[V2 Added!Also Read the last page!Need help guys! :D]Asphalt 7 graphics patch!

Search This thread

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
This project will be halted due to studies.I hope you understand. :)
Anyone intrested in continuing this pm me.

Intro:

Hey guys...
As you know you can now get asphalt 7 for free os samsung apps(yay! :D ) but when i downloaded the graphics were pretty bad for my standards...:(
Anyway i decided to look into in and i messed a bit with the games files...:p
The results i got were sweet!

Features:

Now the game has:
1)anti aliasing enabled
2)the car and enviroment looks much better and the biggest plus
3)it it runs 60 fps most of the time!! :) (i need confirmation about this,although it's much smoother!)
4)POTENTIALY decrease battery drain due to less workload for the gpu with the new settings...
I've played 20 minutes and only 5% is gone!(using lh3 ics and siyah 1.5.2 with undervolted and overclocked cpu+gpu (1600mhz cpu,533mhz gpu)

New in V2!
Fully blown out graphics! :D
All details maxed out!
-Enabled High quality car shader
-Lod back to highest value
-Gamma luminance enabled
-Dynamic reflection optimized
-Car reflection in garage enabled

This looks ULTRA SWEET! :)
Instructions are the same for sammy version,for paid version i need help! :D

Installation:

Download the attached file,extract it and and paste it in
sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.SAMSUNG.GloftA7SS/files

Looks like it won't work with the paid version of asphalt 7!
Although you can download the sammy one for free if you want.

Update:There's WIP!When we figure it out full instructions will be given!

Update!Full credits goes to tolis626!
Great guy! :D

Μεγάλε κάτι γίνεται! :D
So guys,after some dirty copy-paste-work and random number changing(Numbers that don't concern us,don't worry ;) )
I think I managed to get this to work.
Well,it did download something again,but I kinda think it works.
Maybe it's just me though...Can you guys test this?
Method is the same 7zip stuff I posted earlier. :)

How to:
Download the DeviceConfigPaid.zip extract it and use the instructions below!
Remember,it's still a WIP so we need feedback guys! ;)

Well,kinda managed to get it to work on the Play Store version.
I opened the main.xxx.obb(Don't remember the name :p ) with 7zip,went to /data/DeviceConfig in there and copied your file over the previous one.

OR

Working on paid version from Google play store, simply copied file to computer, renamed to .tar.
Opened the file in winrar and without zipping simply drag and dropped the new config in /data/DeviceConfig.
Then simply renamed .tar to .obb and copied back onto SGS3.
Initial play seems okay, but im at work so will give full report later.
No lag @ 1.6Ghz/700mhz GPU.

Final Notes
1)This will work 100% and DOES NOT HAVE ANY RISK(s)...;)
If run into any problem,just delete the file and the game will re-download the previous one in seconds! :D

2)I'm not sure if the ones that bought it have the game installed in that directory!
If you do,you're most likely in luck fellas!
If you don't,i can't do anything sorry....:(

3)Seems like it doesn't work on jellybean...:/
Sorry guys,i'm using LH3 ics rom...it should have theoreticaly worked with jelly bean....anyway,try it you may be lucky! :)
There's no risk..

4)Do you think we should spread the word??
Press submit thread as news tip so we can give help to more users! :)

5)
MAJOR UPDATE!!!
Looks like i almost have the "universal" version ready! :D
I want ANYONE to post me their device's original DeviceConfig.xml and tell me from which device is this file!
When you post i'll have the version ready for that device,i found the issue that caused the download 1mb update and made the file working! :)
But in order to fix it,i'll need your ORIGINAL file!
By the way i also need an xml of the paid S3 version so i can make this work also.
Thank you guys.

EDIT:Added Galaxy S3 version V2 with even better graphics while maintaining great performance. :)
I need feedback on this one!
For now it only works on sammy version but as soon as someone with the paid version posts me his xml i'll make it work for the paid one as well...;)
P.S. The universal version will be based on the V2 not on the old one,don't worry...:D

For anyone else wondering how/where can you get the game for free the link is right here!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1872844

P.S.
1)I've made some screenshots but there's not much difference there!you'll notice the difference when you play,not in static images...:)

2)This WILL NOT WORK ON OTHER DEVICES...yet!
I you want it to ask me and i'll try to make it work for that device....
(and you can be a tester...:) )
I'll start a universal version soon so stay tuned! ;)

3)I am not responsible for anything that happens if you mess up,delete data,cause a nuclear war,or have kittens assault you and anything else! :)

Happy Gaming everyone!

Attachments

• DeviceConfigPaid.rar
    2.4 KB · Views: 5,821
  • DeviceConfig.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 3,773
Last edited:

kofiaa

Aug 27, 2011
Accra
That was fast, I downloaded the app today but I'll be downloading the files by the weekend. Hope your mod kicks butt!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Reactions: diego9016

Daley87

Apr 30, 2009
Bolton
Man,search the forum please!
Yes it's free...
In samsung apps go to categories/games/gameloft/free and you'll see it...

Easy tiger, why would i search the forum for that? I just got home from work and checked the forum and saw your post, obviously the first thing i checked was the Samsung Apps store. If you had linked to a different post in the OP detailing the info regarding where to look on S Apps then yes shame on me for not looking at it. Anyway thanks for the info and the mod.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Easy tiger, why would i search the forum for that? I just got home from work and checked the forum and saw your post, obviously the first thing i checked was the Samsung Apps store. If you had linked to a different post in the OP detailing the info regarding where to look on S Apps then yes shame on me for not looking at it. Anyway thanks for the info and the mod.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

No worries man...
Info added to the OP!
Thanks for the suggestion...;)

Se23

Oct 17, 2011
I also was about to delete the game as graphics and accelerometer controls are awful. This has made the game much smoother and looks really nice. Controls suck but that's not your fault. Thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

Reactions: nfsmw_gr

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Coool ! i was about to delete the game now its much more faster and smoother ! thanks

I also was about to delete the game as graphics and accelerometer controls are awful. This has made the game much smoother and looks really nice. Controls suck but that's not your fault. Thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA
Thanks gus! :)

@Se23
I'm not a fan of the accelerometer either...:p
Go to settings,controls and change the control type to D!
That way you can tap left or right on the touchscreen to steer...;)

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com
I downloaded it from Sam. App Store, also did not find the folder whereas there is one under:

/sdcard/gameloft/games/GloftA7SS

over there you can find the DeviceConfig.xml

will test it

---edit: seems to WORK!

Last edited:

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Hey thanks for the file, I was looking that file and I find it funny that they leave in the iPhone and iPad information in there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

nope dont have that folder either....

It's in android/data/com.gameloft.android.SAMSUNG.GloftA7ss/files

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

alysiper

Aug 24, 2010
Bucharest
If you buy the game from the playstore, all the data is stored in the following location: sdcard/android/obb/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM. There is no ".../files/" folder.
All the data is capsulated into a file, main.100.com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM.obb, that has 1.4gb.
I copied the config file but the game graphics are the same. I guess that you need to put the config file into the 1.4gb file :).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/screenshot2012090708055.png/

Update: I unzipped the obb file replaced the config file and zipped again the files(i zipped all the files into a .tar file, and after that i changed the extension name). After that i replaced the current file withe the official .obb, but the game fails to run. :|

Last edited:
Reactions: vessk0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This project will be halted due to studies.I hope you understand. :)
    Anyone intrested in continuing this pm me.

Intro:

Hey guys...
    As you know you can now get asphalt 7 for free os samsung apps(yay! :D ) but when i downloaded the graphics were pretty bad for my standards...:(
    Anyway i decided to look into in and i messed a bit with the games files...:p
    The results i got were sweet!

Features:

Now the game has:
    1)anti aliasing enabled
    2)the car and enviroment looks much better and the biggest plus
    3)it it runs 60 fps most of the time!! :) (i need confirmation about this,although it's much smoother!)
    4)POTENTIALY decrease battery drain due to less workload for the gpu with the new settings...
    I've played 20 minutes and only 5% is gone!(using lh3 ics and siyah 1.5.2 with undervolted and overclocked cpu+gpu (1600mhz cpu,533mhz gpu)

New in V2!
    Fully blown out graphics! :D
    All details maxed out!
    -Enabled High quality car shader
    -Lod back to highest value
    -Gamma luminance enabled
    -Dynamic reflection optimized
    -Car reflection in garage enabled

This looks ULTRA SWEET! :)
    Instructions are the same for sammy version,for paid version i need help! :D

Installation:

Download the attached file,extract it and and paste it in
    sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.SAMSUNG.GloftA7SS/files

Looks like it won't work with the paid version of asphalt 7!
    Although you can download the sammy one for free if you want.

Update:There's WIP!When we figure it out full instructions will be given!

Update!Full credits goes to tolis626!
    Great guy! :D

Μεγάλε κάτι γίνεται! :D
    So guys,after some dirty copy-paste-work and random number changing(Numbers that don't concern us,don't worry ;) )
    I think I managed to get this to work.
    Well,it did download something again,but I kinda think it works.
    Maybe it's just me though...Can you guys test this?
    Method is the same 7zip stuff I posted earlier. :)

How to:
    Download the DeviceConfigPaid.zip extract it and use the instructions below!
    Remember,it's still a WIP so we need feedback guys! ;)

Well,kinda managed to get it to work on the Play Store version.
    I opened the main.xxx.obb(Don't remember the name :p ) with 7zip,went to /data/DeviceConfig in there and copied your file over the previous one.

OR

Working on paid version from Google play store, simply copied file to computer, renamed to .tar.
    Opened the file in winrar and without zipping simply drag and dropped the new config in /data/DeviceConfig.
    Then simply renamed .tar to .obb and copied back onto SGS3.
    Initial play seems okay, but im at work so will give full report later.
    No lag @ 1.6Ghz/700mhz GPU.

Final Notes
    1)This will work 100% and DOES NOT HAVE ANY RISK(s)...;)
    If run into any problem,just delete the file and the game will re-download the previous one in seconds! :D

2)I'm not sure if the ones that bought it have the game installed in that directory!
    If you do,you're most likely in luck fellas!
    If you don't,i can't do anything sorry....:(

3)Seems like it doesn't work on jellybean...:/
    Sorry guys,i'm using LH3 ics rom...it should have theoreticaly worked with jelly bean....anyway,try it you may be lucky! :)
    There's no risk..

4)Do you think we should spread the word??
    Press submit thread as news tip so we can give help to more users! :)

5)
    MAJOR UPDATE!!!
    Looks like i almost have the "universal" version ready! :D
    I want ANYONE to post me their device's original DeviceConfig.xml and tell me from which device is this file!
    When you post i'll have the version ready for that device,i found the issue that caused the download 1mb update and made the file working! :)
    But in order to fix it,i'll need your ORIGINAL file!
    By the way i also need an xml of the paid S3 version so i can make this work also.
    Thank you guys.

EDIT:Added Galaxy S3 version V2 with even better graphics while maintaining great performance. :)
    I need feedback on this one!
    For now it only works on sammy version but as soon as someone with the paid version posts me his xml i'll make it work for the paid one as well...;)
    P.S. The universal version will be based on the V2 not on the old one,don't worry...:D

For anyone else wondering how/where can you get the game for free the link is right here!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1872844

P.S.
    1)I've made some screenshots but there's not much difference there!you'll notice the difference when you play,not in static images...:)

2)This WILL NOT WORK ON OTHER DEVICES...yet!
    I you want it to ask me and i'll try to make it work for that device....
    (and you can be a tester...:) )
    I'll start a universal version soon so stay tuned! ;)

3)I am not responsible for anything that happens if you mess up,delete data,cause a nuclear war,or have kittens assault you and anything else! :)

Happy Gaming everyone!
    do it yourself guide

first im not sure why this is called a "patch" when it doesnt patch anything, its just a modified xml (txt) setting file since gameloft didnt wanna include settings within the game. you can find "DeviceSettings.xml" on your phone, edit the values you want on/off, save it and it will work. there are two things tho you have to comply with tho.

the first one is file size and it has to be exactly the same as the original file you found on your phone. this varies with game version, with v1.0.2 from samsung the file should be exactly 22,493 bytes. if the file is longer or shorter by 1 byte the game will consider it invalid and re download the original file from the server overwriting all the changes you made. to tune the file size you can always delete some of the comments in the settings file or add spaces, depending on what you edited.

second thing is about modifying the right part for your phone. gameloft has classified devices and made settings presets as android-low -medium -high and a "Galaxy S3" classification which is obviously used for S3. for other devices you, somehow, need to know how gameloft classified your device. if your device is, lets say, under android-medium than editing that preset will give results. you can edit all the presets in the file to desired values and by doing so be sure that you also covered preset for your device or you can "trial and error" your way to the right preset for your device, either way it should work...

and lastly for the lazy crowd with S3 and samsung version 1.0.2 (thats what i got :) ) i have included my DeviceSettings.xml based on the OP post but modded to exclude gamma luminance (was creating too bright picture and tint on some maps, looks sweet on others, overall didn't like it) but to include everything else but the high res textures for road and background... in my findings S3 cant push constant 60 fps with high res textures, its playable in most maps but having constant 60 fps beats better looking background for me.

P.S. theres also something about this "patch" not working on JB which is total nonsense, i'm currently on the DLJ5 stock JB and it runs normally. there is no logical reason why it wouldn't work on JB since its game related and system should not have anything to do with it, if the game works modifying the settings should also work.
    Haha lucky I saw this because I almost replied! I am just about to test now and will post soon :) (on S2)

EDIT: Doesn't work! Game replaces file :(
    Hi thanks for trying but when I replace the .obb file and open the game it says I have to download a 1mb update (which must replace the file) because after that I notice no improvements and there is definitely no anti aliasing!

Please post if anyone has a solution :)

This mod is ONLY FOR THE S3! :)
    It will not work on other devices...yet!
    Ask and if other users on your forums want a mod i'll make one!
    My game is play store version. I tried OP's xml but the game run so unplayable slow and tolis626's xml makes the graphic look worse than the original.

Really?Hmm...Gotta make love to my bed today(I missed it a lot these days,so 10 hours of sleep minimum today :D ).I'll check it tomorrow and hopefully come up with something that,well,works as advertised.The one I posted earlier was just to see if it's possible to work.Let's see what's gonna happen.Meanwhile,everyone is welcome to come up with their own solutions. ;)
    The paid version tweak did not work for me.

I already had bought the game from Google Play.
    Downloaded "DeviceConfigPaid.rar" from the original post.
    Copied "main.101.com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM.obb" from my SGS3 to my PC and renamed it "main.101.com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA7HM.zip".
    Went into "\data\DeviceConfig" with WinRAR and replaced the file in there, then saving with replace.
    Finally renamed from .zip back to .obb and copied it back to the SGS3, overwriting the original file.
    This as far as I understand it, is the instructions.

When I launch the game however, it tells me "The game requires additional data (1 MB) to run on your device. Do you want to launch the download now"? with the options of "Yes" or "No".
    Choosing "No", it tells me I can download later with the only option "OK" resulting in the game exiting.
    Choosing "Yes", I am guessing replaces the edited file and then lets me launch the game, but with no tweak applied.

Did I do something wrong?