[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X2] [S905X3] [Android TV 9] (Mi Box FW Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu
    hello me too booting recovery by adb (the reset button won't work) y have twrp (recovery.img) on usb stick bu not able boot on twrp only on the v7 rom recovery. do you able provide me your temporary twrp (link for download) your twrp is a zip file ? how to upload temporary recovery ?
    You noot to norml recovery, chose update from udisk, chose the twrp zip and it will boot into twrp

Reactions: buzywoman

tanuj125

Apr 24, 2021
    It worked with Android Tv Remote app.

But still these are the issue i am facing now:

1. Wifi is searching both 2.4 and 5 Ghz but i am not able to connect to either wifi. Only LAN works.
    2. T95 max+ remote is not working.
    3. Bluetooth i will test and let you know the results.

Else, it is running smooth and lag-free.

Thanks !
    Update :
    1. Wifi works fine after removing LAN cable. :)
    2. I am able to connect Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse (after installing mouse toggle).

The only problem left is the Remote is not working. @aidanmacgregor Can you please guide on that ?

gxaris

Aug 10, 2011
    Johannesburg
    Hello all.
    I have installed version 4 on my Mecool M8S L ( WiFI not working).
    If i want to update to version 7, do i follow the same procedure? Will this erase everything on my box?
    Has Wifi been fixed?
    Thank you in advance!

pepeelromano

Oct 22, 2012
    Hello all.
    I have installed version 4 on my Mecool M8S L ( WiFI not working).
    If i want to update to version 7, do i follow the same procedure? Will this erase everything on my box?
    Has Wifi been fixed?
    Thank you in advance!
    Hi!
    I think that to update to version 7, you have erase everything, because you've to do a clean instalation.

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu

bayubm

Mar 18, 2015
    Hi, Im testing on TX3 Mini - Amlogic s912.

I flash this file : 1. [v7] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [SLOW EMMC] [DDR3] [LAN100] (TX9 Pro, TX3 Mini..)

and when I have error at 97% installation.

I dont have and dont find stock firmware for this device with Amlogic 912, so my device boot lop now.

somebody help me?

thanks

Attachments

• error2.png
      error2.png
      107.3 KB · Views: 32

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu
    Hi, Im testing on TX3 Mini - Amlogic s912.

I flash this file : 1. [v7] Aidan's ROM [S912] [ATV 9] [SLOW EMMC] [DDR3] [LAN100] (TX9 Pro, TX3 Mini..)

and when I have error at 97% installation.

I dont have and dont find stock firmware for this device with Amlogic 912, so my device boot lop now.

somebody help me?

thanks
    gonna be a process of trial and error :)

rajaraju

Apr 4, 2017
    HELP HELP ADMIN I m using X96Max plus android box I m flash Aidan's ROM flash burning successfully (screenshot attached flash ROM)
    Screenshot_2021-05-20-21-02-05-940_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    but ethernet cable net not working , front panel not working other all ok working like WiFi Bluetooth.
    I m trying to burning again stock ROM but usb not detect why sir ?

rajaraju

Apr 4, 2017
    Usb burning tool (x96 max plus ) not detected I m trying every thing before installed aidans firmware all time detected usb but after using aidans firmware not detected how to solved this issue

buzywoman

Jul 17, 2013
    Usb burning tool (x96 max plus ) not detected I m trying every thing before installed aidans firmware all time detected usb but after using aidans firmware not detected how to solved this issue

please read page # 36 y have explained

Last edited:

hADE95

Jun 21, 2018
    Beelink GT1 Mini LP (S905X2) remote control not work, please add support.
    I flash rom "3. [v7] Aidans ROM [S905X2] (X96 Max) TGRAM-medik.img" all work except remote control.
    Thanks

Reactions: aidanmacgregor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      hi @aidanmacgregor is there any chance to get a file to flash via ota update?
      My s905x3 box has no reset button ANYWHERE and can't get into fastboot, my only option is to try over ota.
      THX!
      you can try sd burn card maker but i would highly reccomend figuring out mask rom mode, this it much more poerful and can unbrick devices, i made a video here about the process
      I got a t95z plus 2/16 (I believe) it was running android 6 from stock. It is running a android 7 custom rom right now.

not sure what memory type it is though to flash this rom. I took the box apart.

the 2 memory chips have on them
      PE017-125 F1628

can anyone kindly help me figure out what kind memory this has. I don’t want to brick it. Thanks

edit: turns out it is ddr3 ram. Just posting this here in case it helps someone
      @aidanmacgregor just wanted to let you know that I tested some more versions: So far, the 10.1 img is the one that works best on my Alfawise S95, although the only ones that allowed me to use wifi on my SV6051P chip were the 7. [V7] Aidan's ROM [S905W] [ATV 9] (SV6051P) and the 10.4. Aidan's ROM [S905W] (tx3mini) (9012p) XDA - hugocarmo

The 10.4 (9012p) img was actually the most "complete" one in my case, because not only I was able to use wifi, but it also was the only img that allowed my to change the screen settings (HDR to SDR and Screen Resolution) and to deactivate the movie player app completely. All the other imgs that I tested crashed when I tried to change either the HDR to SDR option or the Screen Resolution, and they also didn't allow me to deactivate the movie player app in the settings. My problem with this 10.4 img in particular was that the UI was all misplaced and kinda bugged, and the resolution was also weird, so it was unfortunately unusable for me.

I'll be sticking to the 10.1 img for the time, and can't wait for more updates! Thank you for all the hard work!
      there is probably somthin g missing from my vendor for frame rate switch, maybe in future version :)

Does v7 now have this added to it?
      Tested v7 and it does not work with it.
      NTFS absolutely NOT working in V7… where can i find a previous version (like V4) with NTFS working? I need a rom for my S905W tanix tx3 max (realtek 8723bs wifi chip) thanks!
      Screenshot_20210429-174730[2].png

^^^NEW Homescreen, Update From Play Store ^^^

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W, S912 & S905x3

If You See An Update Available Via OTA The Plan is For Me To Release An Update Within A Week Based On The Latest Official Mi Box Firmware

bootup.jpg

Boot animation
      v7.1 boot.gif

First Boot Welcome Screen
      Screenshot_20200624-000353.png

Final Step & Infomation
      Screenshot_20210428-191506[1].png

Preinstalled Apps (New UI)
      Screenshot_20210428-212457.png

Google Play Certified
      Screenshot_20201208-033507.png

Settings, About
      Screenshot_20210428-212037.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
      Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
      This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!
      ------------------------------------------------
      NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
      >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
      -----------------------

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
      Security Patch 5.January.2021
      Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
      Now Includes File Browser
      Cleaned & De Bloat
      More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
      1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
      Security Patch 5.October.2020
      NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
      Removed Mi Tv Analytics
      Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
      BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
      Security Patch 5.April.2020
      New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
      New Boot animation
      Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
      Updated Google Play Store
      De Bloat System
      Remove Chromecast
      Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
      Remove Netflix & Prime Video
      Reduced img Size For Faster Download
      Reduced Install Time
      More Tweaks

v2 New Features
      Created USB Burnig tool Image
      New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
      Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
      if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and youve tried other ports, cables ect then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
      Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
      The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available

Amazon Prime Wont Work
      A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
      A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
      There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
      User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
      Why?
      This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
      See This Post
      TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
      Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
      Android TV apk I will upload the link
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...