[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

eirhnh_k

Jun 24, 2010
kalamata
hello! I installed spb mobile shell 3.5.5.. is there any trick to change the way my sms and mails appear on screen? to be more specific, when i tap sms icon, i see sms folders. i want to make them like papers that change when i scroll up or down! like the original way of htc. and the mails too! also how to make hotmail the first folder i see when i tap mail icon? now i see outlook. i want hotmail! any help for my questions?:confused:

Vostradamus

Feb 11, 2008
Genova
play.google.com
hello! I installed spb mobile shell 3.5.5.. is there any trick to change the way my sms and mails appear on screen? to be more specific, when i tap sms icon, i see sms folders. i want to make them like papers that change when i scroll up or down! like the original way of htc. and the mails too! also how to make hotmail the first folder i see when i tap mail icon? now i see outlook. i want hotmail! any help for my questions?:confused:

you're kind in the wrong thread lol :p This is the 3.0.1 thread, the one for 3.5.x is here :)

Anyway, here's what you need to do:

- menu -> edit layout -> tap on the sms widget -> default action -> open 3D viewer

- menu -> add widget -> email -> select your hotmail account -> tap on email widget -> default action -> open 3D viewer

of course this requires your hotmail account to be already configured on the device :)

You can delete the "old" email widget

Last edited:

eirhnh_k

Jun 24, 2010
kalamata
you're kind in the wrong thread lol :p This is the 3.0.1 thread, the one for 3.5.x is here :)

Anyway, here's what you need to do:

- menu -> edit layout -> tap on the sms widget -> default action -> open 3D viewer

- menu -> add widget -> email -> all accounts -> select your hotmail account -> tap on email widget -> default action -> open 3D viewer

of course this requires your hotmail account to be already configured on the device :)

You can delete the "old" email widget

oooooook! finally i managed to do that succesfully! thanks my friend! you are amazing!!!:D

Mar 15, 2010
Problems: I've installed this set of widgets and now my phone (HTC Mega) does not start anymore. It keeps restarting itself from the windows logo over and over again, not entering home page.
WHAT CAN I DO to fix it please!

done it with a hard reset; anyway it was really needed; lucky me I've made a backup of my agenda on 07.07 with PIMbackup (nice tool, proving to work just fine)

Last edited:

gulluwing

Jun 6, 2010
my device is an HTC touch2.
I installed mobile shell 3.5.5 and I think It's a wonderfull software but I'm not satisfied about contact management: by default on HTC when I set a new contact I can insert 6/7 telephone number and when I tap on a contact I can choose what number call or send an sms; with MS I can set 2 numbers but only the first allows me the choice to send an sms or an mms or make a call: ex. MOBILE:22222 SEND SMS:22222 SEND MMS:22222 HOME:33333 GREEN BUTTON:22222 : is it possible to add more numbers?

second problem:when I tap ADD CONTACT, appears the list with all contacts and the keyboard to select name alphabetically; if I tap the "3defò" button only the Only contacts whose telephone number begins with 3 are highlighted and not the contacts with the name whose begins with "d" or "e" or "f". Can you help me?
thanks a lot

Vostradamus

Feb 11, 2008
Genova
play.google.com
my device is an HTC touch2.
I installed mobile shell 3.5.5

Maybe you'd better post in mobile shell 3.5.x thread, this is the 3.0.1 one :p

and I think It's a wonderfull software but I'm not satisfied about contact management: by default on HTC when I set a new contact I can insert 6/7 telephone number and when I tap on a contact I can choose what number call or send an sms; with MS I can set 2 numbers but only the first allows me the choice to send an sms or an mms or make a call: ex. MOBILE:22222 SEND SMS:22222 SEND MMS:22222 HOME:33333 GREEN BUTTON:22222 : is it possible to add more numbers?

How many numbers can be stored "inside" a contact depends on microsoft outlook mobile, not on mobile shell....
If I'm not mistaken, outlook mobile has fields for:
- work
- mobile
- home
- car
- company
- work2
- home2
- radio

It's true, though, that when you "open" a contact in mobile shell you're only going to see mobile, home and work numbers.... I'm afraid this is by design... all the other ones are visible only opening the contact in outlook mobile (or editing it from mobile shell, for the edit contact function opens outlook mobile itself)

As for the "send sms" or "send mms", it's again true that mobile shell limits that function to the mobile number alone.... again, I'm afraid this is by design :(

second problem:when I tap ADD CONTACT, appears the list with all contacts and the keyboard to select name alphabetically; if I tap the "3defò" button only the Only contacts whose telephone number begins with 3 are highlighted and not the contacts with the name whose begins with "d" or "e" or "f". Can you help me?
thanks a lot

this is quite weird, it's supposed to work the way you described... even more, it should check not only the beginning of the "name" field, but the "last name" too... (this is how it has always worked on my device at least...) :confused:

392mhz

Oct 3, 2009
is it possible to add the following widgets to SPB MS 3.0.1 or copy them from later versions?

-Operator name
-small alarm widget
-new standalone wireless widgets

I tried later versions but they are significantly slower on my old pda.
3.0.1 is much faster, but I miss the above.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
is it possible to add the following widgets to SPB MS 3.0.1 or copy them from later versions?

-Operator name
-small alarm widget
-new standalone wireless widgets

I tried later versions but they are significantly slower on my old pda.
3.0.1 is much faster, but I miss the above.
I dont think anyone is making widgets for 3.0.1 anymore sorry.

I have a widget pack for 3.0.1 that includes the operator widget but it doesnt have an alarm or wireless widget.

You can find links to what available on the first page.

Mark.

392mhz

Oct 3, 2009
thanks.
And is it possible to copy widgets from later versions?
3.5 has small horizontal operator name widget.
I definitely need this one.

nitrogen618

Jul 14, 2010
Sorry for being a noob. I'm kinda confused.

I just installed a .cab theme and soft resetted, but it's not changing. Anyone know how I change the theme?

Also, I have spb. Before it had one theme on it installed, now it has none other end up with a blue background.

Help please ><

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Sorry for being a noob. I'm kinda confused.

I just installed a .cab theme and soft resetted, but it's not changing. Anyone know how I change the theme?

Also, I have spb. Before it had one theme on it installed, now it has none other end up with a blue background.

Help please ><
Well knowing exactly what cab you installed (including link) and where you installed it to would help :)

Also the resolution of your device please.

Mark.

NLWaard

Jul 2, 2009
New version of ShellExtension (version 2.0)

ShellExtension 2.0.0 is online...
It's supports SPB Mobile shell 3.1
It is not tested with this version jet.
Can someone, check if ShellExtension correctly works?

You can find ShellExtension 2.0.0 here Thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.