V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root

Search This thread

Dewsy

Jan 16, 2010
dewsy.blogspot.hu
if your unit exactly Att then this will work flawless, bootloop because you comeback from other version (you can solve bootloop by hard factory reset with button).
btw, bring download mode back and flash KDZ is bestest way to full recovery partitions of the phone.
but there is no kdz of Att version rightnow.
so only 1way to clean back to Att stock is follow that method with Qfil.
* NOTE: Be careful for keep your imei and modem partitions.
Yes, after a long day of triing, i made it work. And i'm on Android 12!

Jun 26, 2013
Drivers is my first bet! 2nd is do u have the correct firehose? some1 handing out one that ends in ddr which is WRONG! (wasnt fun figuring that out) I linked a correct lge firehose for the lg v60 (lgv600xx). There is 2 driver pack that wont work and one will properly work w/o manual updating. So rip all drivers out if they were installed LG & QC then re-install. Suspect Win11 issue in my case.

No "Bangs" in driver manager, verify file/firehose, reboot phone back into EDL mode. Sometimes an operation or windows can shat itself. If it was working b4 just reboot phone back to edl. Sux b/c cant use adb or anything except button dance. Hope it helps!
Hey Bug,

Thanks for your response. I run Windows 10, not Windows 11, which was indicated in my initial posting. Pretty sure I have the correct OEM LG Drivers installed. The firehose I downloaded is the one provided in the initial posting of this entire thread by crimsonrommer. You stated that you linked the correct lge firehouse, however, I do not see that link. Could you please provide the link you referred to in response to my inquiry? Thank you.

I don't understand what any of this means, "No "Bangs" in driver manager, verify file/firehose, reboot phone back into EDL mode. Sometimes an operation or windows can shat itself. If it was working b4 just reboot phone back to edl. Sux b/c cant use adb or anything except button dance. Hope it helps!"

What does "No "Bangs" mean? What does "shat" mean? What does "button dance" mean? I'm an old-school American that was born in 1975 and am not privy to all of this modern generation's loose side-talking jargon.

Jun 26, 2013
Greetings,

First let me clearly state my gratitude to you for dedicating your time and effort to providing what seems to be the ONLY available such guide for the LG V60 (there are dozens of such guides available to the LG V20). Your efforts for creating and sharing this forum is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU!

Now, I have a number of issues that are preventing me from completing the task of both unlocking the bootloader and crossflashing from V600VM to US Cellular Unlocked V600TM20g.

First issue; Partition Manager remains greyed out and therefore inaccessible under the "Tools" drop-down menu via the QFIL tool.

Second issue; The dreaded issue with "android_winub" as in receiving the Android ADB Interface "This device cannot start. (Code 10) error message.

Pertaining to the aforementioned issues, I've performed a fair amount of basic troubleshooting steps. Restarted laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, changed USB cables, went into the registry, and confirmed that the lower filter and upper filter were not present. None of these troubleshooting methods resolved the issue and therefore "Partition Manager" remains greyed out and inaccessible in QFIL. The only good part is that "Quectel QDLoader 9008 (COM3) is showing up under ports after I changed the USB cable. If someone has figured this out, please share the solution.

Third issue; some of your instructions are difficult to follow. For instance, "Do fastboot flash frp frp.img". What do you mean by "Do"? How and what am I supposed to do with "Do"? Do what exactly? How do I execute "fastboot flash frp frp.img"? I don't know how to execute this command without your specific instruction. Most of your steps begin with "Do" and I don't clearly know what that means. Please elaborate more in your instructions that simply state "Do". Thank you.

My phone system details:
Android Version 11
Software version V600VM20f
Model Number LM-V600VM Verizon (I really hate Verizon's default preinstalled bloatwares, which is why I want to crossflash to US Cellular Unlocked.).

FYI; This phone is an upgrade from my LG V20 V995 crossflashed to US996. For the LG V20, I followed these links to achieve unlocking the bootloader, crossflashing the firmware versions, installing TWRP, and rooting with Magisk are as followed:

Following these aforementioned guides allowed me to easily figure out how to properly unlocked and crossflash my LG V20. Now I'm looking to do the same with my LG V60 but again, I'm struggling to follow your instructions as it's currently written. Please further advise accordingly. Thank you!
So at the end of the day, all I want to do is crossflash from LM-V600VM to V600TMO (Verizon to US Cellular via V600TM20g_00_USC_US_OP_0430.kdz). I have the correct LG USB Drivers via "LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.8.0", the correct firehose " prog__ufs_firehose_sm8250_lge.elf", and the correct partition manager program "QPST_2.7.496". However, the error message that I'm receiving in the partition manager is preventing me from achieving this objective.

My OS info: Edition Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1826.

Is there anyone that can further advise me as to what is possibly causing this particular error message and provide guidance on a troubleshoot workaround? Thank you.

Attachments

• V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root 06-19-2022.jpg
    V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root 06-19-2022.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 91
  • V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root 06-19-2022 (2).jpg
    V60 Bootloader Unlock and Magisk Root 06-19-2022 (2).jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2013
Hey Bug,

Thanks for your response. I run Windows 10, not Windows 11, which was indicated in my initial posting. Pretty sure I have the correct OEM LG Drivers installed. The firehose I downloaded is the one provided in the initial posting of this entire thread by crimsonrommer. You stated that you linked the correct lge firehouse, however, I do not see that link. Could you please provide the link you referred to in response to my inquiry? Thank you.

I don't understand what any of this means, "No "Bangs" in driver manager, verify file/firehose, reboot phone back into EDL mode. Sometimes an operation or windows can shat itself. If it was working b4 just reboot phone back to edl. Sux b/c cant use adb or anything except button dance. Hope it helps!"

What does "No "Bangs" mean? What does "shat" mean? What does "button dance" mean? I'm an old-school American that was born in 1975 and am not privy to all of this modern generation's loose side-talking jargon.
Bug,

I have the following firehose; "prog__ufs_firehose_sm8250_lge.elf". Again, this is the same firehose provided by crimsonrommer, the original creator of this particular thread.

Bug725

Jun 25, 2022
Bug,

I have the following firehose; "prog__ufs_firehose_sm8250_lge.elf". Again, this is the same firehose provided by crimsonrommer, the original creator of this particular thread.
Not a huge deal 10 or 11 as any Win8 driver will work. I guess all you really need is the QFIL driver.

Re-Check qfil config. The phone is in correct mode meaning if there is nothing shown on screen of phone.
*Always use port on back of computer and never any hubs.
*Try different cables.
*Maybe try a USB2 port vs USB 3 port.
*Disable Anti-Virus
* Perhaps shorten folder name and drop into root of drive? Im older and experienced enough to remember limits on filenames and no spaces policy. lol Its possible as its Windoze. Try making LG_v60 folder and drop in C or D and tell QFIL new location.
Perhaps if this is a work computer. That may remotely have usb or comm ports locked or weird IT security policy.
*Some BIOS have port opsec charge only/no data over usb/etc setting. My Lenovos have that.

Weird as it suggests a comm problem. I select part mgr and get: you sure you have right firehose? Click Yes, then some log scrolls and then it pops up partition mgr.
*Try selecting use verbose in firehose config area. this may give more details on error or a different one??? Only other thing could be an old QFIL or driver but doubtful as you already verified that other stuff. Ill attach versions. QFIL is 2.0.3.5 and QDLoader 2.1.3.5 oddly. I would like to know if you do solve this and solution.
I hope this helps. I know it can be frustrating.

Initial thought was:
The bangs or exclamations in device mgr mean your drivers are not working. You need separate drivers for normal/adb, FastBoot (specifically heinous) & download mode (lg up).

Attachments

• Screen_QFIL-BootLoader.png
    Screen_QFIL-BootLoader.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 56
Feb 15, 2011
I'm trying to write back my stock ABl_A and ABL_B using QFIL. I get an error every time I try to write back the stock ones. Should I attempt to write them back in FASTBOOT like we did with BOOT_A and BOOT_B?

Neofury212

Sep 24, 2010
OK, so Im on Verizon LM-V600VM....followed everything as described. no errors and everthing worked all the way to the end....BUT no root and Magisk not installed? no other problems everything seems fine but busybox, supersu etc say no root and Magisk installed=N/a, Zygisk=no, Ramdisk=yes. Suggestions?

Neofury212

Sep 24, 2010
OK, so Im on Verizon LM-V600VM....followed everything as described. no errors and everthing worked all the way to the end....BUT no root and Magisk not installed? no other problems everything seems fine but busybox, supersu etc say no root and Magisk installed=N/a, Zygisk=no, Ramdisk=yes. Suggestions?
Ok figured it out! Needed to pull the magisk modded img files from download folder! Worked! But now I cant find the darn magisk tether unlock module anymore ( vz gudp).:(

Eric janaika

Jul 12, 2019
Hey guys, having trouble getting the fingerprint reader working on my Verizon V60. I did the optical fingerprint test like in the 3rd post and also tried using a piece of white printer paper as well as tissue paper between my thumb and the green circle as suggested in other posts and can't pass the test. The pass button never shows up. I updated the phone to Android 12 (30b), still no luck. I relocked the bootloader and the fingerprint works again. With the bootloader locked I again went into the fingerprint test and still can't pass the test, even though the fingerprint scanner still works.

Any ideas? Also, any recommendations on a Verizon phone that a) can be rooted and b) has a micro sd card slot?

Update: Huh, I got it working. I was trying to take a screenshot of the test screen to show what wasn't working and pressing the vol- and pwr buttons before hitting the start button and the pass button just showed up. So I tapped it until it made a sound and did the test, and keep doing that. It still failed in the end but the fp reader works now.

Last edited:

Ahmad alsayad

Mar 8, 2019
IMG_20220722_011250_910_(1).jpg

Hello ... And I was trying crossflash kdz
T-Mobile V600TM10x for V600AM AT&t ..
And I got this on LGup ... If anyone know kdz will be crossflash for LG v60 at&t without error on LGUP " will be great if it was android 11" .....
note "Bootloader is ready unlocked"

vitalez06

Apr 25, 2020
Does anyone here know what is contained in the partitions that's asked to be backed up from the crossflashing guide? Namely ftm, sid_a/b, OP_a/b, and modem_a/b?

jerk0v

May 11, 2022
Haven't messed with it for a while because I was hoping for an update from Lebigmac but never got system RW working. I always got stuck in kernel panic loop and had to restore from stock kdz. Have root and unlock. Did anyone else have this problem or a fix?

infinitylook

May 26, 2013
What will you lose when unlocking bootloader of v60 (e.g. sony xperia sometimes loses camera quality or cameras stop working after). Is this the same for LG as well?

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
LG V60 ThinQ
What will you lose when unlocking bootloader of v60 (e.g. sony xperia sometimes loses camera quality or cameras stop working after). Is this the same for LG as well?
On LGV60:
- Lost user data ( ofcourse)
- Fingerprint will not work, need more step to fix it, but as i know (or i dont keep using it long time enough for calibrate it self) it will not accurate and fast like before.
- About Widevine certificate L1, dont care about it, LG V60 can switch from L1 to L3 after an ota update or no reason.

xyzyzaur

Nov 13, 2016
Trying to crossflash from ATT to Global but its coming with an error.

Pls help
I had the same issue so i flashed backed up partitions and got back to att... Have you managed to fix it? I even went to bootloop and i was scared af, luckily edl mode was still an option so backups helped. But still wanna go to a12 and i might give it a try if it's possible to do it.

KouaV1

Jun 22, 2015
LG V60 ThinQ
On LGV60:
- Lost user data ( ofcourse)
- Fingerprint will not work, need more step to fix it, but as i know (or i dont keep using it long time enough for calibrate it self) it will not accurate and fast like before.
- About Widevine certificate L1, dont care about it, LG V60 can switch from L1 to L3 after an ota update or no reason.
You can just do the easier way by setting up fingerprint during setup and then you won't have to do that annoying fingerprint enabler step in hidden menu. Have tested that through A10,A11, and A12. @crimsonrommer should really add that into the fingerprint sensor as another method for fingerprint.

1boy1dr

Nov 30, 2012
Can system RW be enabled on 12? I tried following the guide in misc fixes and the script said my android version isn't supported. I tried using superrepacker and I got errors that wouldn't go away after running it 4-5 times and it bricked my phone. After restoring with LGUP I went back to the guide in misc fixes and edited to script to run on android 12, which didn't brick my phone, but it didn't work either. Someone mentioned flashing a modified vendor.img with TWRP for system RW, does that work for 12?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Earlier today I was alerted to https://www.cnblogs.com/yanhua-tj/p/15525593.html which has the actual firehose and steps to unlock! However it seems to be in Simplified Chinese so I'll translate it here for you.

The firehose is attached below.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages this may cause as I am merely translating the guide, I am not responsible for you bricking your device because of a missed step so read carefully,

Also, Please backup your data beforehand as this does wipe the phone. Also please note that if you are on android 11 LG Backup will not work after unlocking, neither does the LG Bridge tool.

***IF YOU WANT ANDROID 12, UPDATE BEFORE ROOTING, I HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS FINE***

Requirements:
    1. Get QPST Here
    2. Get the FIrehose Here
    3. Engineering Bootloader Here
    4. Adb and Fastboot Here
    5. Qualcomm Drivers Here (When installing make sure to select wwan)
    6. Frp with oem unlock bit set for Verizon Here Not for demo units!
    7. Slight knowledge of the command line
    8. A Brain
    Steps:
    1. If you already have it unhidden go to Developer Options under Settings -> System and enable OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging. If you don't see Developer Options go to Settings => System => About Phone => Software Information and tap Build Number until it either asks you for your password or says you are a developer at the bottom. Verizon Users: You will not see the oem unlock option, we will fix this later in this guide.
    2. 2) Get it into 9008 Mode: (This may take several tries)
      1. Make sure you are connected to your computer via USB.
      2. Hold Volume Down and Power until it shuts off
      3. Now here's the tricky part, as soon as the screen turns off, immediately start tapping volume up quickly, but do not let go of volume down and power, if you did it successfully you will see your screen is off but it appears either in Device Manager or Windows plays the Device Connected sound.
    3. Open and Configure QFIL as shown below:
      20211108182212.png
    4. After that click Browse and select the Firehose you downloaded earlier
      20211108173502.png
    5. Next go to the Tools menu at the top then select Partition Manager (If this errors please reboot back into edl using the steps mentioned above!)
    6. 20211108173843.png
    7. After that wait for QFIL to connect then a new window will pop up. FInd abl_a and abl_b, right click on each and click Manage Partition. First thing you want to do for each is click Read Data. This will back them up in case of anything going wrong. QFIl will tell you where it stores them. Then for each click Load Image and select the Engineering Bootloader you downloaded from before.
      20211108174205.png
      20211108174320.png
    8. Once you get that done for both abl_a and abl_b click close on both the Raw Data Manager and Partition Manager and wait for QFIL to say Finish Reset to EDL in the logs at the bottom.
    9. Now it's time to get into Fastboot.
      1. Press and Hold Power and Volume Down for 9 seconds
      2. Once you either see it disappear from QFIL or you hear it disconnect from your PC, let go of power, until you see Fastboot Mode on your Phone's screen.
      3. Open the command prompt on your computer.
    10. Once it's in fastboot verify if fastboot can see it by doing fastboot devices, if it can't see it troubleshoot here:
      1. Check your USB Connection
      2. Double check you installed the adb and fastboot stuff from earlier in the post
      3. There may be a chance WIndows doesn't recognize it properly. So follow these steps:
        1. Open Device Manager by doing Windows + X and clicking Device Manager
        2. There may be an already open row that says Unknown Devies
        3. Right click on android and select Update Drivers
        4. Select Browse my computer for drivers
        5. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers
        6. Select Android Device
        7. Select Android Bootloader Interface
        8. Click Ok on the pop up
        9. Once that finishes double check the phone can be seen in fastboot devices
    11. Now here comes the fun part, unlocking! Please make sure you have your data backed up.
      1. If you are on verizon (and it's not a demo unit)
        1. Make sure you downloaded the file from above for the unlocked frp
        2. Do fastboot flash frp frp.img
        3. Do fastboot reboot and let it boot into android once, no need to set it up
        4. Reboot back to Fastboot using step 9
        5. Do fastboot oem unlock
        6. Select Unlock the Bootloader using volume down and power, your phone will wipe and reboot
      2. On any other variant
        1. Do fastboot oem unlock
        2. Select Unlock the Bootloader, your phone will wipe and reboot
    12. And that's it! Rooting guide will be on post 3.
    If you have any questions or feel like this is too complicated, please don't hesitate to contact us {Mod edit}
    Rooting with Magisk:
    You need to have already done the unlock mentioned above
    1. Go back to the guide and go all the way to the Partition Manager part, but don't flash anything.
    2. Now find and right click boot_a, click Manage Partition Data, and click Read Data do the same for boot_b.
    3. Wait for that to finish, when it does QFIL will tell you where it stored it.
    4. Grab the file and place it somewhere as a backup.
    5. Rename it to something like boot_a.img and boot_b.img
    6. Either use an existing device with Magisk or restart your device and install the magisk app from Here (make sure to download the Magisk-v2x.x.apk)
    7. Transfer the images you got to your phone in whatever method you'd like.
    8. In the Magisk App where it says Magisk, click Install, then choose Select and Patch a File. Make sure to patch both boot images separately!
    9. Wait for that to finish, after that transfer the modified image back to wherever you want to keep it. To make it easier rename it to something like MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and MagiskPatchedBoot_b.img
    10. Get into fastboot by Either:
      1. Shutting the phone off, and holding volume down while plugging in the usb cable
      2. Do adb reboot bootloader if you have adb debugging setup.
    11. Now in the directory of your patched image do fastboot flash boot_a MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and fastboot flash boot_b MagiskPatchedImage_b.img
    12. Now do fastboot reboot and you're golden!
    Misc Fixes:

1. Open the dialer and dial: ` *#546368#*600# ` | Verizon (V600VM): ##228378 (+ send)
    2. SVC Menu > Handprint > HandID Logging = ON | ON VERIZON SKIP THIS STEP
    3. Device Test > SAAT > Service Menu – Manual test > Optical Fingerprint test Complete the test and when a green circle shows tap it, when you see a button “pass” click it. At the end it should fail so just click the “fail” button when there is no “pass” button anymore. Start the test by clicking "start", then hold the green circle with your finger till the test finishes. On the last test it will fail so just click on "fail".
    4. Repeat 3 times and try adding a fingerprint, if fingerprint still does not work just restart and retry again.
    1. Download system systemrw_1.31d_BUNDLE.zip from https://xdaforums.com/t/script-android-10-universal-mount-system-read-write-r-w.4247311/
    2. Place folder systemrw_1.31d in /data/local/tmp on the phone
    3. Place sysrw_repair_v1.31d on your linux machine
    4. Go to adb shell, su and then do "chmod +x /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d/systemrw.sh"
    5. Then in adb shell do cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.31d and do ./systemrw.sh size=15 or 20 and wait till its done
    6. Go to the linux machine and cd to sysrw_repair_v1.31d from step 3
    7. Connect adb with your phone and make sure to not accidentally disconnect it (This will take a while)
    8. In the sysrw_repair_v1.31d directory, do sudo ./sysrw_repair.sh and make sure your Linux machine has at least 25gb Storage space, this process will take more or less 30 mins depending on how fast the machine is
    When its done it should start flashing in fastboot automatically.
    Make sure to follow the guide to make /system rw or else you will end up in a non bootable system!

1. Add these lines below to your build.prop (First set permissions on the build.prop so you can write it)

Code:
    Debug Options
    persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
    persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
    persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1

# Radio Options
    persist.radio.rat_on=combine
    persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
    persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
    persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

Make sure to set the Permissions back to chmod 600
    2. Reboot, go to settings > Networks > Calls > Enable WIFI Calling
    3. If it won't turn on by itself you might need to enter the Service menu and go to SVC Menu > VoWIFI > WIFI Calling Toggle = 1
    Credit: Leronex (Discord), Leronex_1 (XDA)
    You must make /system RW using the guide above

1. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.rctprovider
    2. adb reboot bootloader, fastboot erase rct, Reboot to System
    3. adb shell, pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.srtc
    4. Download and install the Magisk module: https://github.com/null-dev/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk/raw/master/lg-v60-rct-disable-magisk.zip, then reboot the phone.
    5. Delete /mnt/product/persist-lg/rct folder

Done, how to check if it is disabled? "Adb shell", "su" and "getprop | grep rct". If it shows nothing as output that means the service is not running. After that check the service menu *#546368#*600# > SVC Menu > LG RCT (Has to say Disabled)
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgdmsclient
    On TMO After 20j:
    Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.android.atservice
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.gdec.client
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.lge.lgfota.permission
    adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.pickme
    Code:
    adb shell pm disable --user 0 com.lge.phonemanagement
    1. Download and install QPST, when installed launch it and select the firehose and Nand type e.g. UFS.

2. Download and install this LGUP from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxecFNYK2Lr7w1HVg-mNIGEoVa8CSHFt/view?usp=sharing . In the installer select "Install LG Drivers"

3. Put phone into edl mode, here is how: Hold Vol- and pwr, when the screen turns black keep holding them and Repeatedly press vol+ You will see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in device manager when it is in edl. If the screen shows anything after reboot, instantly retry again.

4. When it is in EDL Mode, open partition manager and make a backup of these partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

5. After backing up, erase the same partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.

6. Now after erasing it is sort of important to not let it boot to android, and instead boot to download mode. Here is how: force reboot with vol- and pwr button. As soon as it disconnects from windows, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and hold Vol+ to get into Download Mode.

7. When it enters Download mode, open LGUP and select partition DL. Select your favourite V60 KDZ too.

8. Click on start, then it will prompt you to select partitions that can be flashed, select every partition EXCEPT "SID_A SID_B AND ABL_A ABL_B" then confirm. (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK "SELECT ALL" IT IS BUGGED AND WILL FLASH ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN IF UNSELECTED AFTER)

9. Let it install, after that you should be done, hidden menu won't work but you can install this apk to be able to enter hidden menu and fix the fingerprint on an unlocked bootloader. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-7BQ_Jlmi-5tpbMg383LaiYr5YjTmqQ/view?usp=drivesdk
    Crimson,
    Incredible. As far as I can tell, this is the only legitimate write-up for rooting a V60 on the internet. THANK YOU for all the time you put into solving this for people world-wide to benefit from.
    I was able to (finally) Root my T-Mo USA V60, after three attempts and one totally dark bricked phone. There are a lot of very bright programmers like yourself on this forum, but there's actually a good percentage of average guys like myself who just visit once in a while to upgrade their phones, but don't make a living at it.
    So, my gift to you - for helping me out with my new phone - is a slight re-write of your excellent post so that normal guys like me might understand the process a little better. This (I hope) might also cut down on all the "Help me!" responses you receive on this thread, which take up your time and make you wish you never posted anything! I hope that you see this as a supplement - all of the original knowledge in the post is still all yours. It may be helpful to edit your original post with any sections of the following (you'll need to work around the images), which you are welcome to do without needing to give any credit - you gave plenty already!

Here you go:

Please backup your data beforehand as this does wipe the phone. Also please note that if you are on android 11 LG Backup will not work after unlocking, neither does the LG Bridge tool.

***IF YOU WANT ANDROID 12, UPDATE BEFORE ROOTING, I HAVE CONFIRMED IT WORKS FINE***

All the tools you need are listed below:

1. Get QPST Here and install it to your Windows PC
    2. Get the FIrehose Here
    3. Engineering Bootloader Here
    4. Adb and Fastboot are Here, run and install the .exe files as administrator.
    5. Qualcomm Drivers are Here, install them making sure to select wwan.
    6. Frp with oem unlock bit set for Verizon Here Not for demo units!
    7. Slight knowledge of the command line
    This will be a two-step process.

• To unlock the bootloader (required for root), we are going to use software included in the QPST Suite to replace two abl files in the Partition Manager.
    • Once the bootloader is unlocked, we will use Magisk to modify two boot files, and then flash those modified files over the originals on your phone using Fastboot. That’s it!

Steps to Unlock bootloader:

1. Set up Developer Options and USB Debugging on your phone.
    If you already have it unhidden, go to Developer Options under Settings -> System and enable OEM Unlock as well as USB Debugging. If you don't see Developer Options go to Settings => System => About Phone => Software Information and tap Build Number until it either asks you for your password or says you are a developer at the bottom. Verizon Users: You will not see the oem unlock option, we will fix this later in this guide.

1. Put your V60 into 9008 (EDL) Mode: (This may take several tries)
      1. Make sure the phone is connected to your computer via USB (Original LG USB cable preferred)
      2. Hold Volume Down and Power until the phone shuts off.
      3. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately start tapping volume up quickly, but do not let go of volume down and power. If you did it successfully you will see your screen is off but the phone appears either in Device Manager, or Windows plays the Device Connected sound.
      4. Let’s confirm that the phone has installed with the correct driver for EDL
        1. Open Device Manager on your PC by tapping the Windows button + X and clicking Device Manager.
        2. Your V60 should be listed as “Android Device” at the top, or in USB ports. Check that is installed with the “QD Loader 9008” driver.
    2. The QPST program you installed is actually a suite of different softwares. In your Windows Start menu, click the down arrow next to QPST and find QFIL. Open QFIL and click “Select Port” on the top right. In the window that opens, select your phone and click Okay. If there is no phone listed, you either have a connection problem (cable?) or a driver problem.
    3. Now, at the top of the window, click Configuration=>Firehose Configuration. Set up your Download (Firehose) configuration as follows:

1. When you’re done with that, click okay, and in the original window, select “Flat Build” under “Build Type”. Then click Browse and select the Firehose you downloaded earlier.

1. Now we are going to have QFIL read the contents of the phone so we can find and modify two files. Click on the Tools menu at the top and select Partition Manager (If this errors please reboot back into EDL using the steps mentioned above!)

1. You will see a log file created in the “Status” box at the bottom of the window, then a new window will pop up labeled “Partition Manager”. Scroll through the list until you find “abl_a” and “abl_b”. Right click on each individually and click “Manage Partition”.
    2. A new, smaller window will pop up labeled “Raw Data Manager”. First thing you want to do for each is click Read Data. This will back them up in case anything goes wrong. The backed up file location will be at the bottom of the “Status” box, so make note of it after reading each file. Then for each, click Load Image, and select the Engineering Bootloader you downloaded from before.

1. If you chose the wrong file or delete something, you can restore the original file by going to Raw Data Manager=>Load Image and replacing your mistake with the original file that was backed up (Read). The originals will be stored in C\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\[the comport you were plugged in to]. If you hover over the filename, it will give you a time saved, which will help you to locate the one you’re looking for. (Don’t ask me how I know this) :)
    2. Once you get that done for both abl_a and abl_b, click close on both the Raw Data Manager and Partition Manager and wait for QFIL to say “Finish - Reset to EDL” in the logs at the bottom. We are done with QFIL, but keep it open for the next step.
    3. Now it's time to get our phone into Fastboot.
      1. Staying connected to your PC, press and Hold Power and Volume Down for 9 seconds
      2. Once you either see the phone disappear from QFIL or you hear it disconnect from your PC, let go of power, until you see Fastboot Mode on your Phone's screen.
      3. Open the command prompt on your computer as administrator.
    4. Verify that fastboot can see the phone by typing “fastboot devices”, (don’t type the quotation marks in the command line). If fastboot can communicate with your phone, it will return with a line describing the V60 model. If it can’t see your V60, we need to:
      1. Check your USB Connection
      2. Check that you installed the adb and fastboot stuff from earlier in the post
      3. Go to your Device manager again.
        1. You may find your phone under “Android” at the top, or in Unknown Devices, or listed in USB ports.
        2. When you find it, right click on it and select Update Drivers.
        3. Select Browse my computer for drivers.
        4. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
        5. Select Android Device.
        6. Select Android Bootloader Interface.
        7. Click Ok on the pop up
    5. Now here comes the fun part, unlocking!
    6. Please make sure you have your data backed up!
      1. If you are on Verizon (and it's not a demo unit)
        1. Make sure you downloaded the file from above for the unlocked frp
        2. In the command line, type “fastboot flash frp frp.img” (no quotes)
        3. Then type “fastboot reboot” and let it boot into android once, no need to set it up.
        4. Reboot the phone back to Fastboot using step 9.
        5. Type “fastboot oem unlock”.
        6. On your phone, select “Unlock the Bootloader” using the Volume Down and Power buttons; your phone will wipe and reboot
      2. On any other variant
        1. In the command line, type “fastboot oem unlock”
        2. On your phone, select “Unlock the Bootloader”; your phone will wipe and reboot
    7. You’re unlocked! Rooting guide will be on post 3.
    Steps to Root the V60 Once it’s Unlocked:

Rooting with Magisk:
    You need to have already done the unlock mentioned above

1. Go back to the bootloader unlocking guide and go all the way to the Partition Manager part, but don't flash anything.
    2. Now find and right click on boot_a, click Manage Partition Data, and click Read Data. Do the same for boot_b. This will save each file to a folder on your PC.
    3. After each “Read”, note the filename and location at the bottom of the Status box. Again, they will be saved to: C\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Qualcomm\QFIL\[the comport you were plugged in to]. The saved filenames will be unrelated to abl_a or abl_b, but if you wait a couple of minutes between each Read, you will also be able to tell which was saved first by hovering over the saved files and seeing the time they were saved.
    4. Copy each saved file to an easily accessible folder on your PC.
    5. Rename the extracted files “boot_a.img” and “boot_b.img”.
    6. Either use an existing device with Magisk installed, or restart your V60 with Magisk on it (make sure you have the most recent Magisk-v2x.x.apk). We’re just going to use Magisk to modify the abl files and then transfer them back to our PC, so Magisk does not have to be on the V60 you are rooting.
    7. Transfer the boot_a and boot_b images from your PC to a convenient folder on the Magisk-equipped device.
    8. In the top half of the Magisk App, where it says Magisk, click “Install”, then choose “Select and Patch a File”. Locate the boot_a and boot_b img files you saved to your device and select one. Magisk will modify the file, and write the new modified file to the same folder the original is in. Make sure to patch both boot images separately!
    9. When both files are modified, transfer the patched images back to the same folder as the originals on your PC . To make it easier to identify the patched images, you can rename them to something like MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img and MagiskPatchedBoot_b.img
    10. Now, get the V60 that we are rooting into fastboot mode by either:
      1. Shutting the phone off, and holding volume down while plugging in the usb cable, or
      2. Type “adb reboot bootloader” in the command line if you have adb debugging setup.
    11. Check your device manager again on your PC to confirm that the V60 is communicating with your PC via an Android Bootloader Interface driver as in step 12 in the Unlocking instructions.
    12. Open the folder in which you have saved your Magisk patched boot images. In the directory path at the top (underneath the File-Home-Share-View tabs), click on a white space and then type “cmd” and Enter. This will open a command prompt window already set to the folder you are in.
    13. Type “fastboot flash boot_a MagiskPatchedBoot_a.img” (use whatever filename you named YOUR patched image to) and “fastboot flash boot_b MagiskPatchedImage_b.img” (no quotes). You’re telling the Fastboot program to re-write the boot_a and boot_b files on your V60 with the modified files you created in Magisk.
    14. That’s it! Before you unplug your phone, type “fastboot reboot” and let your phone reboot to a normal lock screen. You are ROOTED! After all this, don’t go bricking your phone by deleting the wrong things!! :)
    Hey! I'm in the same situation as you, carrier unlocked ATT ebayed to Europe, stuck on A10. Were you be able to crossflash? If so, i would thank you deeply for a quick rundown on the steps :)
    1. Download and install QPST, when installed launch it and select the firehose and Nand type e.g. UFS.
    2. Download and install this LGUP from here: . In the installer select "Install LG Drivers"
    3. Put phone into edl mode, here is how: Hold Vol- and pwr, when the screen turns black keep holding them and Repeatedly press vol+ You will see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" under "Ports (COM & LPT)" in device manager when it is in edl. If the screen shows anything after reboot, instantly retry again.

4. When it is in EDL Mode, open partition manager and make a backup of these partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.
    5. After backing up, erase the same partitions "FTM, OP_A OP_B, MODEM_A MODEM_B, SID_A SID_B.
    6. Now after erasing it is sort of important to not let it boot to android, and instead boot to download mode. Here is how: force reboot with vol- and pwr button. As soon as it disconnects from windows, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and hold Vol+ to get into Download Mode.

7. When it enters Download mode, open LGUP and select partition DL. Select your favourite V60 KDZ too.
    8. 8. Click on start, then it will prompt you to select partitions that can be flashed, select every partition EXCEPT "SID_A SID_B AND ABL_A ABL_B" then confirm.
      (NOTE: DO NOT CLICK "SELECT ALL" IT IS BUGGED AND WILL FLASH ALL PARTITIONS, EVEN IF UNSELECTED AFTER)
    9. Let it install, after that you should be done, hidden menu won't work but you can install this apk to be able to enter hidden menu and fix the fingerprint on an unlocked bootloader.

Written by: Leronex