Search This thread

oile

Jul 18, 2011
Taranto
Last edited:

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Wonder if I can flash this on my unlocked SEA H815 to "convert" it to an EU version. I'm new to the LG scene. Anyone know?

Vosetal

Oct 4, 2012
Wonder if I can flash this on my unlocked SEA H815 to "convert" it to an EU version. I'm new to the LG scene. Anyone know?

Yes it is here is few steps if you have little web development knowledge you can do it "easy" :D:
  • Download and install LG suite and check if there's update for your phone (Don't update phone). If you still don't have update you must wait for one (probably not long).
  • If you have update you can exit LG suite and continue.
  • Download posted kdz file.
  • Enter this url in your browser: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=YOURS_IMEI_NUMBER
  • You should get some data and most important is sw_url which should look like http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW2C2IOOPPOAA0515EAOJ0/H815.kdz.
  • Hard part: you should block above url by adding this line to: /windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file (edit as administrator):
    Code:
    127.0.0.1	csmgdl.lgmobile.com
  • Install some web server (WAMP fe.) and in its www dir create dn directory (look at url step 5 sw_url) and put in it downloaded kdz file from first step renamed to downloader.dev
  • Make sure that server runs properly and when you type rom's url it downloads eur rom instead of original (and very fast because of local server).
  • Now you can run again LG suite and check for updates and then click update.
  • After finishing you should get EURO version (It says global I don't know why) and you can delete line from hosts file (Important!).

Reactions: gtg465x

peters.

Oct 10, 2011
[*]After finishing you should get EURO version (It says global I don't know why) and you can delete line from hosts file (Important!).
[/LIST]

Is it possible to use this method to "replace" the carrier branded ROM with the EURO/Global version? I assume the model of phone should be H815, anything else to keep in mind?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone