• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

userdebug / eng build needed

Search This thread

liam_L

Jul 22, 2021
OnePlus 5T
Moto G Stylus
Hi folks,

I have seen some great quality ROMs here, big thanks for your work/support for those.
For a project, I need to alter the config settings of the wifi baseband in my Moto G pro, which I can access at /vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS...ini.

My problem is that even with a rooted phone (su on adb shell working fine) and custom ROMs, the /vendor partition is remaining Read-Only and I cannot change this config file. I have had access to debug builds before that have allowed me to change this file by pushing/pulling using adb, but with rooted stock or rooted custom ROMs I am not able to use adb root (Production Build) or adb push (read-only file system) or adb disable-verity (User build).

Trying to use shell to remount as r/w:
# mount -o rw,remount /vendor
'/dev/block/dm-4' is read-only

I think my solution here is to try running a custom ROM that is built as 'userdebug' or 'eng'. Could you point me to any ROMs available that run in these modes? or is anyone in a position to build these quickly?

Thanks in advance for your pointers :)
Liam

Moto G Pro XT2043-7

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Hi folks,

I have seen some great quality ROMs here, big thanks for your work/support for those.
For a project, I need to alter the config settings of the wifi baseband in my Moto G pro, which I can access at /vendor/etc/wifi/WCNSS...ini.

My problem is that even with a rooted phone (su on adb shell working fine) and custom ROMs, the /vendor partition is remaining Read-Only and I cannot change this config file. I have had access to debug builds before that have allowed me to change this file by pushing/pulling using adb, but with rooted stock or rooted custom ROMs I am not able to use adb root (Production Build) or adb push (read-only file system) or adb disable-verity (User build).

Trying to use shell to remount as r/w:
# mount -o rw,remount /vendor
'/dev/block/dm-4' is read-only

I think my solution here is to try running a custom ROM that is built as 'userdebug' or 'eng'. Could you point me to any ROMs available that run in these modes? or is anyone in a position to build these quickly?

Thanks in advance for your pointers :)
Liam

Moto G Pro XT2043-7
This may help