[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X2] [S905X3] [Android TV 9] (Mi Box FW Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

AmlogicMan

Feb 5, 2020
Orlando
I was very hopeful for this Rom on an old Probox2 Air Plus I have, Installs boots and everything works, However it will randomly freeze and reboot here and there, Also I am unable to get audio from HBO,.
You tube TV fires a random video playback error and will not play anything, I would have also liked to see the ability to use your own Launcher..

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu
    I was very hopeful for this Rom on an old Probox2 Air Plus I have, Installs boots and everything works, However it will randomly freeze and reboot here and there, Also I am unable to get audio from HBO,.
    You tube TV fires a random video playback error and will not play anything, I would have also liked to see the ability to use your own Launcher..
    and youve tried the slowemmc & DDR 7XX versions?

vmax37701

Feb 19, 2015
    If you can root using magisk i have a file that will fix bluetooth for you
    Hi Aidan, thanks for your reply.I have decided to try rooting with magisk but something I am doing wrong.
    1) I booted into recovery mode via adb (the reset button won't work)
    2) I uploaded the temporary image of TWRP.
    3) I flashed Magisk.v21.2.zip successfully.
    4) I installed Magisk app and it says I am not rooted.
    That I do wrong.

Lastly I would also appreciate it if you can share me the file needed to fix bluetooth.
    Thank you so much

Reactions: aidanmacgregor

buzywoman

Jul 17, 2013
    Hi Aidan, thanks for your reply.I have decided to try rooting with magisk but something I am doing wrong.
    1) I booted into recovery mode via adb (the reset button won't work)
    2) I uploaded the temporary image of TWRP.
    3) I flashed Magisk.v21.2.zip successfully.
    4) I installed Magisk app and it says I am not rooted.
    That I do wrong.

Lastly I would also appreciate it if you can share me the file needed to fix bluetooth.
    Thank you so much
    hello me too booting recovery by adb (the reset button won't work) y have twrp (recovery.img) on usb stick bu not able boot on twrp only on the v7 rom recovery. do you able provide me your temporary twrp (link for download) your twrp is a zip file ? how to upload temporary recovery ?

vmax37701

Feb 19, 2015
    hola també arrencant la recuperació per adb (el botó de restabliment no funcionarà) i teniu twrp (recovery.img) a la memòria USB, però no podreu arribar a twrp només a la recuperació de rom v7. em podeu proporcionar el vostre twrp temporal (enllaç per descarregar) el vostre twrp és un fitxer zip? com penjar la recuperació temporal?
    És clar. Aquesta és la versió 3.2.2 per a S912 Arrenc la recuperació amb adb i tinc el fitex twrp en una clau USB

Attachments

• TWRP_322_For_912_A9.0.zip
      5.3 MB · Views: 21
    Reactions: buzywoman

Sacreligious

May 1, 2018
    @aidanmacgregor just installed the 7. [v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W] [ATV 9] (SV6051P) img on my Alfawise S95, and I'm happy to report that WIFI works!! Unfortunately, I encountered some issues:

1 - The middle "ok" button (the one used to select options and stuff) doesn't work, neither on the default IR remote, nor on my WeChip W2 Air remote. Some buttons seem to have been remapped, and if it wasn't for the WeChip's back keyboard, I wouldn't be able to type anything;

2 - The front display, which used to display the time when the box was powered on, no longer works. Not that big of a deal, but it is something nice to have working;

3 - The media playback seems to have suffered a bit. Doesn't seem as smooth as it was on the 10.1 Tanix TX3 Mini img. I noticed this on Disney+, and I'm not sure if this is related, but I couldn't log into my Netflix account through your APK on this img, while on the 10.1 img I had no issues with that.

I think those are the biggest issues I encountered while testing, anything I can do to eliminate them? Or should I wait for a future update?

Once again, thank you for all your hard work!!

tanuj125

Apr 24, 2021
    It worked with Android Tv Remote app.

But still these are the issue i am facing now:

1. Wifi is searching both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but i am not able to connect to either wifi. Only LAN works.
    2. T95 max+ remote is not working.
    3. Bluetooth i will test and let you know the results.

Else, it is running smooth and lag-free.

Thanks !

tdsat

May 12, 2021
    FWIW I tried this with the Kingnovel X10 MAX S905X3 (4RAM/128ROM) and the WiFi doesn't work. The remote is detected properly and the Image looks good (no bloatware) but without WiFi it's pointless for me :(

The image I tried is `[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905X3] [ATV 9] (Unknown Wi-Fi) (Thanks Mick Ackerley).img`. I tried the rest but they would either not boot or the remote didn't work.

Thank you.

AmlogicMan

Feb 5, 2020
    Orlando
    Sorry it took me so long to respond was out of town, I was able to load the DDR792 version on my Probox2 Air Plus, Everything working great, Fast stable and brought new life to an old box, I will have to live without Youtube TV & HBO for now, Thank you

aidanmacgregor

• Love
    Reactions: aidanmacgregor

orzechszek

Jan 19, 2012
    Has anyone found any firmware for MXQ PRO+ 2/16GB S905W p281 with WIFI working?
    From S905W group I've checked version 1,3,7,8,9.1,10.1,10.2,10.3. Some of them starting, but without connection.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hi @aidanmacgregor is there any chance to get a file to flash via ota update?
      My s905x3 box has no reset button ANYWHERE and can't get into fastboot, my only option is to try over ota.
      THX!
      you can try sd burn card maker but i would highly reccomend figuring out mask rom mode, this it much more poerful and can unbrick devices, i made a video here about the process
      @aidanmacgregor just wanted to let you know that I tested some more versions: So far, the 10.1 img is the one that works best on my Alfawise S95, although the only ones that allowed me to use wifi on my SV6051P chip were the 7. [V7] Aidan's ROM [S905W] [ATV 9] (SV6051P) and the 10.4. Aidan's ROM [S905W] (tx3mini) (9012p) XDA - hugocarmo

The 10.4 (9012p) img was actually the most "complete" one in my case, because not only I was able to use wifi, but it also was the only img that allowed my to change the screen settings (HDR to SDR and Screen Resolution) and to deactivate the movie player app completely. All the other imgs that I tested crashed when I tried to change either the HDR to SDR option or the Screen Resolution, and they also didn't allow me to deactivate the movie player app in the settings. My problem with this 10.4 img in particular was that the UI was all misplaced and kinda bugged, and the resolution was also weird, so it was unfortunately unusable for me.

I'll be sticking to the 10.1 img for the time, and can't wait for more updates! Thank you for all the hard work!
      there is probably somthin g missing from my vendor for frame rate switch, maybe in future version :)

Does v7 now have this added to it?
      Tested v7 and it does not work with it.
      I just want to say thank you to whomever made this ROM. Ive had zero luck (until now) finding a rom that would work with this generic S912 tv box. Maybe i can help others with the same box. My box is a QII Android 6.0 Amlogic S912 4K KODI 17.3 2GB/16GB quick play. ive searched for many days for a Rom that would be compatible. this box took a lot of trial and error to get it to show up in the USB burning tool. I had to make a USB male to male cable since there is no OTA port. so to my amazement once i flashed this rom BAM it worked and I have to say the stock rom on the box was worthless. it froze it crashed it never worked right since the first day. so far this custom rom is running so fast on this that Im shocked. I had to give props to the developer. thank you
      hi @aidanmacgregor is there any chance to get a file to flash via ota update?
      My s905x3 box has no reset button ANYWHERE and can't get into fastboot, my only option is to try over ota.
      THX!
      sorry ota not possible
      Screenshot_20210429-174730[2].png

^^^NEW Homescreen, Update From Play Store ^^^

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W, S912 & S905x3

If You See An Update Available Via OTA The Plan is For Me To Release An Update Within A Week Based On The Latest Official Mi Box Firmware

bootup.jpg

Boot animation
      v7.1 boot.gif

First Boot Welcome Screen
      Screenshot_20200624-000353.png

Final Step & Infomation
      Screenshot_20210428-191506[1].png

Preinstalled Apps (New UI)
      Screenshot_20210428-212457.png

Google Play Certified
      Screenshot_20201208-033507.png

Settings, About
      Screenshot_20210428-212037.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
      Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
      This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!
      ------------------------------------------------
      NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
      >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
      -----------------------

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
      Security Patch 5.January.2021
      Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
      Now Includes File Browser
      Cleaned & De Bloat
      More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
      1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
      Security Patch 5.October.2020
      NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
      Removed Mi Tv Analytics
      Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
      BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
      Security Patch 5.April.2020
      New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
      New Boot animation
      Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
      Updated Google Play Store
      De Bloat System
      Remove Chromecast
      Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
      Remove Netflix & Prime Video
      Reduced img Size For Faster Download
      Reduced Install Time
      More Tweaks

v2 New Features
      Created USB Burnig tool Image
      New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
      Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
      if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and youve tried other ports, cables ect then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
      Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
      The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available

Amazon Prime Wont Work
      A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
      A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
      There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
      User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
      Why?
      This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
      See This Post
      TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
      Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
      Android TV apk I will upload the link
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...