[UTILITY] HellFire Kindle Nullifier 1.0

Search This thread

x0xhellx0x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 6, 2011
Shirley, NY
this is made by Volk released by me with his permission

The Nullifier.

This uses a special command in combination with a special file to overwrite the internal partitions with 0's, hence "Null" for 0 and "-ifier" for the fact that it does something. It also formats *all* the partitions afterward and *new* checks for, and repairs any errors on them.

Some brief need to knows:

1. This is a little lengthy process so please bear with it. The longest wipe is on /data which will take about 7 minutes. Obviously, make sure you have plenty of battery life before running it or are charging.

2. You *must not* power off your tablet without first installing a new ROM or restoring a nandroid after you use this. See post here:

3. I will provide help, support, etc., but I am not, nor is anyone else involved with this, responsible for any problems you may have in the extremely unlikely event that you do.

Folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/?unsvbx50wt3hh13

Q: Why not just format everything?
A: Because a format isn't intended to erase data, though to a degree does so. This script is intended and will wipe out the data and leave a clean set of partitions for a ROM to be installed to.

Q: (Submitted by Cargohook) Would it be idiotic or fruitless to run this and then restore a nandroid backup? I mean, would that defeat the purpose?
A: I highly doubt it would be a waste of your time. On an educated hunch, when you restore a nandroid all CWM does is format the partitions then load the data from the nandroid to those partitions; back to square 1 with old data being left behind.

Q: Why don't I get a message about formatting /boot?
A: Because it doesn't format /boot. Why? In testing I found that it doesn't need it. It's all a matter of how Android uses boot.img and how it's copied.

Q: Does this wipe Dlavik?
A: Technically. Dalvik is contained within /cache which gets Nullified so, yes. And see the following post regarding not needing to wipe the Dalvik on top of wiping /cache:
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1564287

Q: Does this wipe internal or external SD? (added because it keeps getting asked)
A: In a word, no.

Q: Will using this cause nand-failure or make my phone unusable if used too much?
A: In my opinion, no. In other's, yes. To give you a better answer, please see Overground's post on that subject here: http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=327
(Thanks for the objective opinion overground)

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
I'll give it a shot. Sounds like a good deal for a clean install.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
If anyone runs this and has errors please make sure to get the log and either post it or copy the info on it... We wont be guessing as to the error and gotta have specifics to get great resolution. Please and thank you.

Edit:
I'd like to restate this btw:

You *must not* power off your tablet without first installing a new ROM or restoring a nandroid after you use this.

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
As this is being released by hell should I start on the videos for this as well? Also, I would love this for my Acer iconia too. Has this been tested on twrp and cwm yet?

Tapatalked from my A100 - Flex Reaper RF1.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
OK when I get some time later I'll test it with twrp.

Edit: testing with twrp now, I'll post back battery % used and total time spent nullifying when it completes. Dual wipe, so just half it for a single pass.

Edit 2: here's my findings using dual pass on twrp:
Starting battery 81% at 11:31am
Dual wipe end 77% 11:46am
Install hfks
After flash 76% 11:47am
Reboot
75% 11:51am at system start

Using this information you should get an idea of how much battery is minimum required for nullifying and flashing a rom then rebooting into the system. Works perfectly fine with twrp, so twrp and cwm users rejoice, we have nullifire for the KF! Thanks to Volk and hell for releasing this tool.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

BrooksBlood

Apr 1, 2012
Goodyear Az
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I've never used a script through twrp. How do you do it? I usually just run scripts with from toolbox but don't want to try and have it get screwed. Thanks a lot, I know its probably really simple, just wanted some steps to do it.

Nick B

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Its the same as flashing a rom, just pick the nullifier zip instead of a rom. I'm working on a video to show the process in twrp, but for now here goes....

Boot into your recovery ( twrp or cwm doesn't matter), pick install zip from SD card, go to where you have the nullifire.zip, select it, and hit flash. After its done be sure to restore a nandroid or flash a rom, never power down or reboot without one or the other being done first! Also make sure to have 30% or more battery, or be plugged in before starting.

Reactions: rikkoko

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
Sorry to sound like a noob, but I've never used a script through twrp. How do you do it? I usually just run scripts with from toolbox but don't want to try and have it get screwed. Thanks a lot, I know its probably really simple, just wanted some steps to do it.

Nick B
its simple. Download the script. then reboot into twrp or cwm then install the script.. once its done then install your chosen rom... wait for it to be done. fix permissions then reboot and enjoy.. super simple and super cool..

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Holy crap I'm stupid, if I would've noticed it was a zip I would've known that hahaha sorry guys :p

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

No biggy, I think its a little confusing as its referred to as a script, and generally those are in a zip file, extracted, then run in system, not flashed through recovery.

Stage

Dec 21, 2010
St. Louis
Ok, I'm really going to come across as a noob, but what are the benefits to running this? I guess I'm confused to what it actually does.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Ok, I'm really going to come across as a noob, but what are the benefits to running this? I guess I'm confused to what it actually does.

The concept to its use is to minimize bugs caused by left over data. The wipe process of cwm and twrp is a format, it deletes the arrows pointing to where data is, but the data remains intact. It allows the system to overwrite the data. Nullifier overwrites the data itself with zeros, making it so no leftover data is there to cause problems later, then formats afterwards for rom use. Essentially leaving a blank slate to read and write from without worries of old data creeping in.

Stage

Dec 21, 2010
St. Louis
The concept to its use is to minimize bugs caused by left over data. The wipe process of cwm and twrp is a format, it deletes the arrows pointing to where data is, but the data remains intact. It allows the system to overwrite the data. Nullifier overwrites the data itself with zeros, making it so no leftover data is there to cause problems later, then formats afterwards for rom use. Essentially leaving a blank slate to read and write from without worries of old data creeping in.

Ok thank you!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is made by Volk released by me with his permission

The Nullifier.

This uses a special command in combination with a special file to overwrite the internal partitions with 0's, hence "Null" for 0 and "-ifier" for the fact that it does something. It also formats *all* the partitions afterward and *new* checks for, and repairs any errors on them.

Some brief need to knows:

1. This is a little lengthy process so please bear with it. The longest wipe is on /data which will take about 7 minutes. Obviously, make sure you have plenty of battery life before running it or are charging.

2. You *must not* power off your tablet without first installing a new ROM or restoring a nandroid after you use this. See post here:

3. I will provide help, support, etc., but I am not, nor is anyone else involved with this, responsible for any problems you may have in the extremely unlikely event that you do.

Folder:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?unsvbx50wt3hh13

Q: Why not just format everything?
    A: Because a format isn't intended to erase data, though to a degree does so. This script is intended and will wipe out the data and leave a clean set of partitions for a ROM to be installed to.

Q: (Submitted by Cargohook) Would it be idiotic or fruitless to run this and then restore a nandroid backup? I mean, would that defeat the purpose?
    A: I highly doubt it would be a waste of your time. On an educated hunch, when you restore a nandroid all CWM does is format the partitions then load the data from the nandroid to those partitions; back to square 1 with old data being left behind.

Q: Why don't I get a message about formatting /boot?
    A: Because it doesn't format /boot. Why? In testing I found that it doesn't need it. It's all a matter of how Android uses boot.img and how it's copied.

Q: Does this wipe Dlavik?
    A: Technically. Dalvik is contained within /cache which gets Nullified so, yes. And see the following post regarding not needing to wipe the Dalvik on top of wiping /cache:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1564287

Q: Does this wipe internal or external SD? (added because it keeps getting asked)
    A: In a word, no.

Q: Will using this cause nand-failure or make my phone unusable if used too much?
    A: In my opinion, no. In other's, yes. To give you a better answer, please see Overground's post on that subject here: http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=327
    (Thanks for the objective opinion overground)
    Update to 1.1 Single and Dual passes.

Ok Hell, with Volk's graces i've updated the HF Kindle Nullifier to 1.1 and now there are the options for the download of the single and dual passes. Also I have added a line to copy the log after the nullification is done. It's just something I like to do. Please update the OP since I cant...Gracias! :)

edit
    updated to show 'otter' versus 'blaze' on assert command

reserved for later
    OK when I get some time later I'll test it with twrp.

Edit: testing with twrp now, I'll post back battery % used and total time spent nullifying when it completes. Dual wipe, so just half it for a single pass.

Edit 2: here's my findings using dual pass on twrp:
    Starting battery 81% at 11:31am
    Dual wipe end 77% 11:46am
    Install hfks
    After flash 76% 11:47am
    Reboot
    75% 11:51am at system start

Using this information you should get an idea of how much battery is minimum required for nullifying and flashing a rom then rebooting into the system. Works perfectly fine with twrp, so twrp and cwm users rejoice, we have nullifire for the KF! Thanks to Volk and hell for releasing this tool.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2