V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root

Search This thread

prinsg21214

Apr 21, 2022
Hello,
After I got mine on A12, I can't get boot on my bootloader. I tried the "adb reboot bootloader" and hold volume down, But it still says on developer options that my bootloader is unlocked and I still get the "Lock the bootloader" notice.
V600TM30b - Not Rooted
Thanks

racer8dan

Dec 4, 2015
I was able to follow the guide for making the system R/W, but im still not able to remove system apps, has anyone had success with this?

Falkentyne

Aug 30, 2018
Just clarifying it, deleting and erasing is the same in edl. What you should not be doing is selecting the option to erase whole flash, that erases everything.

Leronex_1:
Thank you for your guides and help.
But I can't verify: Can a Verizon (or even a T-mobile) V60 be flashed to "EA" firmware and still used (on verizon or T-mobile) without getting the 0x5319, OPID mismatch error?

Example: "0x5319, OPID mismatch, NA1_US to COM1_EU, ID Unlock first. [ERR : 0x2]"

From what I read on the reddit thread and elsewhere, a crossflash from USA to EA will always fail but USA To USA should work...I apologize if I'm asking a dumb or irresponsible question.

Thanks!

MrLeronex

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
Leronex_1:
Thank you for your guides and help.
But I can't verify: Can a Verizon (or even a T-mobile) V60 be flashed to "EA" firmware and still used (on verizon or T-mobile) without getting the 0x5319, OPID mismatch error?

Example: "0x5319, OPID mismatch, NA1_US to COM1_EU, ID Unlock first. [ERR : 0x2]"

From what I read on the reddit thread and elsewhere, a crossflash from USA to EA will always fail but USA To USA should work...I apologize if I'm asking a dumb or irresponsible question.

Thanks!
i can confirm using the crossflash guide it works 100% on every v60

Reactions: Falkentyne

Aroy48

Mar 29, 2018
Misc Fixes:

1. Open the dialer and dial: ` *#546368#*600# ` | Verizon (V600VM): ##228378 (+ send)
  2. SVC Menu > Handprint > HandID Logging = ON | ON VERIZON SKIP THIS STEP
  3. Device Test > SAAT > Service Menu – Manual test > Optical Fingerprint test Complete the test and when a green circle shows tap it, when you see a button “pass” click it. At the end it should fail so just click the “fail” button when there is no “pass” button anymore. Start the test by clicking "start", then hold the green circle with your finger till the test finishes. On the last test it will fail so just click on "fail".
  4. Repeat 3 times and try adding a fingerprint, if fingerprint still does not work just restart and retry again.
  1. Download system systemrw_1.31d_BUNDLE.zip from https://xdaforums.com/t/script-android-10-universal-mount-system-read-write-r-w.4247311/
  2. Place folder systemrw_1.31d in /data/local/tmp on the phone
  3. Place sysrw_repair_v1.31d on your linux machine
  4. Go to adb shell, su and then do "chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/systemrw.sh"
  5. Then in adb shell do cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d and do ./systemrw.sh size=15 or 20 and wait till its done
  6. Go to the linux machine and cd to sysrw_repair_v1.31d from step 3
  7. Connect adb with your phone and make sure to not accidentally disconnect it (This will take a while)
  8. In the sysrw_repair_v1.31d directory, do sudo ./sysrw_repair.sh and make sure your Linux machine has at least 25gb Storage space, this process will take more or less 30 mins depending on how fast the machine is
When its done it should start flashing in fastboot automatically.
Make sure to follow the guide to make /system rw or else you will end up in a non bootable system!

1. Add these lines below to your build.prop (First set permissions on the build.prop so you can write it)

Code:
Debug Options
persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

Make sure to set the Permissions back to chmod 600
2. Reboot, go to settings > Networks > Calls > Enable WIFI Calling
3. If it won't turn on by itself you might need to enter the Service menu and go to SVC Menu > VoWIFI > WIFI Calling Toggle = 1
Credit: Leronex (Discord), Leronex_1 (XDA)
You must make /system RW using the guide above

1. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.rctprovider
2. adb reboot bootloader, fastboot erase rct, Reboot to System
3. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.srtc
4. Download and install the Magisk module: https://github.com/null-dev/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk/raw/master/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk.zip, then reboot the phone.
5. Delete /mnt/product/persist-lg/rct folder

Done, how to check if it is disabled? "Adb shell", "su" and "getprop | grep rct". If it shows nothing as output that means the service is not running. After that check the service menu *#546368#*600# > SVC Menu > LG RCT (Has to say Disabled)
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgdmsclient
On TMO After 20j:
Code:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.android.atservice
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.gdec.client
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgfota.permission
adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.pickme
Code:
adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.phonemanagement
1. Download and install QPST, when installed launch it and select the firehose and Nand type e.g. UFS.

2. Download and install this LGUP from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxecFNYK2Lr7w1HVg-mNIGEoVa8CSHFt/view?usp=sharing . In the installer select "Install LG Drivers"

3. Put phone into edl mode, here is how: Hold Vol- and pwr, when the screen turns black keep holding them and Repeatedly press vol+ You will see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in device manager when it is in edl. If the screen shows anything after reboot, instantly retry again.

4. When it is in EDL Mode, open partition manager and make a backup of these partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

5. After backing up, erase the same partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

6. Now after erasing it is sort of important to not let it boot to android, and instead boot to download mode. Here is how: force reboot with vol- and pwr button. As soon as it disconnects from windows, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and hold Vol+ to get into Download Mode.

7. When it enters Download mode, open LGUP and select partition DL. Select your favourite V60 KDZ too.

8. Click on start, then it will prompt you to select partitions that can be flashed, select every partition EXCEPT "SID_A SID_B AND ABL_A ABL_B" then confirm. (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK "SELECT ALL" IT IS BUGGED AND WILL FLASH ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN IF UNSELECTED AFTER)

9. Let it install, after that you should be done, hidden menu won't work but you can install this apk to be able to enter hidden menu and fix the fingerprint on an unlocked bootloader. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-7BQ_Jlmi-5tpbMg383LaiYr5YjTmqQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Trying to crossflash from ATT to Global but its coming with an error.

Pls help

Attachments

• crossflashing error.png
    crossflashing error.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 118

unAWARE

Oct 28, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
OK, so I recently switched carriers from Verizon to USMobile, and because the Verizon model demands to check in with Verizon before hotspot will enable, it won't work even though I have it on my USMobile plan AND the SIM I'm using is connecting to Verizon service as evidenced by the APN settings I had to plug in.

To get my hotspot running, do I need to flash a different ROM to my V60? Is there a module I can run instead to bypass needing a different ROM? Am I just being a total n00b missing an APN setting USMobile didn't list? I know NetShare is a thing, but the VPN I use for work doesn't play nice when I have to set up the proxy for it and work is the primary reason I even want hotspot.

For reference, I haven't rooted or unlocked my bootloader yet, depending on how you guys answer will determine if I do or not. I've been kinda out of the whole rooting game since the Nexus 5/6 days.

MrLeronex

May 6, 2019
AT&T LG G6
LG G8
OK, so I recently switched carriers from Verizon to USMobile, and because the Verizon model demands to check in with Verizon before hotspot will enable, it won't work even though I have it on my USMobile plan AND the SIM I'm using is connecting to Verizon service as evidenced by the APN settings I had to plug in.

To get my hotspot running, do I need to flash a different ROM to my V60? Is there a module I can run instead to bypass needing a different ROM? Am I just being a total n00b missing an APN setting USMobile didn't list? I know NetShare is a thing, but the VPN I use for work doesn't play nice when I have to set up the proxy for it and work is the primary reason I even want hotspot.

For reference, I haven't rooted or unlocked my bootloader yet, depending on how you guys answer will determine if I do or not. I've been kinda out of the whole rooting game since the Nexus 5/6 days.
I have no idea, but my guess is its based on the firmware

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
Yes AT&T has VoLTE,but their servers are setup only to authorize IMS settings to devices branded as AT&T and a handful of others such as Pixels,Samsungs,and Iphones work no problem.Then certain Samsungs still won't work because of their models.

Reactions: thaianhpsp

deathglass

Nov 27, 2021
I heard that ABL is what determines the model number. O think the engineering bootloader provided is changing the model number to LMV600VM? Is there a way to change this for crossflashing other versions without having compatibility issues?

Stevenson23

May 17, 2022
1. Download and install QPST, when installed launch it and select the firehose and Nand type e.g. UFS.

2. Download and install this LGUP from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxecFNYK2Lr7w1HVg-mNIGEoVa8CSHFt/view?usp=sharing . In the installer select "Install LG Drivers"

3. Put phone into edl mode, here is how: Hold Vol- and pwr, when the screen turns black keep holding them and Repeatedly press vol+ You will see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in device manager when it is in edl. If the screen shows anything after reboot, instantly retry again.

4. When it is in EDL Mode, open partition manager and make a backup of these partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

5. After backing up, erase the same partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

6. Now after erasing it is sort of important to not let it boot to android, and instead boot to download mode. Here is how: force reboot with vol- and pwr button. As soon as it disconnects from windows, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and hold Vol+ to get into Download Mode.

7. When it enters Download mode, open LGUP and select partition DL. Select your favourite V60 KDZ too.

8. Click on start, then it will prompt you to select partitions that can be flashed, select every partition EXCEPT "SID_A SID_B AND ABL_A ABL_B" then confirm. (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK "SELECT ALL" IT IS BUGGED AND WILL FLASH ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN IF UNSELECTED AFTER)

9. Let it install, after that you should be done, hidden menu won't work but you can install this apk to be able to enter hidden menu and fix the fingerprint on an unlocked bootloader. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-7BQ_Jlmi-5tpbMg383LaiYr5YjTmqQ/view?usp=drivesdk

I was following this method, and on step 5. I accidently pressed erase flash instead just erase, and then I booted to download mode and Im stuck now. What should i do?

This is what I get now when i try to go to partition manager again

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 89

przemhb

As A12 KDZs are available now I am wondering if someone who upgraded the way could describe how to safely do this?
I guess one would have to flash system partition from the A12 KDZ to the phone and leave data partition intact to upgrade without data loss. My starting point is unlocked and magisk rooted A11 (POC).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Earlier today I was alerted to https://www.cnblogs.com/yanhua-tj/p/15525593.html which has the actual firehose and steps to unlock! However it seems to be in Simplified Chinese so I'll translate it here for you.

The firehose is attached below.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages this may cause as I am merely translating the guide, I am not responsible for you bricking your device because of a missed step so read carefully,

Also, Please backup your data beforehand as this does wipe the phone. Also please note that if you are on android 11 LG Backup will not work after unlocking, neither does the LG Bridge tool.

***IF YOU WANT ANDROID 12, UPDATE BEFORE ROOTING, I HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS FINE***

Requirements:
    1. Get QPST Here
    2. Get the FIrehose Here
    3. Engineering Bootloader Here
    4. Adb and Fastboot Here
    5. Qualcomm Drivers Here (When installing make sure to select wwan)
    6. Frp with oem unlock bit set for Verizon Here Not for demo units!
    7. Slight knowledge of the command line
    8. A Brain
    Steps:
    1. If you already have it unhidden go to Developer Options under Settings -> System and enable OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging. If you don't see Developer Options go to Settings => System => About Phone => Software Information and tap Build Number until it either asks you for your password or says you are a developer at the bottom. Verizon Users: You will not see the oem unlock option, we will fix this later in this guide.
    2. 2) Get it into 9008 Mode: (This may take several tries)
      1. Make sure you are connected to your computer via USB.
      2. Hold Volume Down and Power until it shuts off
      3. Now here's the tricky part, as soon as the screen turns off, immediately start tapping volume up quickly, but do not let go of volume down and power, if you did it successfully you will see your screen is off but it appears either in Device Manager or Windows plays the Device Connected sound.
    3. Open and Configure QFIL as shown below:
      20211108182212.png
    4. After that click Browse and select the Firehose you downloaded earlier
      20211108173502.png
    5. Next go to the Tools menu at the top then select Partition Manager (If this errors please reboot back into edl using the steps mentioned above!)
    6. 20211108173843.png
    7. After that wait for QFIL to connect then a new window will pop up. FInd abl_a and abl_b, right click on each and click Manage Partition. First thing you want to do for each is click Read Data. This will back them up in case of anything going wrong. QFIl will tell you where it stores them. Then for each click Load Image and select the Engineering Bootloader you downloaded from before.
      20211108174205.png
      20211108174320.png
    8. Once you get that done for both abl_a and abl_b click close on both the Raw Data Manager and Partition Manager and wait for QFIL to say Finish Reset to EDL in the logs at the bottom.
    9. Now it's time to get into Fastboot.
      1. Press and Hold Power and Volume Down for 9 seconds
      2. Once you either see it disappear from QFIL or you hear it disconnect from your PC, let go of power, until you see Fastboot Mode on your Phone's screen.
      3. Open the command prompt on your computer.
    10. Once it's in fastboot verify if fastboot can see it by doing fastboot devices, if it can't see it troubleshoot here:
      1. Check your USB Connection
      2. Double check you installed the adb and fastboot stuff from earlier in the post
      3. There may be a chance WIndows doesn't recognize it properly. So follow these steps:
        1. Open Device Manager by doing Windows + X and clicking Device Manager
        2. There may be an already open row that says Unknown Devies
        3. Right click on android and select Update Drivers
        4. Select Browse my computer for drivers
        5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers
        6. Select Android Device
        7. Select Android Bootloader Interface
        8. Click Ok on the pop up
        9. Once that finishes double check the phone can be seen in fastboot devices
    11. Now here comes the fun part, unlocking! Please make sure you have your data backed up.
      1. If you are on verizon (and it's not a demo unit)
        1. Make sure you downloaded the file from above for the unlocked frp
        2. Do fastboot flash frp frp.img
        3. Do fastboot reboot and let it boot into android once, no need to set it up
        4. Reboot back to Fastboot using step 9
        5. Do fastboot oem unlock
        6. Select Unlock the Bootloader using volume down and power, your phone will wipe and reboot
      2. On any other variant
        1. Do fastboot oem unlock
        2. Select Unlock the Bootloader, your phone will wipe and reboot
    12. And that's it! Rooting guide will be on post 3.
    If you have any questions or feel like this is too complicated, please don't hesitate to contact us {Mod edit}
    Rooting with Magisk:
    You need to have already done the unlock mentioned above
    1. Go back to the guide and go all the way to the Partition Manager part, but don't flash anything.
    2. Now find and right click boot_a, click Manage Partition Data, and click Read Data do the same for boot_b.
    3. Wait for that to finish, when it does QFIL will tell you where it stored it.
    4. Grab the file and place it somewhere as a backup.
    5. Rename it to something like boot_a.img and boot_b.img
    6. Either use an existing device with Magisk or restart your device and install the magisk app from Here (make sure to download the Magisk-v2x.x.apk)
    7. Transfer the images you got to your phone in whatever method you'd like.
    8. In the Magisk App where it says Magisk, click Install, then choose Select and Patch a File. Make sure to patch both boot images separately!
    9. Wait for that to finish, after that transfer the modified image back to wherever you want to keep it. To make it easier rename it to something like MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and MagiskPatchedBoot_b.img
    10. Get into fastboot by Either:
      1. Shutting the phone off, and holding volume down while plugging in the usb cable
      2. Do adb reboot bootloader if you have adb debugging setup.
    11. Now in the directory of your patched image do fastboot flash boot_a MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and fastboot flash boot_b MagiskPatchedImage_b.img
    12. Now do fastboot reboot and you're golden!
    Misc Fixes:

1. Open the dialer and dial: ` *#546368#*600# ` | Verizon (V600VM): ##228378 (+ send)
    2. SVC Menu > Handprint > HandID Logging = ON | ON VERIZON SKIP THIS STEP
    3. Device Test > SAAT > Service Menu – Manual test > Optical Fingerprint test Complete the test and when a green circle shows tap it, when you see a button “pass” click it. At the end it should fail so just click the “fail” button when there is no “pass” button anymore. Start the test by clicking "start", then hold the green circle with your finger till the test finishes. On the last test it will fail so just click on "fail".
    4. Repeat 3 times and try adding a fingerprint, if fingerprint still does not work just restart and retry again.
    1. Download system systemrw_1.31d_BUNDLE.zip from https://xdaforums.com/t/script-android-10-universal-mount-system-read-write-r-w.4247311/
    2. Place folder systemrw_1.31d in /data/local/tmp on the phone
    3. Place sysrw_repair_v1.31d on your linux machine
    4. Go to adb shell, su and then do "chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/systemrw.sh"
    5. Then in adb shell do cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d and do ./systemrw.sh size=15 or 20 and wait till its done
    6. Go to the linux machine and cd to sysrw_repair_v1.31d from step 3
    7. Connect adb with your phone and make sure to not accidentally disconnect it (This will take a while)
    8. In the sysrw_repair_v1.31d directory, do sudo ./sysrw_repair.sh and make sure your Linux machine has at least 25gb Storage space, this process will take more or less 30 mins depending on how fast the machine is
    When its done it should start flashing in fastboot automatically.
    Make sure to follow the guide to make /system rw or else you will end up in a non bootable system!

1. Add these lines below to your build.prop (First set permissions on the build.prop so you can write it)

Code:
    Debug Options
    persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
    persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
    persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
    persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

Make sure to set the Permissions back to chmod 600
    2. Reboot, go to settings > Networks > Calls > Enable WIFI Calling
    3. If it won't turn on by itself you might need to enter the Service menu and go to SVC Menu > VoWIFI > WIFI Calling Toggle = 1
    Credit: Leronex (Discord), Leronex_1 (XDA)
    You must make /system RW using the guide above

1. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.rctprovider
    2. adb reboot bootloader, fastboot erase rct, Reboot to System
    3. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.srtc
    4. Download and install the Magisk module: https://github.com/null-dev/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk/raw/master/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk.zip, then reboot the phone.
    5. Delete /mnt/product/persist-lg/rct folder

Done, how to check if it is disabled? "Adb shell", "su" and "getprop | grep rct". If it shows nothing as output that means the service is not running. After that check the service menu *#546368#*600# > SVC Menu > LG RCT (Has to say Disabled)
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgdmsclient
    On TMO After 20j:
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.android.atservice
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.gdec.client
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgfota.permission
    adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.pickme
    Code:
    adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.phonemanagement

Crimson,
    Incredible. As far as I can tell, this is the only legitimate write-up for rooting a V60 on the internet. THANK YOU for all the time you put into solving this for people world-wide to benefit from.
    I was able to (finally) Root my T-Mo USA V60, after three attempts and one totally dark bricked phone. There are a lot of very bright programmers like yourself on this forum, but there's actually a good percentage of average guys like myself who just visit once in a while to upgrade their phones, but don't make a living at it.
    So, my gift to you - for helping me out with my new phone - is a slight re-write of your excellent post so that normal guys like me might understand the process a little better. This (I hope) might also cut down on all the "Help me!" responses you receive on this thread, which take up your time and make you wish you never posted anything! I hope that you see this as a supplement - all of the original knowledge in the post is still all yours. It may be helpful to edit your original post with any sections of the following (you'll need to work around the images), which you are welcome to do without needing to give any credit - you gave plenty already!

Here you go:

Please backup your data beforehand as this does wipe the phone. Also please note that if you are on android 11 LG Backup will not work after unlocking, neither does the LG Bridge tool.

***IF YOU WANT ANDROID 12, UPDATE BEFORE ROOTING, I HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS FINE***

All the tools you need are listed below:

1. Get QPST Here and install it to your Windows PC
    2. Get the FIrehose Here
    3. Engineering Bootloader Here
    4. Adb and Fastboot are Here, run and install the .exe files as administrator.
    5. Qualcomm Drivers are Here, install them making sure to select wwan.
    6. Frp with oem unlock bit set for Verizon Here Not for demo units!
    7. Slight knowledge of the command line
    This will be a two-step process.

• To unlock the bootloader (required for root), we are going to use software included in the QPST Suite to replace two abl files in the Partition Manager.
    • Once the bootloader is unlocked, we will use Magisk to modify two boot files, and then flash those modified files over the originals on your phone using Fastboot. That’s it!

Steps to Unlock bootloader:

1. Set up Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone.
    If you already have it unhidden, go to Developer Options under Settings -> System and enable OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging. If you don't see Developer Options go to Settings => System => About Phone => Software Information and tap Build Number until it either asks you for your password or says you are a developer at the bottom. Verizon Users: You will not see the oem unlock option, we will fix this later in this guide.

1. Put your V60 into 9008 (EDL) Mode: (This may take several tries)
      1. Make sure the phone is connected to your computer via USB (Original LG USB cable preferred)
      2. Hold Volume Down and Power until the phone shuts off.
      3. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately start tapping volume up quickly, but do not let go of volume down and power. If you did it successfully you will see your screen is off but the phone appears either in Device Manager, or Windows plays the Device Connected sound.
      4. Let’s confirm that the phone has installed with the correct driver for EDL
        1. Open Device Manager on your PC by tapping the Windows button + X and clicking Device Manager.
        2. Your V60 should be listed as “Android Device” at the top, or in USB ports. Check that is installed with the “QD Loader 9008” driver.
    2. The QPST program you installed is actually a suite of different softwares. In your Windows Start menu, click the down arrow next to QPST and find QFIL. Open QFIL and click “Select Port” on the top right. In the window that opens, select your phone and click Okay. If there is no phone listed, you either have a connection problem (cable?) or a driver problem.
    3. Now, at the top of the window, click Configuration=>Firehose Configuration. Set up your Download (Firehose) configuration as follows:

1. When you’re done with that, click okay, and in the original window, select “Flat Build” under “Build Type”. Then click Browse and select the Firehose you downloaded earlier.

1. Now we are going to have QFIL read the contents of the phone so we can find and modify two files. Click on the Tools menu at the top and select Partition Manager (If this errors please reboot back into EDL using the steps mentioned above!)

1. You will see a log file created in the “Status” box at the bottom of the window, then a new window will pop up labeled “Partition Manager”. Scroll through the list until you find “abl_a” and “abl_b”. Right click on each individually and click “Manage Partition”.
    2. A new, smaller window will pop up labeled “Raw Data Manager”. First thing you want to do for each is click Read Data. This will back them up in case anything goes wrong. The backed up file location will be at the bottom of the “Status” box, so make note of it after reading each file. Then for each, click Load Image, and select the Engineering Bootloader you downloaded from before.

1. If you chose the wrong file or delete something, you can restore the original file by going to Raw Data Manager=>Load Image and replacing your mistake with the original file that was backed up (Read). The originals will be stored in C\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\[the comport you were plugged in to]. If you hover over the filename, it will give you a time saved, which will help you to locate the one you’re looking for. (Don’t ask me how I know this) :)
    2. Once you get that done for both abl_a and abl_b, click close on both the Raw Data Manager and Partition Manager and wait for QFIL to say “Finish - Reset to EDL” in the logs at the bottom. We are done with QFIL, but keep it open for the next step.
    3. Now it's time to get our phone into Fastboot.
      1. Staying connected to your PC, press and Hold Power and Volume Down for 9 seconds
      2. Once you either see the phone disappear from QFIL or you hear it disconnect from your PC, let go of power, until you see Fastboot Mode on your Phone's screen.
      3. Open the command prompt on your computer as administrator.
    4. Verify that fastboot can see the phone by typing “fastboot devices”, (don’t type the quotation marks in the command line). If fastboot can communicate with your phone, it will return with a line describing the V60 model. If it can’t see your V60, we need to:
      1. Check your USB Connection
      2. Check that you installed the adb and fastboot stuff from earlier in the post
      3. Go to your Device manager again.
        1. You may find your phone under “Android” at the top, or in Unknown Devices, or listed in USB ports.
        2. When you find it, right click on it and select Update Drivers.
        3. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
        4. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
        5. Select Android Device.
        6. Select Android Bootloader Interface.
        7. Click Ok on the pop up
    5. Now here comes the fun part, unlocking!
    6. Please make sure you have your data backed up!
      1. If you are on Verizon (and it's not a demo unit)
        1. Make sure you downloaded the file from above for the unlocked frp
        2. In the command line, type “fastboot flash frp frp.img” (no quotes)
        3. Then type “fastboot reboot” and let it boot into android once, no need to set it up.
        4. Reboot the phone back to Fastboot using step 9.
        5. Type “fastboot oem unlock”.
        6. On your phone, select “Unlock the Bootloader” using the Volume Down and Power buttons; your phone will wipe and reboot
      2. On any other variant
        1. In the command line, type “fastboot oem unlock”
        2. On your phone, select “Unlock the Bootloader”; your phone will wipe and reboot
    7. You’re unlocked! Rooting guide will be on post 3.
    Steps to Root the V60 Once it’s Unlocked:

Rooting with Magisk:
    You need to have already done the unlock mentioned above

1. Go back to the bootloader unlocking guide and go all the way to the Partition Manager part, but don't flash anything.
    2. Now find and right click on boot_a, click Manage Partition Data, and click Read Data. Do the same for boot_b. This will save each file to a folder on your PC.
    3. After each “Read”, note the filename and location at the bottom of the Status box. Again, they will be saved to: C\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\[the comport you were plugged in to]. The saved filenames will be unrelated to abl_a or abl_b, but if you wait a couple of minutes between each Read, you will also be able to tell which was saved first by hovering over the saved files and seeing the time they were saved.
    4. Copy each saved file to an easily accessible folder on your PC.
    5. Rename the extracted files “boot_a.img” and “boot_b.img”.
    6. Either use an existing device with Magisk installed, or restart your V60 with Magisk on it (make sure you have the most recent Magisk-v2x.x.apk). We’re just going to use Magisk to modify the abl files and then transfer them back to our PC, so Magisk does not have to be on the V60 you are rooting.
    7. Transfer the boot_a and boot_b images from your PC to a convenient folder on the Magisk-equipped device.
    8. In the top half of the Magisk App, where it says Magisk, click “Install”, then choose “Select and Patch a File”. Locate the boot_a and boot_b img files you saved to your device and select one. Magisk will modify the file, and write the new modified file to the same folder the original is in. Make sure to patch both boot images separately!
    9. When both files are modified, transfer the patched images back to the same folder as the originals on your PC . To make it easier to identify the patched images, you can rename them to something like MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and MagiskPatchedBoot_b.img
    10. Now, get the V60 that we are rooting into fastboot mode by either:
      1. Shutting the phone off, and holding volume down while plugging in the usb cable, or
      2. Type “adb reboot bootloader” in the command line if you have adb debugging setup.
    11. Check your device manager again on your PC to confirm that the V60 is communicating with your PC via an Android Bootloader Interface driver as in step 12 in the Unlocking instructions.
    12. Open the folder in which you have saved your Magisk patched boot images. In the directory path at the top (underneath the File-Home-Share-View tabs), click on a white space and then type “cmd” and Enter. This will open a command prompt window already set to the folder you are in.
    13. Type “fastboot flash boot_a MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img” (use whatever filename you named YOUR patched image to) and “fastboot flash boot_b MagiskPatchedImage_b.img” (no quotes). You’re telling the Fastboot program to re-write the boot_a and boot_b files on your V60 with the modified files you created in Magisk.
    14. That’s it! Before you unplug your phone, type “fastboot reboot” and let your phone reboot to a normal lock screen. You are ROOTED! After all this, don’t go bricking your phone by deleting the wrong things!! :)
    Hey! I'm in the same situation as you, carrier unlocked ATT ebayed to Europe, stuck on A10. Were you be able to crossflash? If so, i would thank you deeply for a quick rundown on the steps :)
    2. Download and install this LGUP from here: . In the installer select "Install LG Drivers"

8. 8. Click on start, then it will prompt you to select partitions that can be flashed, select every partition EXCEPT "SID_A SID_B AND ABL_A ABL_B" then confirm.
      (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK "SELECT ALL" IT IS BUGGED AND WILL FLASH ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN IF UNSELECTED AFTER)
    9. Let it install, after that you should be done, hidden menu won't work but you can install this apk to be able to enter hidden menu and fix the fingerprint on an unlocked bootloader.

Written by: Leronex