Using this phone on AT&T, can't get 3g data

Search This thread

whatever100

Feb 14, 2012
I cancelled service with verizon, and put my att sim card into this phone.

But the best data connect I can get is edge (2g). I don't expect this phone to get ATT's lte network, but is there a way to get 3g data connection? Edge is just too slow.

Also, is voice quality tied with network type? I feel the voice quality was worse in comparison to my ATT phone. But the signal shows full bars.

Thanks.

Edit: today it magically worked. I don't know what happened, as I didn't do anything to it. It is now running on HSPA+, with very nice speed.

Last edited:

konradsa

Feb 22, 2013

But the best data connect I can get is edge (2g). I don't expect this phone to get ATT's lte network, but is there a way to get 3g data connection? Edge is just too slow.

Also, is voice quality tied with network type? I feel the voice quality was worse in comparison to my ATT phone. But the signal shows full bars.

Thanks.
Did you configure the right APN settings for AT&T?

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489&cv=820

Reactions: whatever100

the_passenger

Aug 25, 2006
Yes, after setting it up I was able to connect to EDGE. But that is only 2g speed. I read online that many people were able to connect to 3g (HSPA+).

Some of them mentioned reporting IMEI to ATT. Would this matter?

Try to call ATT and make sure they provision your SIM card with 4G LTE service. (you might need an IMEI that is compatible with ATT LTE for them to activate that option)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.
    Did you configure the right APN settings for AT&T?

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489&cv=820
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone