[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X3] [ROM] [ATV 9] (Mi Box FW Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hai aidan.. i have a95x f3 air.. with s902x3..
Can i try this rom? If i flash with burn tools.. it can back to original version? Nothing corrupt right?

Yes you can flash your stock firmware back, there is a small chance you'd rest button won't work (it may have different GPIO pins for the button, if this happens then mask Rom mode can be used to force it to be seen by the tool (it makes the tool think your NAND Iis empty ready to be flashed) the s905x3 testing version is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rXx_Klrfmf5kIGT-KLDbDpJspQqGIpt5?usp=sharing

Reactions: lelakipop

juan_milyun

Mar 17, 2021
Yes you can flash your stock firmware back, there is a small chance you'd rest button won't work (it may have different GPIO pins for the button, if this happens then mask Rom mode can be used to force it to be seen by the tool (it makes the tool think your NAND Iis empty ready to be flashed) the s905x3 testing version is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rXx_Klrfmf5kIGT-KLDbDpJspQqGIpt5?usp=sharing
Can I try this s905x3 test version to my X96 Max Plus S905X3 RTL8189FS 2/16 GB?

pablooo.o

Apr 13, 2021
Hi Aidan,
Thx for your great work!
I've installed v4 s912 on my Alfawise H96pro 3/32. Everything is cool, but after I switch off the box using remote it will switch on after 30-40 seconds. It's on for 2-4 seconds and back switch off for next 30-40 seconds. And again, and again the same. When the box is off the blue light is completely off and I can't switch it on using the remote. Only when I cut the power and power back the box switch on. What's wrong with it?

aidanmacgregor

Nov 19, 2011
Caithness
aidansrom.freecluster.eu
Hi Aidan,
Thx for your great work!
I've installed v4 s912 on my Alfawise H96pro 3/32. Everything is cool, but after I switch off the box using remote it will switch on after 30-40 seconds. It's on for 2-4 seconds and back switch off for next 30-40 seconds. And again, and again the same. When the box is off the blue light is completely off and I can't switch it on using the remote. Only when I cut the power and power back the box switch on. What's wrong with it?

Sounds like it's a uboot issue, best option would be to disable sleep in screensaver settings and keep the box running all the time :)

Reactions: pablooo.o

mymo82

Apr 9, 2011
Thanks @aidanmacgregor for the excellent work!
I have installed it on my Meecool M8s Pro LQ as (rom S912/LPDDR3/LAN100/QCA9377/ltm8830 Rom) as per instruction by @athlon1 (thanks to him for the suggestion).
The box works like a charm, I've come across only 2 minor issues:
- once turned off, every now and then, red light binks blue and then goes red again, although the box remains off;
- I'm asked to carry out an Android System Update, the whole update gets dowloaded, the box boots into bootloader, tries to install it but it fails.

I am very eager for the next updates, this rom is fresh air for our s912 boxes

• Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

Adrian6275

Sep 11, 2012
Indio, CA
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
First of all let me say thanks to @aidanmacgregor this is a great rom. I was able to install [v4] [S912] [LPDDR3] [LAN100] Aidan's Custom ROM (bcm4335...) (KM6335) (M8S PRO L LB...) on my Mecool M8s Pro L. Netflix, disney+, youtube are working with the exceptions of HBOMax. i was able to install from the playstore , video comes thru no problem but there is no audio. I tried reinstalling the Rom and trying changing the setting under digital audio format as suggested in other forums, i would clear cache and restart every time i made a change. i was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20210416_144135.jpg
    IMG_20210416_144135.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210416_141831.jpg
    IMG_20210416_141831.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23

stam260782

Mar 29, 2018
only way is with root or by editing the firmware usimg linux tools :)

Hi when I try to unpack the rom it gives me this error, (There was a problem extracting your ROM)

What can be caused this???

I don't want to bother, but could you tell me what steps to follow to get the BT files included in the rom. I would appreciate it very much.

Attachments

• screenshot-b707ccfa.jpg
    screenshot-b707ccfa.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 19
  • lib.zip
    603 KB · Views: 4
  • lib64.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 3

juancollado2003

Mar 1, 2011
Santo Domingo
First of all let me say thanks to @aidanmacgregor this is a great rom. I was able to install [v4] [S912] [LPDDR3] [LAN100] Aidan's Custom ROM (bcm4335...) (KM6335) (M8S PRO L LB...) on my Mecool M8s Pro L. Netflix, disney+, youtube are working with the exceptions of HBOMax. i was able to install from the playstore , video comes thru no problem but there is no audio. I tried reinstalling the Rom and trying changing the setting under digital audio format as suggested in other forums, i would clear cache and restart every time i made a change. i was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue.
Hi, did you try audio auto mode and connecting a speakers in the audio jack?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    Testing S905W4 & S905X3 Versions Now Available To Try!!

Also some fixed versions for various people to try

hugocarmo
    Zeyn Elenson
    eManuka
    [email protected]
    DreamSeason
    aoliu
    Someone else Forgot who (x96 Mini WML1 Firmware)

if ive missed anyone let me know :)
    oh see drive for a new folder to try :)
    Well some good news and some better news!

First I tried the new version and it wasn't working either, so I tried another HDMI port on my monitor and it seem that the port was the issue. So I went back and tried the first version you posted last week and it does in fact boot just fine, but no wifi!

Then I tried the new file ( [v7] Aidan's ROM [s912] (M8S Pro LB) XDA-DreamSeason.img ) from the fixes folder and that one boots and wifi is working! Will test and see how it works but so far so good. Thanks!!!
    ota ugrape after install not working, update downloaded and auto reboot for install, but fail install update in recovery.

idea ?
    ota will never work, its trying to install the lates official mi box s firware, we dont have the right hardware for this to install, Manual update due soon :)
    Just installed it on my s905w.
    Sorryy for asking questions on your other thread.
    It's showing an update of 600mbs.
    Do we need to update?
    Thank you
    Hey the update will fail, needs patched manually to run on our devices, planned soon :)
    Screenshot_20210429-174730[2].png

^^^NEW Homescreen, Update From Play Store ^^^

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W, S912 & S905x3

If You See An Update Available Via OTA The Plan is For Me To Release An Update Within A Week Based On The Latest Official Mi Box Firmware

bootup.jpg

Boot animation
    v7.1 boot.gif

First Boot Welcome Screen
    Screenshot_20200624-000353.png

Final Step & Infomation
    Screenshot_20210428-191506[1].png

Preinstalled Apps (New UI)
    Screenshot_20210428-212457.png

Google Play Certified
    Screenshot_20201208-033507.png

Settings, About
    Screenshot_20210428-212037.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
    Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
    This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!
    ------------------------------------------------
    NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
    >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
    -----------------------

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
    Security Patch 5.January.2021
    Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
    Now Includes File Browser
    Cleaned & De Bloat
    More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
    Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
    1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
    BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
    Security Patch 5.October.2020
    NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
    Removed Mi Tv Analytics
    Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
    BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
    Security Patch 5.April.2020
    New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
    New Boot animation
    Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
    Updated Google Play Store
    De Bloat System
    Remove Chromecast
    Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
    Remove Netflix & Prime Video
    Reduced img Size For Faster Download
    Reduced Install Time
    More Tweaks

v2 New Features
    Created USB Burnig tool Image
    New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
    Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

Netflix wont work from play store
    The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available

Amazon Prime Wont Work
    A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
    A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
    There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
    User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
    Why?
    This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
    See This Post
    TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
    Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
    Android TV apk I will upload the link
    t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
    t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures