Use an SD card as RAM?

Search This thread

SinghDroid

Jan 19, 2010
In short "no".

You can use part of your sdcard as swap, this will increase the total memory but it wont really speed anything up since an sdcard is much slower than your RAM.

PhantomRampage

May 13, 2008
How do i use a part of sd card as swamp?

well to use it as a swamp you'd need to shrink yourself to microscopic sizes so you can roam on the top of your sd card. before doing that however i'd recommend putting one droplet of dirty moldy water on it,that way once you're small enough to fit on it it'll be a swamp already. hoped that helped

ericm115

Aug 8, 2009
lol. its SWAP not SWAMP. but w/e. what phone you have. also is it rooted? if you have amoon ra's recovery you can partition your microsd with a swap space. it will format your sd so you will want to back things up. but as for making things faster, not really. it helps with multitasking a bit but not really making things faster.

sajm

Jan 15, 2010
Krosno
Go to market and download Swapper2 aplication, then you need just to run app - go to menu/settings/ and mark run swapper at startup.
You can also adjust how much swap you want to (i prefer recomended 32mb) there is a lot options for newbie users or pro.

Reactions: dksingh358

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
will it work if i format the whole sd card with ext2, no partition. can i install the androidinstall.tar and all those updates with ext2 sd card

bogdan_mihai554

Jan 5, 2011
Bucharest
well to use it as a swamp you'd need to shrink yourself to microscopic sizes so you can roam on the top of your sd card. before doing that however i'd recommend putting one droplet of dirty moldy water on it,that way once you're small enough to fit on it it'll be a swamp already. hoped that helped

zOMG...I laughed my head off:)))) Good One XD

V

Vistaus

In short "no".

You can use part of your sdcard as swap, this will increase the total memory but it wont really speed anything up since an sdcard is much slower than your RAM.

LOL FAIL-post.
It actually makes things faster. Come and look in the XT720-section. With sdcard SWAP enabled, the XT720 is litterally flying.

ginobili1

Apr 17, 2011
rofl... that was some use of creative writing. :D

Kamal_Saran

Feb 4, 2012

+1 for comment bro.that was really something....lol

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do i use a part of sd card as swamp?

Go to market and download Swapper2 aplication, then you need just to run app - go to menu/settings/ and mark run swapper at startup.
    You can also adjust how much swap you want to (i prefer recomended 32mb) there is a lot options for newbie users or pro.
    will it work if i format the whole sd card with ext2, no partition. can i install the androidinstall.tar and all those updates with ext2 sd card

Before you do anything, try the suggestion of using swapper. you won't have to reformat and you'll be able to find out if your device supports swap.