• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

User ability

Search This thread

Mickallround

Sep 29, 2017
Hi,
Just after a bit of user advice, I have been looking up information on both the s3 and the new gear sport, and I'm really interested in the gear sport due to its waterproof abitlities. Which to me means I could still wear my watch while bathing the kids or washing the pots or taking a shower. The question I have is can I reply to notification' s and text messages as well as take and answer calls like you can on the S3 frontier?

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
Hi,
Just after a bit of user advice, I have been looking up information on both the s3 and the new gear sport, and I'm really interested in the gear sport due to its waterproof abitlities. Which to me means I could still wear my watch while bathing the kids or washing the pots or taking a shower. The question I have is can I reply to notification' s and text messages as well as take and answer calls like you can on the S3 frontier?

AFAIK, the Gear Sport supports all of those functions, it does everything the S3 classic and Frontier do, as well as adding better waterproofing and focus on active "sport" activities.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickallround

integrated

Mar 14, 2007
Chicago
AFAIK, the Gear Sport supports all of those functions, it does everything the S3 classic and Frontier do, as well as adding better waterproofing and focus on active "sport" activities.

Not sure where you got that info but the Gear Sport does not do everything. A lot of hands-on reviews (during previews) have confirmed no LTE version, and no speaker on the Gear Sport. It's likely that way in order to have the device gain a better water resistance rating. Strangely, they don't go in-depth about the lack of but call it out and mention to they'll go deeper into that on full reviews when the device is out. I guess time will tell but I think the Gear Sport is more Garmin like versus the do-it-all of the S3.

Last edited:
Reactions: pizza_pablo

paul1109

Nov 29, 2017
Definitely no support for making or receiving calls on the watch although you can reply to texts but only if you're still connected to your smartphone at the same time, the watch is 'offline' when not connected to your smartphone although you can use GPS and spotify in offline mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Definitely no support for making or receiving calls on the watch although you can reply to texts but only if you're still connected to your smartphone at the same time, the watch is 'offline' when not connected to your smartphone although you can use GPS and spotify in offline mode.
    Hi,

Not sure where you got that info but the Gear Sport does not do everything. A lot of hands-on reviews (during previews) have confirmed no LTE version, and no speaker on the Gear Sport. It's likely that way in order to have the device gain a better water resistance rating. Strangely, they don't go in-depth about the lack of but call it out and mention to they'll go deeper into that on full reviews when the device is out. I guess time will tell but I think the Gear Sport is more Garmin like versus the do-it-all of the S3.