[V4A] Fix for 'Processing: No' while using Magisk

Search This thread

siddhulee

Aug 17, 2015
viper4androidfx processing = no (fix)

first I uninstalled stock audiofx.
i have the same problem where sometimes processing=yes and sometimes processing =no . my device is moto gs5+ (stock moto rom Android 8.1). i tried the above solutions the problem arises is that I can't delete or modify system files (for example audio_effects.conf) because my partition is read only .

”solution I find out” = goto system/etc/audio_effects.conf moved the /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf open this file with text editor and select all , copy it

then goto

system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf open this audio_effects.conf delete or erase all the commands and paste here save it and reboot

now viper4androidfx work flawlessly in every all app with processing=yes when ever there is audio playing
hope this solution help someone.

Last edited:
Hello guys! I am with my OP3T and android 9 stock 9.0.6. I am root with magisk 20.4 and when I install the V4A it won't let me use it, I have the problem mentioned in the post. I have SOLID PRO installed but I don't see the path /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to be able to copy and paste the file, in which folder is it?
Thanks cracks!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello guys! I am with my OP3T and android 9 stock 9.0.6. I am root with magisk 20.4 and when I install the V4A it won't let me use it, I have the problem mentioned in the post. I have SOLID PRO installed but I don't see the path /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to be able to copy and paste the file, in which folder is it?
Thanks cracks!
For v2.7.1.0
I think you are looking for files that would be under /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX. But if its there, then magisk will mount it where it is destined to be.

Reactions: ManuelR9
For v2.7.1.0
I think you are looking for files that would be under /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX. But if its there, then magisk will mount it where it is destined to be.

Thanks friend for answering.
It turns out that the path / magisk / v4a I don't see, so I went directly to the path SYSTEM / ETC ..... and there was the file in question, but I copy or cut it and overwrite it in the destination path and nothing, remains the same in PROCESS: NO.
I have also done something else that a colleague said to replace a file with .sh extension by .bak, and it has not worked for me either because when I restart and open the V4A, it asks me to install the driver again, so it did not help me.

Can somebody help me? is that my OP3T is very weak, only on calls, if I put videos and others, it is perfectly heard.

Someone could put the steps from 0, I want to do it from 0 and delete everything that doesn't work for me.

Thanks cracks!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Is this advice still current?
This thread is FULL of advice, which part in particular are you referring to?

Will replacing it with a hard link work too?
A hard link cannot cross partitions. ie you cannot do a hard link from data to system, so it would already need to be on system to hard link it to the system partition. This is what the Magisk module enables. EDIT: To be clear, Magisk mounts from the data partition, onto the system partition, not a hard link.

Last edited:

Spaceminer

Thanks friend for answering.
It turns out that the path / magisk / v4a I don't see, so I went directly to the path SYSTEM / ETC ..... and there was the file in question, but I copy or cut it and overwrite it in the destination path and nothing, remains the same in PROCESS: NO.
I have also done something else that a colleague said to replace a file with .sh extension by .bak, and it has not worked for me either because when I restart and open the V4A, it asks me to install the driver again, so it did not help me.

Can somebody help me? is that my OP3T is very weak, only on calls, if I put videos and others, it is perfectly heard.

Someone could put the steps from 0, I want to do it from 0 and delete everything that doesn't work for me.

Thanks cracks!

Assuming you have a root explorer... Check in /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/vendor/etc or look in /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/system/etc and edit it there. Reboot afterwards.

Dadadadaaaaaaa

May 9, 2021
Viper4android driver not enabled
Android 8.1 installed viper4android legacy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-36-28-695.jpeg
    Screenshot_2021-05-09-08-36-28-695.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 67

Xj748

Feb 5, 2021
Hello everybody! I ask you for help please 🙏 🙏🙏 viper4android does not work on all applications .... it is already in "legacy" mode, how can I fix it? Music FX effects have been uninstalled but I noticed that if enabled it still works! please help me🙏🙏🙏

Elephone s8
Android 7.1.1

Ciao a tutti! Vi chiedo aiuto per favore 🙏 🙏🙏 viper4android non funziona su tutte le applicazioni....è già in modalità "legacy", come posso risolvere? Gli effetti Music FX sono stati disinstallati ma ho notato che se abilitati funziona ancora! per favore aiutami🙏🙏🙏

Elephone s8
Android 7.1.1

Last edited by a moderator:

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Disclaimer:
• First, you have to follow the basic rules of V4A such as no other audio mods (AudioFX, MusicFX,...), uncheck direct control volume in Poweramp...
• Since Oreo, I only flash this Magisk module and I no longer have to follow the below steps.

1. THE PROBLEM

• You are using ViPER4Android app and the V4A module from the official repo of Magisk.
• Driver is installed, V4A is enabled but Processing is stuck at NO!

v4a-no.png

2. THE SOLUTION

• Move /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf (check the permissions).
Note : overwrite the existing file or add the extension .bak
• Reboot.

Now start your music app and check the driver status screen of V4A. You should have this:

v4a-on.png

Enjoy :)

I found this solution in one of Magisk threads. Hope it will help other OP3T users.
Still working in 2024 with a android headunit. Even stands after reboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    • First, you have to follow the basic rules of V4A such as no other audio mods (AudioFX, MusicFX,...), uncheck direct control volume in Poweramp...
    • Since Oreo, I only flash this Magisk module and I no longer have to follow the below steps.

1. THE PROBLEM

• You are using ViPER4Android app and the V4A module from the official repo of Magisk.
    • Driver is installed, V4A is enabled but Processing is stuck at NO!

v4a-no.png

2. THE SOLUTION

• Move /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf (check the permissions).
    Note : overwrite the existing file or add the extension .bak
    • Reboot.

Now start your music app and check the driver status screen of V4A. You should have this:

v4a-on.png

Enjoy :)

I found this solution in one of Magisk threads. Hope it will help other OP3T users.
    I patched the V4A module (by deleting 7 characters) to implement the fix shown in the OP; just download the attached module and load it through Magisk. Now I can pass the safetynet check AND have Viper installed :D
    I created a pull request for the module here in case you want to see exactly what I changed.
    Weird Directory...

At first, I was wondering where the heck the magisk folder was. I had to keep looking through random folders, until one guy on here said he turned on hidden folders. Then I did that, and soon found a folder called '.magisk' in 'sbin' folder.
    I was like "okay, kind of weird difference, but at least I found it!" Then I proceeded into it, but found 4 folders. 'block', 'busybox' 'img' 'mirror'. I have no idea why the directories aren't matching what you put in the tutorial.
    Well anyway, I made a lucky guess and clicked on 'img'. I found a folder close enough in there, called 'ViPER4AndroidFX', so I assumed you just shortened the name. Then everything else was normal from there, and I went to 'system', 'etc', and I found the config file! Then I moved it up two directories and into 'vendor', 'etc'. Replacing the file that was there before, it seems like I've successfully done what you guys said! I have no idea why the folders were in completely different areas, but I can confirm if your directories were found in this area, it works!
    It didn't work. I founs that I've also "AudioFX" app installed and enabled. Disabled and removed it (via Titanium Backup). Rebooted and it started working. What is interesting started after few moments of playing song, not immediately.
    Confirmed working fine. I had a /magisk/v4a/system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf already, but moved the /magisk/v4a/system/etc/audio_effects.conf to that folder overwriting the other one. Works!