• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

using mouse with Dex support

Search This thread

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Hi guys.
I just bought S5e cover with keyboard and since I'm oldschool,I'd like to use tablet sometimes as a laptop.
I know I can switch to Dexx mode but I wonder can I use mouse with it?
I have some dongles USB type C to Type A (3.0 and 2.0) but those are chinese.
Can I use them normally connecting to type C port on tablet without any issues and then connect wireless mouse dongle over it?

denNorske

Dec 9, 2015
Norway
floof.cc
Yep you can :)

I know that some phones/tablets are super sensitive on which dongles you use to connect the peripherals, however I have had my luck with several devices previously. I have never owned the Samsung Tab S5e, but I have the Tab S6, and it eats any dongles i throw at it.

Psst: I have a dongle with 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x1000mbps LAN, 1xUSB-C and SD card reader on it, and all works.

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Yep you can :)

I know that some phones/tablets are super sensitive on which dongles you use to connect the peripherals, however I have had my luck with several devices previously. I have never owned the Samsung Tab S5e, but I have the Tab S6, and it eats any dongles i throw at it.

Psst: I have a dongle with 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x1000mbps LAN, 1xUSB-C and SD card reader on it, and all works.
what dongle is that?