[v4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X3] [ROM] [Android TV 9 Pie] Aidan's Custom ROM [STABLE 3139] (Mi Box Firmware Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

Tribes11

Apr 15, 2012
São Paulo
I also have the X96 mini I tried the three v9.1 versions too small the dpi, v9.2 and v9.3 are equal 213dpi good size on tv 32 inches, for my worked the v9.3 with my infrared control but has faults if it turns off turns off every few seconds and the resolution change does not work. V9.2 for me is the one that worked best but on my device does not work infrared control and with the usb control does not recognize the ok key

Well that brings a lot of information, I'm gonna try them! Thanks a lot for the tips!!!

Reactions: AudigierSanchez

dazedcrazy

Jan 23, 2013
i haven't tested this but AFRD isnt preinstalled so it probably dosnt work with rate switching, supercelerons rom may be the one for you :)

Sorry what I meant to say was that the Mi Box S I have will change refresh rate when I play something in the Plex app or any app that asks it to. I thought because this is based off that that it might also change refresh rate. I flashed it to try out and it doesn't change refresh rate. Everything else works great. But like the ATV Mod by superceleron you lose all normal usb ports on a Minix U9 but the OTG port still works if you need to add a remote. I mentioned the superceleron mod because that comes pre rooted with the AFRD on it.

Tribes11

Apr 15, 2012
São Paulo
Just installed it on mi X96 Mini and it looks and feels great, however I'm stuck on 4k30fps and can't select 1080p60 because everytime I click on the resolution option it closes and nothing happens, how can I fix this?

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Sorry what I meant to say was that the Mi Box S I have will change refresh rate when I play something in the Plex app or any app that asks it to. I thought because this is based off that that it might also change refresh rate. I flashed it to try out and it doesn't change refresh rate. Everything else works great. But like the ATV Mod by superceleron you lose all normal usb ports on a Minix U9 but the OTG port still works if you need to add a remote. I mentioned the superceleron mod because that comes pre rooted with the AFRD on it.
there is probably somthin g missing from my vendor for frame rate switch, maybe in future version :)

PTHugo

Jul 13, 2015
Strange,all I can suggest is if you can find another 9.0 rom that boots I can try of fix from there

Thanks, i think it is a device thing, this may be a fake alfawise h96pro that's why fails to boot, don't bother I found an old m8s pro in the bottom of the drawer flashed the appropriate file and voila it works like a charm, the only thing I miss is the Chromecast functionality but that's fine...

• Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

BloatingRanger

Mar 4, 2021
Hello, I took a risk with an uncommon box (so uncommon that you can't even find a stock firmware for it anymore) and tried installing this ROM.
Problem is, no matter which version I try, the box itself never boots. It definitely receives power, but the front panel never turns on to show that it turns on. I tried the IR remote and the BT remote. Except for the LPDDR3 versions and one DDR3 version, all of them seem to install correctly according to the USB Burning Tool. I tried a couple of other versions from freaktab, but the box has the same symptoms. It doesn't even give a "no signal" issue, the screen is just blank.
It's a Kingbox K3 with S912 chipset, 2GB RAM and 16GB storage EMMC, and according to a freaktab thread it's got an AP6335 WiFi chip.
Any ideas what could be the issue, maybe I bricked it?
Thanks!

dieg00

Oct 29, 2009
zaragoza
Hello, the same thing happens to me in a Quintex Q912 3g of ram of 32 rom, the board is a q6330, gxm_q201_3g, the chip is AP6255, I have tried to install the 3 ddr3 / ddr4 roms, with two it stays in the boot logo indefinitely, with the other I have to bridge so that the amlogic tool can read it.

I have also tried the 3 slow mmc with the same result, any ideas? . Thanks in advance.

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hello, I took a risk with an uncommon box (so uncommon that you can't even find a stock firmware for it anymore) and tried installing this ROM.
Problem is, no matter which version I try, the box itself never boots. It definitely receives power, but the front panel never turns on to show that it turns on. I tried the IR remote and the BT remote. Except for the LPDDR3 versions and one DDR3 version, all of them seem to install correctly according to the USB Burning Tool. I tried a couple of other versions from freaktab, but the box has the same symptoms. It doesn't even give a "no signal" issue, the screen is just blank.
It's a Kingbox K3 with S912 chipset, 2GB RAM and 16GB storage EMMC, and according to a freaktab thread it's got an AP6335 WiFi chip.
Any ideas what could be the issue, maybe I bricked it?
Thanks!
Hello, the same thing happens to me in a Quintex Q912 3g of ram of 32 rom, the board is a q6330, gxm_q201_3g, the chip is AP6255, I have tried to install the 3 ddr3 / ddr4 roms, with two it stays in the boot logo indefinitely, with the other I have to bridge so that the amlogic tool can read it.

I have also tried the 3 slow mmc with the same result, any ideas? . Thanks in advance.

i did look up these 2 devices, dosnt seem to be much info on these devices regarding roms ect...

also had a look for stock roms & all the links seem to be dead

Reactions: dieg00

dieg00

Oct 29, 2009
zaragoza
i did look up these 2 devices, dosnt seem to be much info on these devices regarding roms ect...

also had a look for stock roms & all the links seem to be dead

Let me explain, for armbian it already gave me problems in its day the problem was the dtb, in this device it had to be the dtb_otg, the standards did not work, I do not know if it will help you.
I upload all the info and the rom that works on my wifi and BT device since there are two versions, thank you very much.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5
ROM Q912 7.1.2 quintex

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Let me explain, for armbian it already gave me problems in its day the problem was the dtb, in this device it had to be the dtb_otg, the standards did not work, I do not know if it will help you.
I upload all the info and the rom that works on my wifi and BT device since there are two versions, thank you very much.

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5
ROM Q912 7.1.2 quintex

This may be useful I will take a look in the DTB and the stock ROM se if anything obvious :)

Reactions: dieg00

laisidoro71

Mar 1, 2021
Hi,
I Try the version "7. [v4] [S905W] [UNTESTED] [w07] Aidans Custom ROM" and "3. [v4] [S905W] [UNTESTED] [w03] Aidan's Custom ROM" in NTech NBOX 3S (S905W) everything works (SPIF, TV Resolution 1080-60Hz, WiFi) except the remote control.
Best regards

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

laisidoro71

Mar 1, 2021
Hi again,

Can you provide me the drives for the remote command that exists "10. [S905W] Aidan's Custom ROM (TX3, TX3 Mini, TX3 Max ect ..) - 20210305T104343Z-001".
Because everything works in rom version " 7. [v4] [S905W] [UNTESTED] [w07] Aidans Custom ROM "
except the remote.

Thks

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hi again,

Can you provide me the drives for the remote command that exists "10. [S905W] Aidan's Custom ROM (TX3, TX3 Mini, TX3 Max ect ..) - 20210305T104343Z-001".
Because everything works in rom version " 7. [v4] [S905W] [UNTESTED] [w07] Aidans Custom ROM "
except the remote.

Thks

Ok what you can try is unpack the rom that remote works in using Ricky's tool to level 1, and copy and replace the dtbo.PARTITION from working rom to non working one and see if remote works, let me know how that goes :)

Top Liked Posts

Hello,
    Works great on Beelink GT1 Ultimate (A912 + WiFi :AP6255)
    But Prime Video App is showing error when playing video.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    no as this requires widevine level 1 DRM, you will need to use the mobile version of the app :)
    I get this error while flashing 7% only... Not working for me... Error 0x32030201 Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error . Pls help.. now back to original rom.
    aww bugger probably ddr type or somthing, hopefully more versions to come
    It's the same device as mine. Even in this post there are already around six or more people using the same device and waiting for your v6 to come and solve the wifi issue. And I think it's about 2 months since you said you would bring more wifi chip support to your rom.
    yhea it has been about that, unfortunately im just 1 person, i am doing this in my free time for the benefit of others, ive achieved my original goal of a perfect build for my main device, its not so easy on these chips, mainly also because there are so many versions i would have to create multiple version of each rom, so say 4 version for each of the 11 roms) i han not a programmer, hardware engineer or anything im just a guy who has been teaching himself this over the last year (Since lockdown started) and there is alot i still don't fully understand

there also seems to be some chips that i cant find any android 9 drivers for yet
    i have started a database on chips to help in keeping track so post if you have any further information or chips to add to this list

i have also been working on private projects (The kind that pay) so these take priority right now

for the next s905w version im considering going back to one version and working from there
    I passed the ROM normally but now when I go to pass another and connect it to my computer it says connect acess but then it loses
    why? help
    You put a pin in the AV port until you hear the click
    You stay like that for 5s then you connect your usb cable to the box in the white port
    You stay a bit he connects
    See the video
    Dans un premier temps Merci pour vos réponses!
    Pour MY CANAL encore plus étrange car en live le son ne fonctionne pas mais les replay le son fonctionne sur la meme application! Bref je vais essayer de comprendre le problème. Si il y a une évolution je vous en informe! Encore merci pour votre travail je retrouve avec plaisir ma H96 PRO +
    Salut à tous.

Voila la solution pour les problèmes de sont sur MON CANAL.

Depuis la mise à jour 4.5.0, il vous est possible de "Forcer l'audio en stéréo" dans le menu caché des réglages de myCANAL.

Comment accéder au menu caché?

• Ouvrir l'application myCANAL
    • Se rendre dans la rubrique "En plus" (...)
    • Choisir le menu Réglages
    • Suite 4 à 5 fois consécutivement sur le N ° de la version myCANAL
    • Le son "tchi tcha" va être joué puis une vidéo "Message à caractère informatif" apparaît à l'écran.
    • Faire "retour arrière" (flèche à gauche de "réglages")
    • Se rendre dans la section DEBUG
    • Acteur "Forcer l'audio en stéréo"

Eore un grand merci pour la ROM extra :)
    Hello All,
    This is my TV Box: MECOOL M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB
    Wifi Chip - KM63350528
    High Definition PCB Pic: https://ibb.co/MBbNvhm

I have installed this ROM:

3. [S912] [LPDDR3] [LAN100] (bcm4335) (KM6335) (M8S PRO L LB )

I find that WiFi does NOT work.

Any suggestion to get the wifi working will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Hannah
    im not sure why the drivers aren't working but will look into it
    ok 2 pieces of information to help towards this goal, what wifi chip do you have & which version of slimbox does your wifi work in? (there are 4 for s912)
    I 'believe' the WiFi chip is Q6330 (that was the information I could find.) slimbox V10.4 to V10.6 works on my YOKA TV KB2 (non pro 2gb ram) but slimbox list it as MECOOL BB2 and pro. (the BB2 and KB2 (non pro) are the same thing/box just different names, as is the pro versions)there is a ported version to the MECOOL BB2/BB2 pro called slimbox TX9s ATV v10.2 TO BB2/ BB2 PRO here is the link if you need to see it (it's on 4pda https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=764998&st=19880#entry101633536 all versions work on my box, hope this information helps.
    screenshot_20201116-025345.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
    Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W & S912 Testing

I'm Looking For A Few People To Test An S905W Port Also Interested In Tring some Other Chips, Please PM Me If You Want To Try On Your S905W Or Another Amlogic SOC Device :)

Aidan's Custom Android TV 9 ROM
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW Website! Check it out!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is v3 Of My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Amlogic S905X Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!

Download From Website
    https://aidansrom.wordpress.com/

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burnig tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

No Root?....
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?...
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
    I am still running the s912 Version als Said in page 1 :) any relevant Changes? Maybe changelog? If Not i'll Stick to my Version :) thanks for your hard work!
    ahh forgot to add changelog here put on the s912 & s905w post haha will copy here :)

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation