Using Software with V-key Components

Search This thread

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
V-Key Pte Ltd is basically a IT security technology based in Singapore I suppose.
Some softwares in Singapore, i.e. OCBC Banking, SingPass and maybe some other SEA banking softwares have v-key components which detects magisk.

This is a guide on how to use such softwares with Magisk, because I firmly believe that I get to choose what features I wish to have for my phone, and it is not fair for these banking companies to deny their services just because my device is rooted, I mean, if my banking stuff gets compromised because my phone is rooted and exploited, I'm willing to take the risk.

This guide aims to help mostly Singaporean users or anyone using such softwares with v-key components.

To make things work, the following things must be done:

1. Make sure Magisk manager is hidden

2. Make sure device fingerprint is certified by google (Check out the MagiskHide Props Config module) Please contribute fingerprints to this module for the benefit of everyone, checkout the GitHub page for more details.

3. Add the apps to Magisk Hide list.

4. Use package manager (pm) to disable the following v-key components in terminal (Using POSB Banking App as an example:

pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/vkey.android.vos.MgService
pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/com.vkey.android.support.permission.VGuardPermissionActivity
pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/com.vkey.android.vguard.VGDialogActivity
pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/com.vkey.android.internal.vguard.cache.ProcessHttpRequestIntentService

*Some apps may not have one or two v-key components listed above (i.e. SingPass), so getting an error on one or two components being not found should not be a big issue. If things works out you should see out puts on new states being disabled

*Attached a script that deals with OCBC, POSB and SingPass, if you have some weird errors make sure the encoding or format (Not sure of the jargon for it) is Unix or sth and not Windows

Credits:
Reddit User u/Inscythe for giving me a vague idea on the existence of v-key components

Muntashir Akon for his App Manager, allowed me to search for v-key components of apps(tried the disabling features of this app but didn't work, hence the script with pm command)

@Didgeridoohan for MagiskHide Props Config

@vurtomatic for giving me the idea of creating a guide on this.

Attachments

• disvkey.zip
    355 bytes · Views: 23
Reactions: Lu5ck and Kag

erOzeOz

Jan 25, 2012
Hi @Xanth0k1d , thanks for the guide.

I have a rooted LOS 18.1 (OnePlus 3), with magisk 22.1, magisk hide on and magisk manager hidden. All my bank apps work correctly excepts K-PLUS app, the retail bank app from Kasikorn Bank in Thailand.
I can see in the logs of magisk that some vkey components are linked to the app. I followed you guide and was able to disable 2/4 components you listed (2 didn't exist).
Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

Do you know how I can search in my phone if other vkey components exist that I might need to disable?

Thanks

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
Hi @Xanth0k1d , thanks for the guide.

I have a rooted LOS 18.1 (OnePlus 3), with magisk 22.1, magisk hide on and magisk manager hidden. All my bank apps work correctly excepts K-PLUS app, the retail bank app from Kasikorn Bank in Thailand.
I can see in the logs of magisk that some vkey components are linked to the app. I followed you guide and was able to disable 2/4 components you listed (2 didn't exist).
Unfortunately this didn't fix the issue.

Do you know how I can search in my phone if other vkey components exist that I might need to disable?

Thanks
Disabling the existing vkey components should be enough.
Did you spoof the device signature with the magisk hideprops module?

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
Hey @Xanth0k1d, does this still work for you? I noticed that VGuard services are visible with App Manager for DBS but not Government apps. I could disable those services via ADB Root without the use of Magisk just fine.

Seems like GovTech has caught up to this trick :/
All my apps are working fine, could you please be clear of your problem? i.e. what's working, what's not etc

KrishvY

Apr 17, 2021
Singapore
LG V20
OnePlus 6
All my apps are working fine, could you please be clear of your problem? i.e. what's working, what's not etc
I'm using a OP6, LineageOS 17.1, latest nightly build. I can't use SingPass and Standard Chartered but I can use DBS just fine. I did not root my phone and I don't have Magisk installed either.

I just can't find V-key components in SingPass with App Manager.

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
I'm using a OP6, LineageOS 17.1, latest nightly build. I can't use SingPass and Standard Chartered but I can use DBS just fine. I did not root my phone and I don't have Magisk installed either.

The App Mananger by Muntashir Akon?
I think I need to explain this properly, SIngapass and some apps may not work in the following situations:
  • You installed a custom rom without a Google approved device ID
  • You rooted your phone
  • You have Magisk
  • etc​
For your case, Singpass does not work because you installed Lineage - a custom rom, which should not have a Google approved device prop by default. It doesn't matter if you are rooted or you have install Magisk at this point.
My suggestion to you is to install Magisk and follow my guide-hide magisk and spoof you device fingerprint so it looks like you are running a stock rom.

Reactions: KrishvY

dearestk

Feb 27, 2012
hi @Xanth0k1d. Have been using your method to hide singpass in the past. But the app just recently was able to detect root. As someone mentioned above, the updated app has no v-key components listed in the service. Any idea how to circumvent the situation and what services to disable?

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
Holy ****, I just saw the update.
Probably some dude saw this post...
I have yet updated so I can't test, if anyone's finding any solutions to this pls update as well.

inscythe

Dec 22, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
V-Key Pte Ltd is basically a IT security technology based in Singapore I suppose.
Some softwares in Singapore, i.e. OCBC Banking, SingPass and maybe some other SEA banking softwares have v-key components which detects magisk.

This is a guide on how to use such softwares with Magisk, because I firmly believe that I get to choose what features I wish to have for my phone, and it is not fair for these banking companies to deny their services just because my device is rooted, I mean, if my banking stuff gets compromised because my phone is rooted and exploited, I'm willing to take the risk.

This guide aims to help mostly Singaporean users or anyone using such softwares with v-key components.

2. Make sure device fingerprint is certified by google (Check out the MagiskHide Props Config module) Please contribute fingerprints to this module for the benefit of everyone, checkout the GitHub page for more details.

4. Use package manager (pm) to disable the following v-key components in terminal (Using POSB Banking App as an example:

pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/com.vkey.android.support.permission.VGuardPermissionActivity
pm disable com.dbs.sg.posbmbanking/com.vkey.android.internal.vguard.cache.ProcessHttpRequestIntentService

*Some apps may not have one or two v-key components listed above (i.e. SingPass), so getting an error on one or two components being not found should not be a big issue. If things works out you should see out puts on new states being disabled

*Attached a script that deals with OCBC, POSB and SingPass, if you have some weird errors make sure the encoding or format (Not sure of the jargon for it) is Unix or sth and not Windows

Credits:
Reddit User u/Inscythe for giving me a vague idea on the existence of v-key components

Muntashir Akon for his App Manager, allowed me to search for v-key components of apps(tried the disabling features of this app but didn't work, hence the script with pm command)

heya, I'm the reddit user... I had updated the app, but so far has no luck finding where the detection is hiding now... I might just try turning off services one-by-one with servicely, but I'll keep you all updated if I get any success.

Top Liked Posts

The recent Singpass update requires disabling o.InvalidRegistrarException for root detection to be circumvented.
    The recent Singpass update requires disabling o.InvalidRegistrarException for root detection to be circumvented.

I think I need to explain this properly, SIngapass and some apps may not work in the following situations:
    • You rooted your phone
    • You have Magisk
    • etc​
    For your case, Singpass does not work because you installed Lineage - a custom rom, which should not have a Google approved device prop by default. It doesn't matter if you are rooted or you have install Magisk at this point.
    My suggestion to you is to install Magisk and follow my guide-hide magisk and spoof you device fingerprint so it looks like you are running a stock rom.

Credits:

• You rooted your phone
    • You have Magisk
    • etc​
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone