7 should have the feature to automatically switch the mobile network provider.
    Check settings - connections - mobile networks - network provider ... select the option to automatically switch.

Jul 13, 2008
    Hello, of course you can choose the automatically switch in S7 but it doesn't work. When you choose this option (and you have to do manualy) if you a provider is avaible the phone will keep this one even if it's not your prefered or the most powerfull. The automacally connection works only when you have lost your actual provider.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone