• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X2] [S905X3] [Android TV 9] (Mi Box FW Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

SharpBang

Oct 12, 2012
Belo Horizonte
Hey @aidanmacgregor !
Today I have one Android Update message and after trying to update, I received error Signature Verification Failed. Is there any way to work around this issue and successfully update the BOX?

Another issue is regarding having a second Google Account on device. Often appears a white screen saying "Looking for updates", then followed by "An error occurred". This happens all the time.

Killer9090

Mar 28, 2014
Bełchatów
there is a good chance :)
@aidanmacgregor Thanks for the answer! Gonna try v7 out today, hah. Definetely will report how it goes :)

EDIT: Sadly, the freezing issue persists. Looks like the box just can't handle it. Guess I'll stay with Android TV 7.1.2 :)

EDIT2: One more question, just to make sure. Can we update all the apps via Play Store on this ROM? (Android TV Home, Android TV Core Services etc.)

Last edited:

JFK1975

Jun 27, 2016
Berlin
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Hey @aidanmacgregor !
Today I have one Android Update message and after trying to update, I received error Signature Verification Failed. Is there any way to work around this issue and successfully update the BOX?

Another issue is regarding having a second Google Account on device. Often appears a white screen saying "Looking for updates", then followed by "An error occurred". This happens all the time.
These Update Messages belong to the original Mi Box. Our devices can't be updated by the shown download.

Last edited:
Reactions: Killer9090

xoxo_xdagirl91

Jun 17, 2013
I want to try this out on my tx3 mini but I'm not sure which version to download. There are 7 different folders in the google drive link and the folder for tanix devices says "OLD tell me what works". Can someone point me in the right direction pls

xoxo_xdagirl91

Jun 17, 2013
So I flashed every version available and cannot get wifi working on a tanix tx3 mini. I even found the stock firmware and flashed that but my wifi still does not work. I have attached pics of the board from tx3 mini if that's any help. Any help and/or response is greatly appreciated.

rVnDXnc.jpg

OTmzNFO.jpg

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Not only your rom box is stucking on other sevral roms too at the same error.
Tried etcher burn sd card too but box is not booting via sd card even nand pin short.
aww i wouldnt bother with sdcard, and you need to use amlogic burn card maker to create amlogic bootable sd card, just use USB Burning Tool, also upgrading from older android versions to android 9 has to be done using USB Burning Tool to make the required partition changes :)

AndyClarke

Jun 17, 2021
Installed today on my X96, a revelation - so fast and smooth. I was close to buying a new box, no need now! Thanks for the effort into putting these images together

Only two issues I'm having is Wifi not working and can't seem to power down from the remote.

Wifi is not a dealbreaker as I have ethernet

Powering down is a bit more troublesome - I have the stock remote and then a keyboard / air mouse - any ideas here? Thanks

jucca

Jun 3, 2010
Split
Guys, today I flashed my X96max S905X3 with v7. 1 Aidan V9 .img for H96 Max X3 with USB burning tool V2.2.0, and after flashing was done, removed USB cable, stooped the USB tool, and then I powered up, but it won't start at all.
Any advice?
Or it is for rubbish.

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hey @aidanmacgregor !

OTAs wont work as we dont have mi boxes, and hmm never tried a 2nd google account

Top Liked Posts

Thank you @enerdude for your help. Do you have another advice?.

I tried this but again brick my box after 7% with the USB burning tool. I revived again with the firmware [atvXerience S905W_V2H_FINAL] but I don't like it because not working Clock, Chromecast built-in neither Bluetooth 😭. BTW the Bluetooth work only with this firmware [AndroidTV_7_S905W_Bluetooth_Tue_Minh_20190320.zip a vietnamese].

I'll really appreciate if @aidanmacgregor can give us some light about it.🤞
    chromecast built in wont work as our devices dont have widevine level 1, thi cannot be changed, look for clock patches maybe help, and try taking libbt-vendor.so from working rom and copy across :)
    Thank you @aidanmacgregor . "2. [v7.1] Aidan's ROM [S905X3] (A95X F3) FB-Zeyn Elenson.img" is what I have tried for an A95X F3 box with 4GB of RAM and 64GiB of eMMC.

SD flashing fails. Windows 7 and the USB link to the TVbox is a bit picky. About 1 out of 3 attemps, the TV Box device shows up as connected USB device. "Overwrite bootloader" needed to be disabled otherwise writing would stop at 1%. I am not sure if USB can supply enough power, so after plugging the USB connector into the TV box USB, I plug the power supply adapter too.

First boot takes about 5 minutes. Consecutive boots are only 29 seconds. The front display shows "boot" instead of the clock time.

I am missing an option to turn the TVbox device completely off. Only reboot is available. And I wish to turn off the LED's, though can't find the stock ROM "ColorLED Setting" app for download (neither play, neither as .apk).

As of July 13th 2021, Android thinks that a 646 MB "Android System Update" is available. Don't bother to install the update, it will fail.
    the power off is official android TV behaviour, it uses standby mode, and the stock app cant be preinstalled due to google play certification blocking 3rd party apks

v8 is being uploaded and manual install is required :)
    Looking forward to trying version 8 on my vorke z1 😁 thanks for your work brotha
    Hello, when I flash Aidan's ROM [S905X2] on my x96max 2/16, network don`t work.
    After that I try to import first from 3 roms ( for S905x2) in usb burning tool, popup windows say: Key file configurate wrong!
    Some help!
    will be fixed in v8, shuld finnish uplodin tomorrow
    Don't use usb adapters, use the usb ports on the back of the computer. if the first time does not work try a second it always does.
    Hi my friends. Please I need your help. I have a box TX3 mini (S905W) with 2GB RAM / 16GB internal. The board is blue (maybe generic) and was release on march 2019. I tried to load this amazing firmware but It was impossible, stops after 7% with error " [0x32030201]Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error". The only firmware that I could install was AndroidTV_7_S905W_Bluetooth_Tue_Minh_20190320.zip from a vietnamese website HERE.

Is there anything else that I can do for install Aidan's ROM or another ATV9 rom? And how?
    Thanks in advance.

View attachment 5356269
    Try this ones for TX3

or also you may want to try with the X96 mini wich some firmwares are compatible

Hi Guys i have ported the @aidanmacgregor firmware to make it work with the
    X96 Max Plus 2 - 4GB Ram 32 Rom
    Wifi / Bluetooth Realtek RTL8822CS , Ethernet RTL8211F
    - Fixed Remote Controller
    - Wifi and Bluetooth drivers
    - Dual Boot can run from SD card other OS like Emuelec enjoy !
    I'm gonna ask a stupid question, is there any chance to port this rom to s905 devices such as mdz-16-aa(Xiaomi box 3)? if not is it because this chip is too old or not worth it?
    not easily possibe on 2 fronts, older chip but also xiaomi have custom locked bottloaders :)
    Hello, when I flash Aidan's ROM [S905X2] on my x96max 2/16, network don`t work.
    After that I try to import first from 3 roms ( for S905x2) in usb burning tool, popup windows say: Key file configurate wrong!
    Some help!
    will be fixed in v8, shuld finnish uplodin tomorrow
    Screenshot_20210429-174730[2].png

^^^NEW Homescreen, Update From Play Store ^^^

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W, S912 & S905x3

If You See An Update Available Via OTA The Plan is For Me To Release An Update Within A Week Based On The Latest Official Mi Box Firmware

bootup.jpg

Boot animation
    v7.1 boot.gif

First Boot Welcome Screen
    Screenshot_20200624-000353.png

Final Step & Infomation
    Screenshot_20210428-191506[1].png

Preinstalled Apps (New UI)
    Screenshot_20210428-212457.png

Google Play Certified
    Screenshot_20201208-033507.png

Settings, About
    Screenshot_20210428-212037.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
    Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------
    NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    -----------------------

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burnig tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

USB Burning Tool Cant See Device
    if usb burning tool cant detect your device, and youve tried other ports, cables ect then Mask ROM Mode May Be Needed, See Here
    Youtube Unbrick Guide

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
    t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...