Question V4A working yet?

Search This thread

hllywd

Jan 29, 2011
Has anyone gotten viper4android to work on 9pro global yet? I've tried several versions with no luck.

Reactions: stryver
Has anyone gotten viper4android to work on 9pro global yet? I've tried several versions with no luck.
There is a thread in here in reference to this very topic. You have to install more than just Viper to get the drivers to install. The thread I referred to says to install JamesDSP, reboot, install the DeWitt version on the Viper app (2.7.2.1 I think) it'll prompt you to install the drivers, reboot and done. I had mixed results with this method, sometimes the processing would just stop, start, stop....
I install AML v4.0 first, install Ainur Sauron, reboot, install Viper apk, the drivers, reboot, Dolby Digital Plus reboot and done. You can remove the Ainur Sauron module after all that if your so inclined, the Dolby Digital Plus isn't necessary either but it all works flawlessly.

vibrantliker

Install in order

Viper4androidFX via Magisk
Reboot
Audio Modification Library via magisk
Reboot
Push the file (extract from the zip) to data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/ that i have uploaded and set permission 644
(it should now be data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/post-fs-data.sh)
Reboot
Open viper, set to legacy mode, then check if status is now normal

Amazingly this has been working on all my phones with A11

Attachments

• post-fs-data.zip
    566 bytes · Views: 61
Feb 10, 2013
This is the process that worked for me:

Uninstall any previous versions of Viper and other audio mods

Install SELinuxModeChanger or use another method to change your SELinux to permissive

Install Audio Modification Library from Magisk > Reboot

Install Audio Compatibility Patch from Magisk > Reboot

Install Viper4Android 2.7.2.1 from Magisk > DONT REBOOT

Open the newly installed Viper app and download the drivers > Reboot

Open Viper and hit the Settings in the top right
Turn on Legacy Mode

Good Luck

Reactions: bulletbling

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
Yes, you just need to install the "Ainur Narsil" and "Audio Mod Library" modules in magisk first. Reboot, then install viper. Good luck!
This worked for me! I had to disable AML, reboot, re-enable, reboot as additional steps but got it working at the end of the day. Thank you a ton for this, I've been trying to get V4A to work ever since I got this phone. JamesDSP works and has been fine but I much prefer the UI of V4A.

Seems like the EQ isn't doing anything but the master limiter seems to increase the overall volume so that's a good sign.

Thanks again!

Reactions: stryver

HubertGT

Nov 26, 2016
How about full dolby atmos (not talking about dolby digital Plus). Has somebody managed to get it work finally ?

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
This one worked for me thanks
Would you be so kind and post a link what version on v4a did you install?
One more question z before I screw up something :)
To install v4a:
1. Install Ainur Narsil in magisk,
2. reboot.
3. Install Audio Mod Library
3. Reboot
4. Install v4a
is it correct?

bulletbling

Jan 14, 2013

Install SELinuxModeChanger or use another method to change your SELinux to permissive

Turn on Legacy Mode

Good Luck
How I did it but still needed to modify the data/adb/modules/ViPER4Android/post-fs-data.sh upon subsequent tries after removing magisk and reinstalling.

netgar

Jan 14, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210514-190231.jpg
    Screenshot_20210514-190231.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 55

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
Ok, made it work.
Thank you
Now I have another problem.
For some reason v4a doesn't see my presets in viper4android.
Any suggestions?
Anyone was able to run presets ?
For some reason my v4a can not see
presets
I copied presets to android/data folder and nothing. I noticed that v4a is not detecting my presets folders. Tried everything.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you just need to install the "Ainur Narsil" and "Audio Mod Library" modules in magisk first. Reboot, then install viper. Good luck!

Turn on Legacy Mode

Good Luck
    This worked for me! I had to disable AML, reboot, re-enable, reboot as additional steps but got it working at the end of the day. Thank you a ton for this, I've been trying to get V4A to work ever since I got this phone. JamesDSP works and has been fine but I much prefer the UI of V4A.

Seems like the EQ isn't doing anything but the master limiter seems to increase the overall volume so that's a good sign.

Thanks again!
    This one worked for me thanks