using roms with mclaren

Search This thread

oulouloul

Feb 2, 2012
Hello everyone..
I'm using s9+ and I'm thinking about to switch 6t Mclaren edition. My question is: if I buy mclaren, can I use every rom/kernel for regular 6t? For example can I use warp charge with a custom kernel for regular 6t?

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
Hello everyone..
I'm using s9+ and I'm thinking about to switch 6t Mclaren edition. My question is: if I buy mclaren, can I use every rom/kernel for regular 6t? For example can I use warp charge with a custom kernel for regular 6t?

Shouldn't be any different.
The charging is with the power management and the kernel doesn't do that.

Shouldn't be any different.
The charging is with the power management and the kernel doesn't do that.
Actually I have a McLaren flashed custom kernel. Lost warp charge. It is in the kernel. Tested this on stock rom before last update. If there are new kernel sources released for the last ota that merged the software then maybe it will work since regular 6t users have the McLaren finger print animation hidden on their phone, must be in csc file or such or customed by model #

Current custom kernels do not support warp charge for mclaren

Also just tried update from flar2 Jan 2 warp charge still does not work on custom kernel currently

Last edited:

oulouloul

Feb 2, 2012
Actually I have a McLaren flashed custom kernel. Lost warp charge. It is in the kernel. Tested this on stock rom before last update. If there are new kernel sources released for the last ota that merged the software then maybe it will work since regular 6t users have the McLaren finger print animation hidden on their phone, must be in csc file or such or customed by model #

Current custom kernels do not support warp charge for mclaren

Also just tried update from flar2 Jan 2 warp charge still does not work on custom kernel currently
Theoretically I was thinking about same. I guess I can't buy mclaren edition. Reason is lack of development.

Theoretically I was thinking about same. I guess I can't buy mclaren edition. Reason is lack of development.
It's not lack of development all roms will run. Just don't have warp charge until the sources are release for the kernel devs. Usually a company (I forgot exact amount of time) but I think it's 90 days to release their sources for a new phone. This is so another company cannot steal their stuff. The devs will build for the new kernel. But the sources have not been released yet
This phone is the best phone I have ever owned. I've had multiple htc phones and Samsung phones and nothing compares to this currently.
Stock kernel and battery life are fantastic no lags runs great. I hope the sources not being released doesn't sway you from getting this phone

Last edited:

bladestonez

Mar 9, 2011
You lose fingerprint scanner on all custom roms ATM so they aren't terribly useful at least for me. Stock ROM is good no real need to change it, and if you absolutely need a custom ROM just use the stock kernel and you should be fine. As others have stated it will only be a matter of time before the kernel sources are out and warp charge will be added. But until the fingerprint scanner gets figured out I'm staying on stock ROM.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone