Question V4A (Viper4Android) on Pixel 7 Pro

Search This thread

Curiousn00b

I tried both Vipers on stock firmware and couldn't get them to work either. I also installed the modified Magisk that supports 32-bit apps. Still couldn't get viper to install the driver.

I will switch to Corvus now. Too bad that ROM won't be getting updates for a few months ...

Any other ROMs that have 32 bit support in them ?
Not at the moment.

One thing I saw in the TG groups is just to let go of 32-bit apps and let them die basically, so some(if anymore) roms won't see 32-bit support added.

Apart from that, what're the differences of having 32-bit supprot or only supporting 64-bit? Has anyone felt a difference in the speed/stability? Ram usage? etc?

Samuel Holland

Not at the moment.

One thing I saw in the TG groups is just to let go of 32-bit apps and let them die basically, so some(if anymore) roms won't see 32-bit support added.

Apart from that, what're the differences of having 32-bit supprot or only supporting 64-bit? Has anyone felt a difference in the speed/stability? Ram usage? etc?
If you install a 32- bit app it won't work, like an example I see many using is "flappy birds".

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Yes, but what would the advantages be to not having 32-bit support, ya know? A con would be 32-bit apps can't be installed, but what're the pros of leaving them behind?
This may help with that question...

Reactions: Curiousn00b

Curiousn00b

This may help with that question...

Ahhhhhh. No wonder I didn't notice much of a difference with the ram since it's only ≈150mbs. Maybe with more budget phones you'll notice a better feeling of less jank.l, but security is always a plus.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Samuel Holland

Yes, but what would the advantages be to not having 32-bit support, ya know? A con would be 32-bit apps can't be installed, but what're the pros of leaving them behind?
Here is another article, but I'm thankful to have the 32 bit support enabled on my device.

I have viper working 100% on my pixel 7 pro without any issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221220-202137_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    Screenshot_20221220-202137_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 110
Hmm, that's weird. I've had this work using stock as well as corvus and a couple of others roms but was always first thing after a fresh install and before I did anything else. But idk that's strange. oh and I also individually flashed both slots (clean) with whatever rom I was using to before finishing setting up the rest of the way.

wowkazmir

Aug 16, 2010
Hmm, that's weird. I've had this work using stock as well as corvus and a couple of others roms but was always first thing after a fresh install and before I did anything else. But idk that's strange. oh and I also individually flashed both slots (clean) with whatever rom I was using to before finishing setting up the rest of the way.
I was always under the impression that viper requires permissive instead of enforcing to work alongside it being 32 bit. Did you manually set your SELINUX?

Try with this version, it's the one I used. But yes you have to have the 32 bit enabled. And what I did was.

1use the factory image from the month the rom you're wanting to install. Or whatever the developer suggests!.then use the flash-all batch file to flash both slots with -w to whatever your rom requires.
2.after you're stock the fastboot update your rom of choice (of course this is easiest if rom is enabled by default) I flashed both slots also.
3. Let it boot into Android for first time.
4. Developer options and enable USB debug
5. Have your .img ready to patch and patch using magisk (I use the alpha version from telegram)
6. Reboot bootloader and flash your .img file (I also flashed both slots as well) but that should not matter.
7. First thing before other installations I then do the mod exactly as it says.

With this I've been able to have viper working on three different rooms including corvus which is enabled by default.
Hope this helps anyone trying to get it working.
Didn't know if I could link the viper version but I attached a screenshot pointing to the one I used since it's not in fox's manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221-052605~2.png
    Screenshot_20221221-052605~2.png
    379.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: mmarcz
I was always under the impression that viper requires permissive instead of enforcing to work alongside it being 32 bit. Did you manually set your SELINUX?
This has been hit and miss for me depending on what I run sometimes I have to change it to install it then change back other times I don't. And there's been times I've flashed four or five different versions to see what sticks and what doesn't. You can't really mess up your device or I haven't in 6 pixel models at least.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just downloaded the new update v0.3.0 and it works now!
    So it works on speaker but when I try to play through my buds pro then it won't process.
    Try disabling LDAC.
    A possible light at the end of the tunnel is this project, they are aiming to reverse engineer Viper and modernise the files (hopefully that means using x64!). We'll just have to monitor the progress....

Hi! I'm one of the guys working on that project, and I can already tell you it's going smoothly :)

We have a few effects already working (although some extra work will be needed to check if they are 1:1, any small change in the code can lead to huge changes in audio quality).

My initial goal was indeed creating a 64 bit version of it, and also removing the need for pathing selinux (and yep, i was able to achieve that, no selinux patches needed amymore).

Overall it's looking good but I don't own a Pixel 7 Pro so I'll need some volunteers to test it once it's ready :)
    Hey! Quick update, I released an alpha build, you can find it here: https://github.com/AndroidAudioMods/ViPER4AndroidApp/releases/

It's just a test build, many things won't work, the app might crash if trying to load a preset, etc. Follow the instructions in the release to install it. Do not use any other audio mod, no AML or anything.
    I use wavelet and it works really well. Always had trouble getting v4a working
    thanks. downloaded jamesDSP and works fine. How can I get the best sound settings? Do you have any tips ?
    There really is no such thing as "best" sound settings. Sound is very subjective. What sounds good to one person may sound bad to another. Also, music genre plays a roll in how you set your sound up, as well as the type of device you are listening through (e.g. one brand/model of earbud will sound different than another and therefore adjustments will have to be made to that specific earbud).

Best is to just play around with the settings until you come up with something you like.
    V4A doesn't currently work on the Pixel 6 or 7 series running stock Android 13. Some have said it is working on the Pixel 7 Pro running the Corvus rom.
    I can confirm, I have it running on my Pixel 7 Pro with Corvus. No issues with Viper repackaged.... and the sound is fantastic ;-)