How To Guide Use german banking apps with root

Search This thread

hanni2301

Nov 4, 2014
You can bypass it by
Download App Named Shelter from Play store.
The App will create work profile and you can bypass any bank or app you facing issue with it.
When completed create work profile you can clone Bank App and use if.
That sounds sufficient to me as there is no more need of getting something to hide after any new version oder method of magisk/root.

Does someone know if there are limiting factors or some circumstances in which these method won't work? I read something about the existence of no other secured folders etc? Does this interfere with commen root practices or magisk modules? For myself I use many System UI tweaks.

Thanks in advance as I don't get any othe hiding method to work, even with lsposed framework. Critical app is 'SecureGo' of Sparda or VR Bank.

jonnymcweed

Dec 14, 2010
Ok guys, I just found something that I absolutely have to share with you.
I'm using the SecureGo Plus App together with Magisk and LSPosed.
Until last week I was running Android 11 and have now switched to Android 13.

My solution to get these bank apps up and running was Shelter, but Shelter doesn't like Android 13 at the moment, so I had to find another way.
All these magisk modules like Shamiko, Magisk Hide Probs etc. didn't work for me here, so I removed everything and installed magisk and all modules one after another with many reboots to test if there is any module, that my bank app doesn't like. And guess what, there really was one, in my case the Dolby Atmos module, which triggered the website on the SecureGo Plus app.

After removing this module, I had no problems at all.
I don't even have to hide the magisk app anymore.
Just force the the denylist, add your bank apps, the google play store and the google play services, find the bad magisk module which is triggering your bank app and you are fine.

I hope this solution can help you too

cosminmocan

Sep 8, 2009
timisoara
Would this work with ING Homebank?
I'm in a annoying situation where volte and vowifi is not working (located in Romania) and the only way of getting it to work would be root and some patch from xda, however that would make my main bank app not work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not being critical of your choices but why would anyone chance having a banking institution or any financial app including
    GPay on a rooted device? Isn't there a much greater chance of being compromised by an app or inadvertent web link? And if the banking institution sees that a bogus user was created what are the chances of recovering funds obtained through fraudulent activity? I understand why people want to root don't get me wrong, but money transfers and transactions on that device seem a little reckless to me. But I could be wrong, just curious of the thinking here.
    Considering DirtyPipe exists and has not been patched yet (plus how long it already took to even acknowledge the problem in the first place), rooting is the least of our worries when it comes to monetary transactions/banking and android.

Bear in mind that DirtyPipe is only one elevation exploit that we've heard about. And for every disclosed vulnerability there are dozens of others that nobody's aware of. The market for rooted android users is very small compared to the overall android phone-user market. Creating exploits specifically targeting rooted phones would be a waste of time and effort compared to working on privilege escalation on non-rooted devices; from a hacker's perspective you want to hit the largest volume of targets in cases like these.

I've been rooting my phones for 10 years now, and my usage of banking/fintech apps on my devices has increased consistently. Applying common sense opsec/infosec practices can negate a large percentage of the perceived risk that root access exposes you to.

On the other hand, if someone wants to target you specifically, as an individual, you're screwed, root or no root, unless you're aware of the risks that come with technology and the pitfalls of android (iOS can be perceived as more secure but when it comes to individual targeting/attacks, there are expensive tools made by some of the world's top intelligence organizations that can wreck havoc on iOS as well)

TL;DR you're never truly safe, root or no root.
    I decided to root ky Pixel 6 and found out that i couldn't get around the security from germans banking apps.

simple soloution. have magisk/zygisk installed and set the root mode to "user" in the settings of magisk manager.

then go to your settings and setup a second user (wont have root) install your banking apps and enjoy the ability to use them with an rooted device :)
    I'm not being critical of your choices but why would anyone chance having a banking institution or any financial app including
    GPay on a rooted device? Isn't there a much greater chance of being compromised by an app or inadvertent web link? And if the banking institution sees that a bogus user was created what are the chances of recovering funds obtained through fraudulent activity? I understand why people want to root don't get me wrong, but money transfers and transactions on that device seem a little reckless to me. But I could be wrong, just curious of the thinking here.
    i Understand, but if you want to have an custom DAC like Viper4Android you kinda need root. my intention isnt to do fraudulent activity, as i mentioned in the Post you dont have Root access on that second user
    You misunderstood my concern wrt banking activity. I didn't suggest that you were doing anything fraudulent but if you were the victim of fraudulent activity would the bank still cover you with a bogus account you created? I don't know if what you did was entirely proper or not but that was not the issue I thought you might be concerned about.

As I said, I completely understand your desire to root be it V4A or DAC or even ad blocking. I just wonder the benefit vs the exposure if you are using banking apps. Without financial transactions occurring on the phone I doubt there is much to worry about other than what we are all concerned about root or not.
    I decided to root ky Pixel 6 and found out that i couldn't get around the security from germans banking apps.

simple soloution. have magisk/zygisk installed and set the root mode to "user" in the settings of magisk manager.

then go to your settings and setup a second user (wont have root) install your banking apps and enjoy the ability to use them with an rooted device :)
    edit: this method was tested for Sparkasse app's

• S-Push Tan
    • Mobiles Bezahlen