[v7] Aidan's ROM [S905W4] [S905W] [S912] [S905X3] [ROM] [ATV 9] (Mi Box FW Port To Amlogic Boxes)

Search This thread

lelakipop

Oct 8, 2013
Yes you can flash your stock firmware back, there is a small chance you'd rest button won't work (it may have different GPIO pins for the button, if this happens then mask Rom mode can be used to force it to be seen by the tool (it makes the tool think your NAND Iis empty ready to be flashed) the s905x3 testing version is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rXx_Klrfmf5kIGT-KLDbDpJspQqGIpt5?usp=sharing
Sory late.! Tq!! I will test today

lelakipop

Oct 8, 2013
Yes you can flash your stock firmware back, there is a small chance you'd rest button won't work (it may have different GPIO pins for the button, if this happens then mask Rom mode can be used to force it to be seen by the tool (it makes the tool think your NAND Iis empty ready to be flashed) the s905x3 testing version is available here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rXx_Klrfmf5kIGT-KLDbDpJspQqGIpt5?usp=sharing

I get this error while flashing 7% only... Not working for me... Error 0x32030201 Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error . Pls help.. now back to original rom.

Attachments

• IMG_20210419_114634.jpg
    IMG_20210419_114634.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 26

sasuke chen

Aug 24, 2019
kaohsiung
My box is tx9s S912.

I use the version "[S912] [SLOW EMMC] [DDR3] [LAN1000] Aidan's Cutsom ROM [v3] (sp6330...) (M96X, TX9S, M96X Plus..).img".

Everything is smooth, but I found the remote couldn't select the options on above area.

By the way this rom is still awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_232445.jpg
    IMG_20210404_232445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Love
Reactions: aidanmacgregor

RicoD38

Apr 11, 2021
I installed v4 to alfawise s92.
Great Work.
All works 100%.
The best rom !!!!
Installed V4 too on my Alfawise S92 (similar to Beelink GT1) flawlessly with USB Burning tool as it wasn"t working with SDCard

Only Netflix is not working even using your APK :( but MyCanal is working

coikutebmt

Jun 14, 2015

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu
    Hi when I try to unpack the rom it gives me this error, (There was a problem extracting your ROM)

What can be caused this???

I don't want to bother, but could you tell me what steps to follow to get the BT files included in the rom. I would appreciate it very much.
    you need to use amlogic unpack plugin, this is a donate feature, of use ricks tool unpack to l1, copy files over manually and rename to .img (my old workaround)

MaTTiQ

Feb 14, 2012
    Hi @aidanmacgregor, hope you're well. I have installed this version on X96 Max Plus (4/32 GB version) based on S905X3 with 1 Gbit LAN, model name is if I'm right X96 MaxPlus2. I flashed firmware using SD card method in Burn Card Maker as it's more convenient to me and I managed to get this working but with some drawbacks. I found the link in this topic so I'm replying here even though firmware name says it's v6 and there is a separate topic for it.

Listing below issues I found:
    1. WiFi
    I can enable it however no network is found and after ca. 1 minute it automatically goes disabled. For one time system freezed for a while. It's probably because of lack of appropriate WiFi driver. AFAIK device uses Realtek 8822CS wireless chipset. I can provide you libraries with RTL8822 drivers from other ROMs where WiFi works.

2. HDMI-CEC
    a.
    Turning off attached devices
    I have tried on 2 Panasonic TVs and device turns on my TV with Denon AVR or another TV with Sony soundbar but it doesn't shut them down. I have 'turn off' option enabled in CEC settings.

b. Volume control
    I'm not sure if volume control handled by AVR should work as I don't own Mi Box, I could see some posts that Mi Box users can't control AVR volume via CEC using TV box remote so I can expect it won't work anyway however wanted to point it. Even I use CEC I can't control AVR/soundbar through it, I'm only getting regular volume bar on the right side.

3. Audio passthrough (Dolby, DTS etc.)
    I have tried multiple settings however none of them allowed me to get Dolby TrueHD or DTS audio on my AVR. I'm not sure if I should expect it using your firmware.

4. OTA update
    Received an OTA update notification (668 MB, This build resolve following critical issues: 1) Improve system performance 2) Update security patch) so I tried to run it. Download and installation went fine and after I chose reboot I didn't get into the system anymore. Instead of that I got into TWRP recovery screen. I couldn't process further. I needed to do a reflash using USB Burning Tool because of problem mentioned below at 5a so I couldn't get into flash mode.

5. Model related problems
    a.
    Device not booting into flashing mode using button
    To trigger recovery (or flash mode) X96 requires to use e.g. match or screwdriver to keep button clicked inside AV port during booting. It doesn't work anymore after flashing this image. Probably it lacks some mapping of physical buttons.

b. VFD screen doesn't work
    X96 has a little screen which can display time and some indicators as HD, USB etc. It doesn't work using this ROM.

Other than above it works like a charm, clean, fast, applications work nice. Issues mentioned above are technical related to this particular model and it's hardware. I hope they can be resolved at least some of them. I'm willing to help with testing improved versions if there's such need. I have some technical knowledge so I should be able provide details needed.

Great job mate! 💪🏼

• Love
    Reactions: aidanmacgregor

Top Liked Posts

find a stock rom that you can flash and works and i can try a port :)
      This is stock rom for X96 Max + 2/16 GB, https://mega.nz/file/jlg32KgA#7dVg-5EI9t37YzC4IzDfHiO5bR7tPVzA62c3IRXfohk
      Appreciate your help to port this one.
      @aidanmacgregor tried V7 of the ROM for S912, and no.2 and no.4(test roms?) of V7 for S912, on my YOKA TV KB2 non pro but again no WiFi. all three ROM's stable but no wi-fi. had to roll back to slimbox V11.3 . thanks for the hard work.
      Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
      Android TV apk I will upload the link
      Testing S905W4 & S905X3 Versions Now Available To Try!!

Also some fixed versions for various people to try

hugocarmo
      Zeyn Elenson
      eManuka
      [email protected]
      DreamSeason
      aoliu
      Someone else Forgot who (x96 Mini WML1 Firmware)

if ive missed anyone let me know :)
      oh see drive for a new folder to try :)
      Well some good news and some better news!

First I tried the new version and it wasn't working either, so I tried another HDMI port on my monitor and it seem that the port was the issue. So I went back and tried the first version you posted last week and it does in fact boot just fine, but no wifi!

Then I tried the new file ( [v7] Aidan's ROM [s912] (M8S Pro LB) XDA-DreamSeason.img ) from the fixes folder and that one boots and wifi is working! Will test and see how it works but so far so good. Thanks!!!
      ota ugrape after install not working, update downloaded and auto reboot for install, but fail install update in recovery.

idea ?
      ota will never work, its trying to install the lates official mi box s firware, we dont have the right hardware for this to install, Manual update due soon :)
      Hi everyone, For people having errors flashing with amlogic tool, try to not select erase bootloader option and also let the tool works even if you see errors
      Screenshot_20210429-174730[2].png

^^^NEW Homescreen, Update From Play Store ^^^

Aidan's Custom ROM S905W, S912 & S905x3

If You See An Update Available Via OTA The Plan is For Me To Release An Update Within A Week Based On The Latest Official Mi Box Firmware

bootup.jpg

Boot animation
      v7.1 boot.gif

First Boot Welcome Screen
      Screenshot_20200624-000353.png

Final Step & Infomation
      Screenshot_20210428-191506[1].png

Preinstalled Apps (New UI)
      Screenshot_20210428-212457.png

Google Play Certified
      Screenshot_20201208-033507.png

Settings, About
      Screenshot_20210428-212037.png

Android TV Netflix! (Install Apk)
      Screenshot_20210207-224128.png

This is My Android 9.0 Firmware, This Is Based On The Official Mi Box Android TV 9.0 Firmware

This Is A Firmware Port Of The Xiaomi Mi Box Firmware Designed To Run On Other Amlogic Devices

This Firmware Is FAST & STABLE

WARNING: This Is Experimental & Requires Multiple Steps, Please Read About "Mask Rom Mode" To Know How To Recover Your Device If Installation Fails!
      This Has The New Amlogic Kernel And May Not Work On All Device

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!
      ------------------------------------------------
      NEW Website! Check it out & Download!
      >>>> Website Click Here <<<<
      -----------------------

v7 New Features (29.April.2021)
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3409
      Security Patch 5.January.2021
      Now Includes App Drawer (Non Tv Apps)
      Now Includes File Browser
      Cleaned & De Bloat
      More Tweaks...

v6 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v5 New Features (N/A)
      Not Released On This Chip

v4 New Features (16.Nov.2020)
      1st Update After OTA Update Available Notification
      BASED ON LATEST MI BOX Official Pie Build 3139
      Security Patch 5.October.2020
      NTFS & exFAT USB Drive Support Added
      Removed Mi Tv Analytics
      Bug Report Sender Removed

v3 New Features
      BASED ON STABLE MI BOX Official Pie Build 2696
      Security Patch 5.April.2020
      New Google Keyboard From Chromecast With Google TV
      New Boot animation
      Enabled 14 Wi-Fi Channels
      Updated Google Play Store
      De Bloat System
      Remove Chromecast
      Remove Google Play Games, Music & Video
      Remove Netflix & Prime Video
      Reduced img Size For Faster Download
      Reduced Install Time
      More Tweaks

v2 New Features
      Created USB Burnig tool Image
      New Install Method Now 1 Step Install

v1 Features
      Original Install Method Using base ROM & Update.ZIP

How To Install

Use USB Burning Tool, See Website

Wait Up To 5 Mins For Firmware To Boot For First Time & Proceed Through Initial Set Up

Open Settings & Navigate To "Apps", Then Choose "See All Apps" Then Disable "Movie Player" & File Manager If They Don't Work & Any Other Apps You Want To Hide

Enjoy!

Netflix wont work from play store
      The TV Version of Netflix needs Widevine Level 1 DRM, This cannot be added to your device with a firmware, Patched Netflix Apk Now Available

Amazon Prime Wont Work
      A. Like Netflix Install the mobile app, the TV version needs Widevine Level 1

Disney+ No Sound
      A. Fixed Earlier Release

No Root
      There Is No Root In This Firmware Because This Is a User Build (Not User Debug)
      User Build: This Is Like The official Android Tv Devices (Like Mi Box), it does not have root or TWRP, Uses Release Keys and is SELINUX enforced
      Why?
      This Makes More Apps Show Up In The Play Store that didn't show before, (Example: Isp Android TV live tv app, only shows in Play Store On non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app do not even play in rooted devices.) And other Apps With Similar Issues On Non Certified Devices....

myCANAL App No Sound...
      See This Post
      TO EVERYONE

updates to S905W & S912 are slow due to not having test devices, makes stability improvements hard to diagnose, wifi improvements should be easier to add without testing and i will do this ass soon as i can, i have been working on a private project in most of my free time so not had a chance to further refine these chips, thanks for being paitent :)
      Is it and Android TV apk, or an apk of the mobile app? Can you share the link to that?
      Android TV apk I will upload the link
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...

I am also waiting for the wifi fix for the lb version
      t966ift.jpg

NHpRkdd.jpeg

maybe help...
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures